PDA

View Full Version : !help on trout!

catfish 17
10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
hey every one, i just wanted to see if some one could send me a pic or post me a pic of how to setup your poles for trout. its my 1st time actually going trout fishing. im thinking of going to corona. so i wanna know how to put ur hook like what size and how to put the weight. i wanna know how far from the hook does the weight go. a pic would be perfect. i know that ama need a 4 pound tst line.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-22-2009, 02:51 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/campfirefinal-miscbasicrigs.jpg

troutguy26
10-22-2009, 04:37 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/campfirefinal-miscbasicrigs.jpg

couldnt have said it better myself! lol

or u can just throw a bobber with a jig on the line : )

smokehound
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Get yourself a worm blower. It will inflate the worm so it floats.

Dont overdo it though, just a little bit of air in a worm will do.

You dont wanna make it look like a sausage unless there are HUGE trout around..

Simple lightweight carolina rig should be enough.

As usual, i recommend stren, its relatively cheap, and doesnt explode in price like the other lines... Its pretty strong for light test! 6 pound stren will certainly handle a big rainbow!

As for bait, its best for you to be prepared with as many different options as possible.

Mealworms, earthworms, powerbait, kastmasters, scents, etc. Tiny tiny pieces of shrimp sometimes work, too.

catfish 17
10-22-2009, 05:26 PM
thanks for the info guys. its REALLY good info. so anyone know any good spot to fish @ corona for trout?

samgann93
10-22-2009, 06:12 PM
thanks for the info guys. its REALLY good info. so anyone know any good spot to fish @ corona for trout?

The water is always a good bet... HAHA. just kidding.

The trout are everywhere in corona. i recomend by the dam.

gridjockey
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
velveeta cheese and marshmellows work really good if your'e on a budget.

pasadenafishin
10-22-2009, 06:23 PM

Go to irvine, anytime after the trout opener, the fishings awesome

Slims
10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
velveeta cheese and marshmellows work really good if your'e on a budget.

I would love to agree with you, but a block of velveeta is more expensive than a jar of powerbait. I do however agree with you on a bag of mallows. 1 dollar and you have bait for a long time.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-26-2009, 11:23 AM
just go and hit it...

by the time you endup going all the trout will be gone untill next stocking if you wait

sierrajack
10-29-2009, 11:31 PM
The best way is to just go and watch what others are doing, most people are willing to help you out if you ask.

taksx
10-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Great thanks for posting that information. I'm new to fishing and was wondering how to set a rig up for power bait. That really helps me out :Cool:.