PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Registration Question

Simplyeman
10-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I really dread walking into DMV along with probably everyone on this forum and in this world so I am hoping someone has the answer for me.

My lease is up before my registration for the car is due. Since my lease is up prior to the registration date does that mean that I don't have to worry about it or does someone need to be notified?

Thank guys

NoHo ART
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
im sure once you return the car they will give you some type of paperwork
stating that you returned your car. keep it handy and when you receive your renewal notice just mark that you no longer have the vehicle and put a copy of the paperwork in there and mail it to the dmv.
that should be more then enough... im sure that the dealer will notify dmv also but that may take a while

Simplyeman
10-19-2009, 01:23 PM
hmm......good point, I guess I'll talk to the dealer regarding the situation once I return the car.

Troutman65
10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Become a AAA member and you will most likely never have to go to the DMV again. :Cool:

lalo56
10-19-2009, 02:06 PM
I really dread walking into DMV along with probably everyone on this forum and in this world so I am hoping someone has the answer for me.

My lease is up before my registration for the car is due. Since my lease is up prior to the registration date does that mean that I don't have to worry about it or does someone need to be notified?

Thank guys

When you return the car, they will give you a form called "Relase of liability" with them signing it, you sign your part and turn it into the DMV. Make sure you make a copy for your records just in case when another person gets the car and gets tickets you have copy releasing you of any liability to the vehicle. Also, you dont have to worry about the registration after turning in the form. I know this because i have done this many times when selling my other cars i have had and trading in my vehicle.

Simplyeman
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
thanks for the info fellas, much appreciated.