PDA

View Full Version : South Lake or Crowley..can't decide

STEVE IN SOCAL
10-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Glad I found this site!
By far the best site for Eastern Sierra trout (my passion).

Heading up to our place in Independence for a 9 day cast-n-blast on the 26th.
I want to take my boat out one day at least. Having trouble deciding on South Lake or Crowley.

Crowley-artificials/barbless, but BIG fish (I'll be using lures/jigs)

South Lake-bait ok, scenic, closer

Which would you choose if you had one day on your boat to fish?

Assuming the boat launch is open at South Lake ???

Trout 1
10-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I would choose South Lake I was up there last month and slayed the browns and alpers. I'm not sure if the launch is still open the best you can do is call. I would fish the inlets with a snot rocket lip ripperz, and if you are fishing with bait go with garlic powerbait but jigs are the best. I going to hit it up one more time this season like the first of Nov.

Good luck :Cool:
looking forward to report and pics.

STEVE IN SOCAL
10-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Leaning towards South Lake, but now the weather may come into play. If it's mid-fifties in Bishop, how cold at South Lake? I'm thinking low forties. Will require the fur lined underlovelies, fer sure...

Trout 1
10-24-2009, 10:35 AM
You never know when the weather will change there, when I was there month it was low 30's at night and high 70's during the day so you never know.

diamondbear
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Plan on fishing BOTH lks. as there not that far apart . Start with Crowley and work your way South to south lk. , this might give you a better idea NEXT year on how you wanna do this same trip . // db

STEVE IN SOCAL
10-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Plan on fishing BOTH lks. as there not that far apart . Start with Crowley and work your way South to south lk. , this might give you a better idea NEXT year on how you wanna do this same trip . // db
I'll be based out of Independence, and that's alot of driving (we're going to take the bikes to PVR one day as well). Both lakes in one day...too much work for me. That's why I need to decide on one or the other.