PDA

View Full Version : My Last Crowley trip for 2009 w/ Pops

Loco
10-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Got some big ones! My pops and I went out and had a blast! 4 and 5.5 pounds on these two! I caught these two back to back. Look at the fins on these guys. Lost track on how many we caught. We were laughing our asses off it was so fun! A lot of 16-18 inch fish,. My best trip of the year! Sorry for the pic quality, but i left my cam in the truck. Glad I had my Blackberry! Both on Mickey Baron's #18 Shaft Fly at Leighton Springs.

I'd like to thank Kent from Trout Fly as well as Mickey for his great fish report and advice.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv51/locojsmizzy/IMG00355.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv51/locojsmizzy/IMG00354.jpg

kaiyasdad
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM
nice trout, i hope to get a few like that this weekend. i too am going up with my dad and buddy mark. is that were you were fishing just off floating shithouse. how deep were you fishing. did you try any streamers? thanks.

Flying
10-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Beautiful trout Loco. You always seem to do well up there.

Whats it like hooking up to a torpedo? I'm only up to about 20" and that's already a hand full in the tube.

troutdog
10-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Those are some BEAUTIFUL fish, what a way to end the season! Congrats to you and your Dad....

TD

MammothMagic
10-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Wow what great looking fish? and on the fly great job. don't forget the camera next time I want to see that fly rod doubled over on those great fish.

billy b
10-21-2009, 10:02 AM
... or can us o.f.'s score trolling or bait&wait? I know that I gotsa learn to ffish...that would be the best action ...

fishinone
10-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Those are some nice fish!

It looks like your trying to handle them gently. Did you release them?

Trout-Slayer77
10-21-2009, 10:50 AM
great looking fish, way to go out there, thanks for the report and pics !!!!

smokinflies
10-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Those are some healthy looking 'bows.

Nice catching father & son.

Loco
10-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Fishinone - Yes, I always catch and release, unless I want a fresh trout for dinner. Crowley trout are very delicious. Right now 18" minimum.

Billy B. - I believe they were getting some fish on the troll. Fly fishing seems to work best here though. Usually midges and streamers although I got into a surface bite in large mayfly imitations one weekend this year. Hit me up next season and I will take you out to learn how to throw the flies. It is pretty easy as we get most fish no more than 20' from the boat. I have gotten some nice trout on Nightcrawlers, but bait is not allowed from Aug. 1st on. I like to baitfish when there are non fly fishers on my boat.

kaiyasdad - Sorry for late reply. Let me know how you did. If it helps we were in 56 degree surface water, 13-15' deep. I anchored up over a lot of marks on the finder at a little 12" drop off. Position is key in this lake and it is an art form. 10' can mean no fish. I usually fish by structure or channels. I didn't have my tube so no streamers, but the float tubes were killin them with Matukas and stuff.

Troutman65
10-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice trout . Thanks for posting up :Cool:

primo55
11-01-2009, 12:01 AM
good catch,nothing like a good day of fishing to close out the season!!

fleaflicker
12-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Mickey Baron is a great guy. Have never met him personally, but I was out on a weeklong trip with my little boat and he made sure to see if I was ok in the wind that came up every afternoon. He saw me fighting the wind on my way back to the marina more than once that week. If I get back up that way, he willl definitely be the guy I fish with up there.