PDA

View Full Version : So I'm going to castaic lagoon need some tips

smokecdxx
10-23-2009, 12:29 PM
So I'm headed out there right now so can anyone give me some advice on a good spot to shore fish? Or some tips on bait imgame to fish any species

Thanks,

Kevin

Hometown
10-23-2009, 01:00 PM
So I'm headed out there right now so can anyone give me some advice on a good spot to shore fish? Or some tips on bait imgame to fish any species

Thanks,

Kevin

try fishing below the camp ground with night crawlers some big blue gill and bass i also read that dfg planted trout this week good luck and let me know how you did im going saturday :HOMETOWN:

catfish 17
10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
try some mack for the cats. or some chicken liver. and anchovies for the stripeys

Fire Ball
10-23-2009, 02:30 PM
They planted trout this week, so I don't know if you want to try and catch them, but I don't fish for trout so I can't give you any tips for them. For bass, I caught my first drop shot bass yesterday. I suggest drop shotting with 6" Roboworms in Aaron's Magic color. You can use ripped up nightcrawlers or mealworms and catch some nice bluegill, but I noticed they only went in the shallows once the sun started to set. It is too hot for them right now. A few weeks ago when it was cold and I caught 50+ by myself.

When are you going? I plan on going either tomorrow or Sunday.

Ray Lopez
10-23-2009, 02:45 PM
try some mack for the cats. or some chicken liver. and anchovies for the stripeys

there are no catfish of striper in the lagoon

for bass drop shot is the best method for catching the lagoon bass in my opinion

for the trout toss out some power bait on a small trebel hook and fish near the launch ramp and the rip rap.

i was there last night and the trout were on fire i saw a few people go out for 30 minutes and land limits. I went for bass but the bas'n is slow due to the influx of new fish so i have a feeling the bass'n will pick up once they get used to the trout. Then you might also want to start throwing out some trout colored swim baits for the monster bass.

Fire Ball
10-23-2009, 02:51 PM
there are no catfish of striper in the lagoon

for bass drop shot is the best method for catching the lagoon bass in my opinion

for the trout toss out some power bait on a small trebel hook and fish near the launch ramp and the rip rap.

i was there last night and the trout were on fire i saw a few people go out for 30 minutes and land limits. I went for bass but the bas'n is slow due to the influx of new fish so i have a feeling the bass'n will pick up once they get used to the trout. Then you might also want to start throwing out some trout colored swim baits for the monster bass.

I need to try and catch a few trout this weekend, lol. Sounds like it is really easy! Bassin' is pretty slow right now, but I bet it will pick up fast. I still got my first drop shot bass, though!

When did you go Ray? I ended up staying really late if you read my report, lol.