PDA

View Full Version : Who will move to L.A.

fishfinder
10-22-2009, 06:13 PM
With the anouncment to go ahead and build, there are 7 teams that are being shmoozed to come to L.A. Who do you think it wil be?

cutbait
10-22-2009, 06:16 PM
1. Cowboys

2. Packers

3. Steelers

4. Bears

5. Giants

In that order

Troutman65
10-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Vikings !!!!!

That would be Great . I could go to all the games and have so much fun.:LOL:

fishfinder
10-22-2009, 07:22 PM
1. Cowboys

2. Packers

3. Steelers

4. Bears

5. Giants

In that order

High!!!! :ROFL::Idiot:

Oz
10-22-2009, 07:23 PM
my 49ers arent going anywhere...they just need to make an expansion team and call it a day. the lame raiders and lambs can stay where they at. they had there shot in LA an blew it and left!!!

Oz
10-22-2009, 07:24 PM
u really think the vikings are gonna leave minnesota??? what u smoking??? can i have some :LOL:

fishfinder
10-22-2009, 07:25 PM
I would like to see the raiders come, so i can get season tickets, but being from minnesota i would welcome the vikings. But i think it will end up being the jaguars, cause they are going to go bankrupt in jacksonville.

Troutman65
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
my 49ers arent going anywhere...they just need to make an expansion team and call it a day. the lame raiders and lambs can stay where they at. they had there shot in LA an blew it and left!!!

:ROFL: Yeah, I was dreaming .

Personally I would like to see an expansion Team come our way. New start .

Lightning
10-22-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm going off the board and taking the Saints...

Jimmy310
10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
LA needs an expansion team. No way I can stomach most of the teams bidding. We need a new team with out the gay purple, turquoise, yellow, green. The LA Bills, LA Chargers? Fugg that lets just get a New team!
I refuse to follow any other team other than an expansion team.:Twisted:

smokinflies
10-22-2009, 11:38 PM
u really think the vikings are gonna leave minnesota??? what u smoking??? can i have some :LOL:

Money talks.

Any of those teams will leave for right price.

fishfinder
10-23-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm going off the board and taking the Saints...

saints already signed a contract in lousyanna.
vikes will get a deal done by dangling a move to l.a.
i like the jags moving and renaming them when they get here, like the oilers/titans did.
any-one got any good names for an l.a. team. I would like to see a fish name of some sort. maybe the L.A. Barracudas
oh yea!!!!

wellbilldancesays
10-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Well the Raiders could use a new stadium and the Raider Nation is strong out here!!

Oz
10-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Money talks.

Any of those teams will leave for right price.

you're right $$$ talks. but they have fan base unlike some of these other teams that they only root 4 them when there good. the 49ers and the vikings have loyal fans unlike some others.

Cangler
10-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Vikings !!!!!

That would be Great . I could go to all the games and have so much fun.:LOL:

They'll move the Vikings to London first !

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10263226/Goodell-eyes-multiple-London-games-...-and-a-team

The Angler
10-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I think the 49ers might actually be the team to move out here in so cal. They have been trying to get a new stadium built In santa clara where the 49ers corprate offices are they even have the concept art of the stadium plans on the 49ers website. So if they are already planning on making the move out of San Francisco to Santa Clara why not LA?:Wink:

jlgarciaiii22
10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
The Raiders are not welcomed....

The San Diego Chargers are coming.... They have asked for a new stadium and were told NO WAY! The drive from San Diego is not that far so True Die Hard Fans will make the trip. They were already asked if they would consider returning to LA (1960's L.A. Chargers) the owner replied " If the price is right and we play in a new stadium, NOT THE COLISUEM, Anything is possible!

If the Chargers come, Personally I LOVE IT !!!!!!! My Cowboys will come to Southern Cal every Pre-Season and every few years for a regular Season Game!

