PDA

View Full Version : Hooping Oct 18/19 Chaffee Island w/ Limits

bassoff
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
*** Speed report as I am running late for school due to lack of sleep. Will post up more details later tonight ***

Yes, the dates are correct. After talking to Hesbro last night via PM. I had an itch to go drop hoops and try my luck again. Called up my cousin but he didnt want to go but he did say come get the boat. Called up my 2 other friends and off we went.

Stopped by In and Out for a quick meal and had the boat launched by 1130-1145pm. With Fresh Mac, Skipjack and nasty freezer burned YFT. We made the run short run to Chaffee Island, to test our luck.

- 10 hoops with different baits in all of them (mixed the 3 different fish in each hoop).
- Chaffee Island in about 40-50' of water
- Slow pickings all night
- 2-3am we had some big boys in our hoops. Didnt have a scale but they're big

After almost 4-5 hours on the water, we had limits for 3 people. Didnt get home till almost 6am. Took a quick nap, now I gotta run to school.

BIG0FISH
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
good job out there despite the conditions. so did you check which bait they were chewing on?

klocked
10-19-2009, 11:01 AM
nice work but it looks like the P.M. between you and Hesbros just went public:Neutral: probably need to wait in line next time out:Rolls Eyes:

ahhvtec
10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow great work! I don't think I can stay out there til 6am...

bassoff
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
nice work but it looks like the P.M. between you and Hesbros just went public:Neutral: probably need to wait in line next time out:Rolls Eyes:

I am sorry but Hesbros did not give me any locations as I was already hooping there for the past week or so. That place looks like a landing field with all the glow sticks so it is no secret. You can see from the links below that I was there for the past few nights.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=39353
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=39307

Sorry if I am saying too much but it would be good if we can all trade some information amongst each other so that we can learn from each other.

done-it-again
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Nice, good job on the limit.

fish4keep
10-19-2009, 06:38 PM
You already done with your honeymoon????? :???: :???: :EyePop: :EyePop: :Rolls Eyes: :Rolls Eyes: :Wink: J/K....

A well deserve limit.....

HESBROS
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I am sorry but Hesbros did not give me any locations as I was already hooping there for the past week or so. That place looks like a landing field with all the glow sticks so it is no secret. You can see from the links below that I was there for the past few nights.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=39353
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=39307

Sorry if I am saying too much but it would be good if we can all trade some information amongst each other so that we can learn from each other.

Hey now, dont be gettin' sassy with John. He is one one my crew and he is just tryin to help you and us out. I tend to agree with him. Yeah, it is great to think we ALL share information and life is good for all, but the fact is that there are many lurkers that just come read our posts and do not contribute a darn thing. Thats why there is the PM feature. It is good to share, but this way you are sharing with the whole world. It is up to you how you take this and respond, but I think you might find it harder to get tripple limits in the future. No, the place is no secret.

Anyways good job on the limits, you sure you measured the right way? LOL!

bassoff
10-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Let me start out with saying this first. Some of these comments are just my opinion and I hope they do not offend you in anyway. I do not have any ill intent, in any of my responses.

Hey now, dont be gettin' sassy with John. He is one one my crew and he is just tryin to help you and us out. I tend to agree with him.

Hesbro, I wasn’t trying to get "sassy" with your buddy John at all. If John would have asked you what we had discussed in our PM. Then he wouldn’t have made the assumption that I gave your spot away. Why would anyone do that 1st of all, if someone shares a location. I took that kind of offensively.

Yeah, it is great to think we ALL share information and life is good for all, but the fact is that there are many lurkers that just come read our posts and do not contribute a darn thing. Thats why there is the PM feature. It is good to share, but this way you are sharing with the whole world.

I would have to say I agree with you to a certain extent.

I thought a fishing forum was a place where we can talk, swap techniques, share information (bait, locations, etc.) and share suggestions. If lurkers are such a huge problem here than why even post anything. I like to read others post, to see what is happening in certain bodies of water, whether that is salt or fresh. What if it was an individual that genuinely needed help with a certain technique (hooping, bassing, trout fishing, cat fishing, etc.). How about another individual wanting to put his children on some hot action. Sometimes sharing a little information does help others out.

If it was just a post of "Hey I went fishing and look what I caught", that wouldn’t help. I actually feel that those reports are more of an ego thing. How many reports have we seen here with little to no information. Is it because the individual forgot to add certain details because it slipped their mind while typing? Or is it because maybe, just maybe that individual wanted the world to stroke their ego? I’m sorry but ego reports, dont do anyone any good.

Regarding PMing features. I agree it is an awesome feature, to help fight lurkers. Hesbro reading your PM last night. You can agree that there is a lot more to just getting a location and dropping hoops. Some of the techniques you mention (which I will not share out of respect for Hesbro), comes with years of experience. I guess that is why you (Hesbros) come back with limits everytime. Paying attention to little details did help out and I thank you for the tip.

