PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 10-23-09

mhughes55
10-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Read about the trout plant today so me and a few friends got to the lake about 12 and tried our luck throwing the big baits for the stripes. Got there just in time to see the trout truck pull away, they put alot of nice 2-3 pounders but they were way to doped up to bite anything. So i started trowing a huddleston for a few hours with no love. Switched to the Z plug with about an hour to go and it paid off, i only got one hit all day but made it count. After a good and stressful fight (mostly because we left the net at home) we landed the fish and it was a nice 14 pounder. We got one other striper that went 15 will ad the rest of the pics later.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/mhughes55/DSC00014.jpg

bassassassin
10-23-2009, 01:16 AM
nice striper man, i wanted to hit it today and catch some lmb but i dont get my new swimbait rod til tommorow so i guess its gotta wait... did you see any lmb chasing trout?

mhughes55
10-23-2009, 01:30 AM
No didnt see any lms all the boils looked like stripers, but dam there were some big stripers exploding on those half unconscious trout. I'm sure those big larges will figer it out in the next few days.

hookup
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
hell ya dude nice fish im hittin up tommorow with the big baits hopin to tear it up.was that off shore?

Liteliner
10-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Nice job man. I should get out there on the next plant. Thanks for the report.

TroutOnly
10-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice striper ,cant wait for the ramp to open cause then all the stripers will die,,,,,,,,,,,,trolling z-plugs,,,,,,,,

RamboBoy
10-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Dayum nice striper

congrats your catch !

Gobigal
10-24-2009, 12:41 PM
After the lastest trout plant and the huge stripers feeding on those "sitting ducks" (trout), I have concluded the holover trout program at DVL has gone the route of Castaic, Silverwood, Pyramid and Perris. When they plant 2-3 pound trout and you compare their size to the mouth of a 10-20 pound striper, there's just no chance for survival. Maybe, if they planted trout on a barge in the middle of the lake, or the intake area there would be some chance, but the cost of this endeavor is a "no-go". Too bad for the holdover trout fisherman like me, but a boom to the striper fisherman. Guess, I need to adjust and buy new striper lures, poles and reels for the future lake quarry.

Big Al