PDA

View Full Version : 19 blow-ups, chasers, and hook-ups. 2 others landed

cutbait
10-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Did a little scouting last night at some holes we normally don't hit. It was on! Fish were wierd though. Had 2 fish landed at first spot with 10, count em 10 blow-ups/farmed fish on a topwater technique I have been working on.

2nd spot had 4 chasers to my feet. {lighted area}

3rd spot had two slams but no hook-ups

4th spot nothing

5th spot had a nice fish I am guessing 6lbs +/- basically landed, but hook spun out as I was preparing for the "tuna sling".

Fish appeared to be emaciated. Nothing like Gay's, I mean Gary's AV fish. First fish was what should of been a 5lb fish but so skinny probably 3.5-4lb. 25-26 inch fish.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper051.jpg

2nd fish was typical Bako 3.5
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper052.jpg

Flows were perfect!

Going early next week for a "30"fish night. If TB comes or not!

Side note. Wal-mart here is moving locations and had a bunch of stuff at like .50 cents to 2.00 dollars. Picked up like $80 bucks of stuff for $18

There are about 30 of these bucktails left for $1.00 a pack.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Striper054.jpg

kpn
10-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey Mike,
Don't be a farmer bud.......You should landed all those fishes :ROFL:.
Gary & I will be there next week.....Are you & Scott ready for a slay? :Wink:.
Good job out there bud.

KPN.

cutbait
10-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Kahn, come on up. Be forewarned though I am hell-bent on a 30 fish landed night. Want to set some personal bests.

About that farming stuff. I was limited on time and wanted to make numerous stops to locate fish. Actually catching the fish was just a bonus. Scouting has to be done.

fisherman9
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
What kinda top waters do you reccomend? I've never really gone after stripers before, probably gonna go to either Castaic / Pyramid / Skinner.

cutbait
10-22-2009, 01:21 PM
What kinda top waters do you reccomend? I've never really gone after stripers before, probably gonna go to either Castaic / Pyramid / Skinner.

I couldn't recommend anything for those lakes. I just don't have the experience there to recommend anything but the standard Zara spook and KPN topwater. TroutOnly would be your best bet for those lakes. Sorry

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice work out there buddy.....you at least got some ta stick, it's a weird bite I know from the last time I ventured out there...

As for the 30 fish landed night....

So your saying your gonna land only 10 ?

I be able to cover the other 20 fish for the night !

Ha ha ha aha

Those fish are still healthy, nice fish brotha....can't compare one sectors fish to another, theyre just different...don't ask to to explain why, it's just so.....

Stripey duct action rocks ya socks off !

Congrats buddy !
nice work !
Gary

I'd recomend you monitor the last 3-4 weeks of castaic reports, theres much valued info if you digest the reports properly.

I use the KPN topwater mini shad and regular (larger/thicker) topwater KPN shad, zara spooks and flukes, kastmasters, krocodiles, all in that order...

JUST get out there and go for it !

Good luck