PDA

View Full Version : Longer up hill walk on new ramp

JL
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I have been checking on the progress on the new ramp and have to say that walk up the hill to retrieve my truck is going to require a rest area half way:):)
Maybe Megan and Last Chance could sponsor a tram or golf cart service to the parking lot. I would have no problem tipping the driver.

I realize many of you youngsters just jog up and you are on your way, but those of us who have been fishing for over 40 years look at the ramp and the end of the day as if it were Mt Everest:)

Oh just thought of a great idea........how about a ski lift chair system.

Tight lines to all!!

samgann93
10-22-2009, 07:39 PM
They could make awesome money if they had a golf cart ride for 3 dollars or sumthing. have a gear area in the back.

bruce watson
10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
It would be nice for the handicapped if they had a tram ride of some sort.

LunkerLover
10-22-2009, 10:41 PM
...AND... beer and cold drinks @ the half way stop! A place to refill on smokes ... a donut stand ... this could be awesome!

WARRIORMIKE
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Need to Get Physical !

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/olivia-newton-john-physical.jpg
(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P7zm8xZYJ0w/Se3ON7DG_XI/AAAAAAAAAsI/qDA6bN2_nIM/s400/olivia-newton-john-physical.jpg)

fishmounter
10-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah well I guess I'm not going to die from a heart attack, 'cause I just walked up that hill yesterday and I'm still alive! (Even though I was way behind Lunkerlover and SkipperDick.) That walk up the ramp is tough! Especially at the end of a warm day out on the lake. Why did I bring so much stuff?

TroutOnly
10-24-2009, 08:17 AM
They need a service golf cart with the big bed for peoples gear, and those who need a lift can get one, and the young guys can hike the mountain,,,,,,,,,,i want a ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Kareem Korn
10-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I usually wait for high tide

IN2DEEP
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Is it longer than Castaic Lake? (lately)

That Dang Guy
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
It can't be any longer than the previos walk to the rental boats!

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
They need a service golf cart with the big bed for peoples gear, and those who need a lift can get one, and the young guys can hike the mountain,,,,,,,,,,i want a ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o
I second that Bob, I've only been there twice but that hill is a killa'....

They really need to get a propane cart.....they could rig it with a small relatively flat trailer with some small railings that pivot down to allow asy loadup of ice chests etc.

Get me on the board at the lake....I'd make it happen.

Basshole
10-26-2009, 08:24 PM
hmmmm...sounds like something than an enterprising person could make a few $$$$ at when the ramp re-opens.

diamondbear
10-27-2009, 09:42 AM
I just wonder how long it'll take for the water to rise enough that it won't be such a long hike up . A year maybe or two ? LETS HOPE SOONER .

TrouTracker
10-27-2009, 10:07 AM
To Steve- The water level is going to be a challenge for quite some time. I was out at the Jewel this past weekend and it was reported that the water level rose 1 foot. That's pretty significant when you account how big the lake is. When Megan's ramp is completed, there is talk about bringing water in at that time via the Inland Water Feeder line. We're looking at a few years to get us back to where we were originally. I'll just be happy to be on the water with my own boat.......
Barry A. Ogawa

pwynn
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
i think it should be a rule that no one can walk up the hill. you must hitch a ride... there are several hundred pickups that go up and down that ramp evey weekend. they all have beds...it should be manditory that we give each other a lift to the top...

reelinIT
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
where is this

mrjonez
10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
that walk sucks. i have a bum ticker and last time it took a few stops to make it. then i got to the top of the hill and some guy wanted to kill me for some reason. mad dogging is the last thing someone needs after that treck.

old pudd fisher
10-28-2009, 07:07 PM
that walk sucks. i have a bum ticker and last time it took a few stops to make it. then i got to the top of the hill and some guy wanted to kill me for some reason. mad dogging is the last thing someone needs after that treck.

Just be prepared to kill them first.:Guns:

Kareem Korn
10-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Thought: How cool would it be if after everytime we launched/retrieved the boat to ask the fisherman just starting the walk up to get their trailer if they needed a ride. That would be good karma.

Basshole
10-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Thought: How cool would it be if after everytime we launched/retrieved the boat to ask the fisherman just starting the walk up to get their trailer if they needed a ride. That would be good karma.
I'd do it. Always fun to help out fellow anglers.