If it should be an Expansion I'd go with The LOS ANGELES CATFISH

fishfinder
10-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Just heard an interview on the radio with the guy that is building the stadium. he wants to buy a team. only teams for sale are jaguars ( Barracudas) and the Rams. And most the other teams are locked up for a few years still. Said he wanted to put 2 teams in the venue eventually. he also said there was a 90 percent chance there would be a team in l.a. for the 2011 season, playing in the rosebowl til the stadium is done in 2013.

fishermanwife
10-23-2009, 08:40 PM
LA Football Stadium Approved
Phil Wallace • Bio (http://www.laobserved.com/contributors.php#wallace) • Email (phil@laobserved.com)
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today signed a bill that effectively approved construction (http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_13617188) on a new football stadium (http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/) in the City of Industry. This is truly a landmark day for those who have been yearning for the NFL to return to LA, myself included, since the Rams and Raiders left 15 years ago.
For years, the biggest hurdle to NFL football in LA was the lack of a stadium. The city government in Los Angeles was only willing to get behind the Coliseum, a site the NFL desperately did not want. City politics helped kill perfectly legitimate plans in places like South Park and Chavez Ravine. (The latter led Peter O'Malley to sell the Dodgers, which ultimately put us in the bizarre situation (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/10/22/dodgers.mccourts/index.html) we're in today with the McCourts. For the record, I blame Mike Hernandez and Mark Ridley-Thomas for that, but that's a conversation for another day).
There's a laundry list of other failed stadium plans. A plan for the Raiders to move to Hollywood Park fell apart because Al Davis didn't want to wait for it to be built. A plan to renovate the Rose Bowl was rejected by the Pasadena City Council. A plan in Carson failed because partially because it was on a toxic waste dump. Other stadium proposals in Anaheim, El Segundo, and Lynwood never materialized.
But now, thanks to the incredible work of Ed Roski and Majestic Realty, we are as close as we've ever been to a modern football stadium in the greater L.A. area. Make that the state of California actually, as all three NFL teams in the state play in aging stadiums. I'd argue that today is also a victory for development and progress in California, as we showed that eight homeowners in Walnut are not enough to stop a project that will create jobs and benefit the region economically. In fact, those who are upset about the environmental exemption granted by the governor neglect to mention that the proposed LEED-certified stadium would actually be better for the environment (http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-rutten21-2009oct21,0,649786.column) than what would go there otherwise.
The biggest remaining hurdle now is getting a team to move here. Now that there is an actual stadium plan approved, expect relocation talks to get serious. The hope is that a team could move to the Coliseum or Rose Bowl in 2011, and the new stadium could be completed by 2013. Of course, relocation could be complicated by existing stadium leases and I am unsure what kind of deal Roski wants to work out in order give him at least some ownership stake in a franchise. There are seven teams that could potentially move to L.A. and I'll take a look at each of them.
San Francisco 49ers: The Niners are the least likely team to move among the seven. The team has been working for a long time on a new stadium in Santa Clara. It's possible that could fall through. But even if that were the case, the Niners are the dominant team in the Bay Area, there is a ton of history with the franchise, and one would reason that the Niners would exhaust every Northern California option.

Oakland Raiders: The organization is completely unstable right now, and it wouldn't surprise me if Al Davis were admitted to an insane asylum at some point. In the meantime, he's in a horrible stadium in Oakland with a lease that expires after the 2010 season. The NFL wants the Raiders to consider sharing a stadium in Santa Clara with the 49ers; however, the team has never given a definitive answer to that idea.
Rumors have persisted for years that anyone from Dean Metropoulos to Ed DeBartolo would like to buy the Raiders and move them south. Al Davis only owns 26% of the Raiders and he is not in great health, so anything could happen there. The Raiders also have as sizable a fan base any NFL team in L.A.
But part of the problem with the Raiders is their brand. When they played in the Coliseum, the Raiders name was synonymous with gang violence. Families stayed away from the Silver and Black. Players were afraid to let their kids attend their games in person. Even the NFL wouldn't allow Monday Night and Sunday Night games to be played at the Coliseum because they thought it wasn't safe.
It's true that USC football and continued development in the region has helped change the perception of the Coliseum and the surrounding area. But it will take a lot to change the perception of the Raiders. Perhaps a new owner with the right personality and the right marketing plan can make a difference, but it won't be easy.

