PDA

View Full Version : Initial Assistance Workshop

ghetto dad
10-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Good morning everyone,

Has anyone on unemployment or recently on unemployment been required to do this class? Its 2 1/2 hours....just want to know exactly what it is....and what you had to do.....

thanks

GD

lalo56
10-23-2009, 08:24 AM
I believe i did... Just questions to see where you are at as far as basic skills in your education, like math and such things. Once you are done you take a break and come back and then you are done. After that I(dont know if you will) had a representative assisting me. I had options on a retraining paid by my ex-employer and EDD. Nothing to worry about. Easy stuff.

EDIT: Now that i think about it you take a personality test not the math and other things.

ghetto dad
10-23-2009, 09:05 AM
I believe i did... Just questions to see where you are at as far as basic skills in your education, like math and such things. Once you are done you take a break and come back and then you are done. After that I(dont know if you will) had a representative assisting me. I had options on a retraining paid by my ex-employer and EDD. Nothing to worry about. Easy stuff.

EDIT: Now that i think about it you take a personality test not the math and other things.

I dont know..from what little info I found on the internet..there supposeldy is some "contract" to be signed..that might be old info tho..dont know..

I received the notice in the mail lalo..did you RECEIVE that too??

?

GD

Ricky-Ray
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
When I was on unemployment a few years back I remember I got a letter from EDD saying that I had to attend this workshop and to bring my resume. From what I gathered it was to make sure you were on the right track in finding another job. I remembered in the fine print saying that if I didn't attend then I wouldn't get anymore unemployment, so I made the appointment to go.

Well the day of came and I overslept....LOL

I didn't call them and I still continued to get my unemployment for the six months.

lalo56
10-23-2009, 11:29 AM
I dont know..from what little info I found on the internet..there supposeldy is some "contract" to be signed..that might be old info tho..dont know..

I received the notice in the mail lalo..did you RECEIVE that too??

?

GD

Yes, i got that in the mail. It stated that i had to complete my resume on the site caljobs and attend the workshop. I did what i was told. No big deal, its boring but hey, its a requirement to receive my benefits.
My memory is a little vague due to it being a while back. But im 80.62682488001% sure.

victor101
10-23-2009, 11:35 AM
im 80.62682488001% sure.

LMAO! hahaha

lalo56
10-23-2009, 11:39 AM
LMAO! hahaha

:LOL:

GD make every effort to attend. Dont give them any excuses to decline your benefits specially during our economic state.

evalrez
10-23-2009, 11:55 AM
My fiance had to go to that class recently. He was sent a notice in the mail. He was told that if he didnt go to the class they would hold his check for a couple weeks :Shocked:. Its a mandatory class. The class he went to, they show you how to prepare a resume and ask questions. Simple stuff, no testing.

lalo56
10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
My fiance had to go to that class recently. He was sent a notice in the mail. He was told that if he didnt go to the class they would hold his check for a couple weeks :Shocked:. Its a mandatory class. The class he went to, they show you how to prepare a resume and ask questions. Simple stuff, no testing.

Must have changed since the time i went to it. Yes, its nothing to worry about, just boring.

ghetto dad
10-25-2009, 09:47 PM
When I was on unemployment a few years back I remember I got a letter from EDD saying that I had to attend this workshop and to bring my resume. From what I gathered it was to make sure you were on the right track in finding another job. I remembered in the fine print saying that if I didn't attend then I wouldn't get anymore unemployment, so I made the appointment to go.

Well the day of came and I overslept....LOL

I didn't call them and I still continued to get my unemployment for the six months.

lmao..

Yes, i got that in the mail. It stated that i had to complete my resume on the site caljobs and attend the workshop. I did what i was told. No big deal, its boring but hey, its a requirement to receive my benefits.
My memory is a little vague due to it being a while back. But im 80.62682488001% sure.

:LOL:

GD make every effort to attend. Dont give them any excuses to decline your benefits specially during our economic state.

no, i AM going...thanks

Yes..i think this is what i was looking for...my concern is when i searched this class on line...there was something (it wasnt 100% clear) about some contract that i had to sign...my concern with that (I stress about everything btw) was that they would make me take some min wage job to get my off UE..which, btw...i make more on UE than that...get what im saying? thanks for the help..

oh, and they didnt say anything about bringing a resume..just my SS card and my ID...

thanks everyone..

GD

lalo56
10-25-2009, 10:53 PM
lmao..

no, i AM going...thanks

Yes..i think this is what i was looking for...my concern is when i searched this class on line...there was something (it wasnt 100% clear) about some contract that i had to sign...my concern with that (I stress about everything btw) was that they would make me take some min wage job to get my off UE..which, btw...i make more on UE than that...get what im saying? thanks for the help..

oh, and they didnt say anything about bringing a resume..just my SS card and my ID...

thanks everyone..

GD

Screw minimum wage... I would be over qualified for jobs they offer. They cant force you to take a job you are over qualified. Some companies would not even hire you because they know you are over qualified because they know you will leave and they dont want to take time to train you.

Troutman65
10-25-2009, 11:26 PM
: Now that i think about it you take a personality test not the math and other things.

GD will fail that test.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Wink:

ghetto dad
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
GD will fail that test.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Wink:

Oh..you got jokes, huh Parick..lmao..dont be hatin cuz im on level 15!! :ROFL:

GD

Troutman65
10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh..you got jokes, huh Parick..lmao..dont be hatin cuz im on level 15!! :ROFL:

GD

I no hater. I just could not help myself. :LOL::Wink: