PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake after Thursday Stocking?

troutman3
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Has anyone been fishing at Corona after they stocked it this week? I read what took place at Santa Ana and dont want to waste my time!

Fisherman57
10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Some anglers are just so anxious for trout season to be here, they are hitting the pay lakes as soon as the first load of trout are planted........

For this time of the year at Corona, my advice would be to bring a set up for catfish as well as for trout........ if the trout bite is off..... target the cats.

Once the water cools down and the season rolls further into fall & winter, the bite should be ON at all the pay lakes and all those beautiful trout they are planting this year will soon be pulling hard on your line.

Juventino
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Its still to hot if you want trout go up to the mountains thats where i have been going, but hey u still want try the pay lakes good luck.:LOL:

Poxy Boggards
10-20-2009, 01:44 PM
I'd wait atleast a few more weeks for the water temp to drop, and for a few more stocks to go in before targeting trout at any of the local pay lakes. SARL surface water temps were in the mid 70's last Thursday.

evalrez
10-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I went to Corona Lake yesterday (Irvine was closed :Crying:). It seems to me that the lake is a little low. It was our first time there and so we (my fiance, his uncle and I) tried different spots. Not a single bite for us not even a tug, except for my fiance's uncle who caught a small cat. I will post pics later. So, for my first time there it was pretty disappointing. You should try your luck though, you'll never know.