San Diego Chargers: They might be in the best position to move of any team in the NFL. The Chargers can get out of their stadium lease if they're willing to pay a fee that decreases every year. They've been trying to get a new stadium in San Diego for a long time, and as far as I know, there aren't any serious proposals on the table. Still, it remains to be seen how much of a stake the Spanos family would be willing to give up, and at least publicly, they remain very committed to staying in San Diego. I think the NFL would like to keep a team there too, if possible.

Jacksonville Jaguars: If I'm NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, I'm looking at a team in a tiny market like Jacksonville that won't sell out a single home game this year on one coast, and I'm looking at an unserved market with 17 million people on the other coast, and I'd be wondering "how do I get them to move?"
I lived in Florida for two years, and I'd bet the Jaguars rank about fourth in the Jacksonville pecking order -- below Florida, Florida State, and Georgia college football. Certainly Jaguars attendance would bear that out, as the team appears to be nearing a crisis situation.
Moving the Jaguars to LA seems to make perfect sense. Even the name "L.A. Jaguars" has a nice ring to it. Unfortunately for LA though, Jacksonville has one of the toughest leases to break in the NFL. The team can only break its lease if it loses money for three consecutive seasons or if a judge determines that the city has not properly maintained the Jaguars' stadium.
On the first point, the Jags may very well be able prove financial losses at their current pace. But doing so would require the team to open its books to the public, something that sports teams almost never want to do, and the NFL might not even allow it. On the second point, the city has paid millions on improvements to the Jaguars' stadium, and it even hosted a Super Bowl as recently as 2005. Even if the Jaguars found a way to get out of their lease, they might have to pay up to $50 million in rent owed to the city in a lump sum.
The lease was negotiated by Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver, who is a Jacksonville guy and wants the team to stay. But he is also nearing 80 and has also openly talked about selling.
Perhaps a solution can be reached for the Jaguars to move to LA, especially since Jacksonville would appear to have little strategic value to the NFL. But for now, I still wonder why the league granted Jacksonville an expansion franchise over Baltimore and St. Louis back in 1993.

St. Louis Rams: I would absolutely love it if the Rams moved back to L.A. I grew up a Los Angeles Rams fan, and I have to admit -- as bizarre as this sounds -- that I miss them. TJ Simers recently wrote an article (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers12-2009oct12,0,1177194.column) joking about how he didn't want the Rams back here because they're a terrible team right now. But good teams generally don't move, and in the NFL, bad teams can improve quickly. On-field performance is the least of my concerns right now.
The Rams have a storied history in Los Angeles, dating back to the days of Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin, Crazy Legs Hirsch, Deacon Jones, Eric Dickerson, and Jackie Slater. Despite what Simers might argue, the name Los Angeles Rams has cachet in this city, and at least has a historical brand to sell.
The Rams have a clear out-clause in their stadium lease in 2014 and have a murky ownership situation. After Georgia Frontiere died, control of the team went to her children Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez. Rosenbloom has made it clear that he'd like to keep the Rams in St. Louis, although I'm not sure why. He lives in Los Angeles where he's a Hollywood producer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0742428/) who made the Shiloh the dog movies. Still, him and his sister have been fielding offers the 60% share of the Rams that they own (Rush Limbaugh's interest became very public), and it might be difficult to find a buyer who wants to keep the team in Missouri when it would figure to be more profitable in Los Angeles. Still, 2014 is a long time from now.

Minnesota Vikings: I would be surprised if the Vikings left Minnesota, but it's certainly plausible. The Vikings' stadium lease expires in 2011, and persistent efforts to build a new stadium have born no fruit. The organization has expressed clear frustration with the state legislature for several years now. If significant progress is not made soon, then Vikings will surely take relocation seriously.
Still, it's hard for me to believe that given the deep emotions Minnesotans feel for the Vikings, that the team would leave. They have a rich tradition in the Twin Cities. However, the same could have been said about the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Colts, and they both found a way to leave. It would be interesting to have two Purple and Gold teams in L.A. that originated in Minnesota. Of course, if the team could always change its name if it moved here.

