PDA

View Full Version : Shoreline for the Opener????????

King Halibut
10-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Vineline/Vineassist,

Or anyone else that has been to the lake lately, what is the water level like now and will it be much different for the trout opener?
I know last year the water got pretty high which limited the amount of shoreline in which to fish.
Will the west shore be open to foot/car traffic at all this year or will the lake remain full?
How about Trout Island, is it accessible?
How about Santiago Flats, is there room to fish without standing in the weeds?

Thanks in advance for the info.

KH

King Halibut
10-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Unfriggin' believable...................

One hundred and forty plus "fishermen/women" have opened and read this posting and not a single one of you has any idea (or have chosen not to comment) on what the lake currently and most likely will look like in the next two weeks!
I am amazed!
I am sure some percentage of you have been to the lake in the past few days but have all chosen to leave me hangin' including Vineline and Vineassist!
I know I could call the office and ask, but I figured this would be the the best way to go about inquiring about current and upcoming fishing conditions.
Guess not!
It's not like I'm asking about your favorite spot or what type of bait you'll be using, all I wanted to know was if there might be some decent spots on shore to fish from that's all.
Thanks again for all the insightfull information.
Guess I will have to wait until I get there on the 9th and see for myself.
Until them mums the word!
Shhhhh!

KH

bruce watson
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
If you look at Johnsfishing last post of Irvine, you'll see the shoreline in the background of some of his pics. There are cars parked on trout island and the camping area is all dry and full of cars. This time of year not many are fishing Irvine during the day. I had no idea what the shoreline looked like, now I do.

VineAssist
10-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Just saw this post sorry for the lag time in getting back to it. Trout Island is currently accesable to cars and foot traffic. However, as always space is limited on the Island. The west shore is accesable via the upper campground. You can park in the upper campground and walk to the West Shore. The flats are also open to foot and car traffic.
Once again we are a drinking water facility that has to store water. It is up to mother nature and the demand for water that determines our water levels. If it rains, they are calling for an El Nino event this year, we will most certainly take the water we can.
Hope this helps King Halibut

King Halibut
10-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Vineassist,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding the amount of shoreline currently available.
For those of us without a boat and not financially able to rent them, this information is invaluable.

Regards,

KH

Thanks also to Bruce.

johnsfishing
10-27-2009, 10:43 AM
thanks for the shout out Bruce. Thats why we include those photos.

take care,

johnsfishing