Buffalo Bills: The Bills are in a complex situation in Buffalo. The city is not what it once was, and it simply cannot support an NFL team. Bills owner Ralph Wilson recognizes this and has reached a deal to play several home games in Toronto each season until the team's lease expires in 2012.
Wilson just turned 91 though and has said he will not give the team to his children. That could leave the Bills for sale and open the doors for an L.A. buyer. Still, it's also possible that the team could wind up playing more games in Toronto, or even move there under a new owner. Additionally, Roger Goodell is from Western New York state and would like to keep a team there. If the Bills did move to L.A. though, then a name change might be a good idea.
October 22, 2009 7:59 PM •

dfisher
10-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I think St Louis will move.

But who wants this ****** *** team back in LA?

I sure don't. Come on niners!!!!!!!!!

Joshua
10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
you're right $$$ talks. but they have fan base unlike some of these other teams that they only root 4 them when there good. the 49ers and the vikings have loyal fans unlike some others.
There is no way you just called 49er fans loyal. That is funny, When the 49ers had Montana and Young (and were winning) there were 49ers fans all over LA. Everyone had their new starter Jacket. Now that they suck. You can't find a 49er fan anywhere. Maybe there are a few diehards in the bay area. The bay area has 2 bad teams.

fishfinder
10-26-2009, 11:13 AM
i guess they are going to go with the rich mans season ticket ploy called PSL's (personal seating lisence) a way to take the working class out of the season ticket market. charging an extra $1000 or so for a season ticket for the first year you own them. i don't know about you folks, but i cant afford an extra $4000 for 4 season tickets. if this is how they do it i wont support a team in L.A.

KaliDawgFan
10-26-2009, 11:24 AM
None of the above

The Angler
10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
There is no way you just called 49er fans loyal. That is funny, When the 49ers had Montana and Young (and were winning) there were 49ers fans all over LA. Everyone had their new starter Jacket. Now that they suck. You can't find a 49er fan anywhere. Maybe there are a few diehards in the bay area. The bay area has 2 bad teams.

I dont know what u are talking bout dude I live in So.Cal and there are tons of 49er fans down here. My opinion Or the most teams I see being supported down here are The Raiders,49ers,Rams,Cowboys these team I always see stickers on cars t-shirts,hats,jerseys u get the point. I dont know who will make the move. I personally would love for the Rams to come back (since there in the NFC WEST division and nowhere near the west coast)? I could go to LA and watch my niners give them the beat down they do every year.

Or the 49ers, It just makes since to me that the 49ers are probably the team that is more prepared for a new stadium being built they already have the blue prints and have been cleared to build it in Santa Clara. Either way the NINERS are going to have a new stadium in 2 years be it Santa Clara or L.A.

wellbilldancesays
10-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Tons of 49er fans down here? Really? Hmmmm maybe they've just been hiding the last 15 years.

49ER NATION!!

troutdog
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
As long as its not the 9ers, traiders and the vikings I am good with it:ROFL:

TD

The Angler
10-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Tons of 49er fans down here? Really? Hmmmm maybe they've just been hiding the last 15 years.

49ER NATION!!

As long as its not the 9ers, traiders and the vikings I am good with it:ROFL:

TD

Damn Seems like you boys been sippin on that 49er haterade lately:ROFL:

troutdog
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Damn Seems like you boys been sippin on that 49er haterade lately:ROFL:

I'm a Ram fan what else would you expect, you tryin to get a back rub out of this or what? :LOL:

TD

Joshua
10-27-2009, 11:38 AM

49ER NATION!!
They are NOW wearing Saints Jerseys. Gotta love a front runner.

I know my teams blows, But I cant switch. My daughter asked, why do you like a team that always loses?? It will be that much sweeter when we become competitive again. We are one injury away from being a .500 team That is Russell getting injured. Finally, they pulled him out of last weeks game A step in the right direction

Troutman65
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
They'll move the Vikings to London first !

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10263226/Goodell-eyes-multiple-London-games-...-and-a-team

Over my dead body. Not my Vikings. I think its cool that some games are played over there ( England ) I don't think the American fans of the NFL would like the idea of one of our football teams moving over to England and setting up shop.

Besides , They have their own football, Soccer.

The Angler
10-27-2009, 01:00 PM
They are NOW wearing Saints Jerseys. Gotta love a front runner.

I know my teams blows, But I cant switch. My daughter asked, why do you like a team that always loses?? It will be that much sweeter when we become competitive again. We are one injury away from being a .500 team That is Russell getting injured. Finally, they pulled him out of last weeks game A step in the right direction

Yea they pulled him but have already said hes still going to start, All my uncles are die hard Raider fans after every sunday I send them the same text "When ever your ready to make a switch I gots a few 9er jerseys waiting for ya San Francisco is only a few miles away."

There response is always "FU NEVER":ROFL:

Troutman65
10-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Minnesota Vikings: I would be surprised if the Vikings left Minnesota, but it's certainly plausible. The Vikings' stadium lease expires in 2011, and persistent efforts to build a new stadium have born no fruit. The organization has expressed clear frustration with the state legislature for several years now. If significant progress is not made soon, then Vikings will surely take relocation seriously.
Still, it's hard for me to believe that given the deep emotions Minnesotans feel for the Vikings, that the team would leave. They have a rich tradition in the Twin Cities. However, the same could have been said about the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Colts, and they both found a way to leave. It would be interesting to have two Purple and Gold teams in L.A. that originated in Minnesota. Of course, if the team could always change its name if it moved here.

If the Vikings moved here they better not change their name. I am ok with the L.A. Vikings and that would be all I would wanted changed The L.A. Lakers moved from Minnesota and kept the Lakers name.

The Angler
10-27-2009, 09:13 PM

If the Vikings moved here they better not change their name. I am ok with the L.A. Vikings and that would be all I would wanted changed The L.A. Lakers moved from Minnesota and kept the Lakers name.
If they came to LA with the Viking fans wearing those viking hats with the long blonde locks they should change there name to the LA Trannys

primo55
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
raiders gonna return to l.a.,already have the fan base!

Troutman65
10-28-2009, 02:34 PM
If they came to LA with the Viking fans wearing those viking hats with the long blonde locks they should change there name to the LA Trannys

I don't think so Pal

troutdog
10-28-2009, 07:05 PM

It would certainly be a shorter commute for your dream job as Ragnar65 :ROFL:
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/TM65.jpg

TD

jlgarciaiii22
10-28-2009, 09:19 PM
raiders gonna return to l.a.,already have the fan base!
That's exactly why they will not be back in L.A.! The Raider Experience when they were here was a nightmare!!!! When you went to a game you never knew if you were going to get jumped or find your car missing when it was time to leave.:Guns: Al Davis was an idiot to leave thinking that L.A. would beg him to come back. When he realized us angelenos and the NFL didin't give a *****, he started with his lawsuits. Thats the last team that will be here regardless of how many fans they have here!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I've heard colts

Oz
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I've heard colts

bro what have u been sniffin on :ROFL:

:ROFL: to bad patrick shaved it all off :ROFL:

Oz
11-01-2009, 10:39 PM
we all know that cali is full of bandwagon jumpers thats a given but its getting old that the true fans gotta hear the BS. just way to many haters IMO.

Troutman65
11-01-2009, 11:15 PM
we all know that cali is full of bandwagon jumpers thats a given but its getting old that the true fans gotta hear the BS. just way to many haters IMO.

Your right OZ to many haters. Packer fans today included at Geen Bay.

On a side note , If a NFL team comes here I still will be a die hard Vikings fan. I would go to a game or two though.:LOL::Wink:

MAN VS WILD
12-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Can't wait!! Jaguars will be the first team to come to LA. It's a 50% a team will play in LA next season 100% chance we will have a team by the following year. They are looking to bring 2 teams to play here. The stadium will be built to accomidate 2 teams. This info came from the head of Majestic Realty.

primo55
12-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Itll be the jaguars,the people building the new stadium already anounced that they want to own whatever team plays in their facilities..thats the only team that will sell!!! i would like the raiders to come back,but i doubt it will happen..so unless a team is willing to sell full ownership i dont see them coming to los angeles.

skylarjames2009
12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
LA Niners that sound nice

baadfish69
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Id prefer an expansion team too, but the L.A. Jaguars sounds pretty nice, and who knows, with a new stadium, new owners and plenty of revenue, the L.A. Jags could be a force!