It is up to you how you take this and respond, but I think you might find it harder to get tripple limits in the future. No, the place is no secret.

I take your reply with no ill feelings at all Hesbro. Like I said before thanks for the tips and pointers via PM. I understand your concern and will respect that. I just hope you understand my opinion and have no hard feelings towards them.

Thanks for the kind words, regarding triple limits. Trust me, those lobsters all measured up to the legal measurement. My friend with us last night is in law enforcement. There is no way he is going to let a short lobster, hinder his career if we were to get border or stopped.

klocked
10-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey now, dont be gettin' sassy with John. He is one one my crew and he is just tryin to help you and us out. I tend to agree with him. Yeah, it is great to think we ALL share information and life is good for all, but the fact is that there are many lurkers that just come read our posts and do not contribute a darn thing. Thats why there is the PM feature. It is good to share, but this way you are sharing with the whole world. It is up to you how you take this and respond, but I think you might find it harder to get tripple limits in the future. No, the place is no secret.

I agree Eddie, but he just dont get it......... yet.

mullet
10-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Why post bug reports at all.
No buddy with any sense gives up there spots,
its all just look at me,look what I caught!
Years ago we could fish with as many nets
as you were man enough to pull.

Then at one point f&g said 2 nets apeice.
We all bit##ed.
Then they changed it to 5 apiece 10 a boat.

Now we have bug cards & more restrictions on
the horizon.

The guys that were around when we got cut
to 2 nets apeice weren't posting about bugs
then,they still aren't.
catch your bugs
eat your bugs
keep it under your hat.
Newbs get a clue before its over PLEASE.
Flame me if you want I'm done, as we all will be soon.
Mike

Lobsterboy
10-21-2009, 04:53 PM
What he said.

duytran
10-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Do I smell haters here???? bassoff, please continue to post your report dude.....fk what others say. this is a fishing,lobster,etc forums if you dont like what you see, go somewhere else dont bother to click on the report cuz no way in hell anyone would give you their spot. secret spots? theres no secret, just go find yourself a rock and drop your nets/divers down and you'll get some

dc1
10-21-2009, 11:04 PM
why do lobsters bring out the drama? its only bugs people......

ahhvtec
10-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Crazy, Schaffee still produces huh? As far as secret locations, boys, I have locations some of you would never even think of dropping any hoops but yeah, can't tell ya. If I showed you how we did last night much more drama would be born and then it's no fun to put up reports anymore.

I can't remember the last time I launched out of Davies and not see at least 6 boats all around the island and with glow sticks all over the place. I caught my first 11lb 8oz bug three years ago and the island is still just as pressured today as it was then. Not sure how anyone can even work around all the floats without getting caught up. But you guys are doing well and know what you're doing for sure.

Bassoff, good work btw, secret or not your efforts have paid off. It's all about presentation. Case in point, Hesbros hooped right next to JL and limited while JL got a dozen crab. Like Bass, tide movement is a HUGE factor. Barometric pressure is also a huge factor. Full moon or not has nothing to do with it guys, all a myth. The light from the moon is nowhere near powerful enough to even reach 20 feet of water. Anothe hint would be that where Calicos hang out, this is where bugs hang out. Sandies don't follow the same rule. If you hoop and get spider crab consistently, move your stuff. Spider crab and bugs don't like to hang out together. Crab are territorial I believe while bugs are not and are community animals.

Have fun and be safe!

If I said too much, feel free to pm me and I will edit or mods can move or kil. I know how frustrating this process can be. I used to hoop alot prior to diving. You can search back to reports dating back to 2006.

HESBROS
10-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Crazy, Schaffee still produces huh? As far as secret locations, boys, I have locations some of you would never even think of dropping any hoops but yeah, can't tell ya. If I showed you how we did last night much more drama would be born and then it's no fun to put up reports anymore.

I can't remember the last time I launched out of Davies and not see at least 6 boats all around the island and with glow sticks all over the place. I caught my first 11lb 8oz bug three years ago and the island is still just as pressured today as it was then. Not sure how anyone can even work around all the floats without getting caught up. But you guys are doing well and know what you're doing for sure.

Bassoff, good work btw, secret or not your efforts have paid off. It's all about presentation. Case in point, Hesbros hooped right next to JL and limited while JL got a dozen crab. Like Bass, tide movement is a HUGE factor. Barometric pressure is also a huge factor. Full moon or not has nothing to do with it guys, all a myth. The light from the moon is nowhere near powerful enough to even reach 20 feet of water. Anothe hint would be that where Calicos hang out, this is where bugs hang out. Sandies don't follow the same rule. If you hoop and get spider crab consistently, move your stuff. Spider crab and bugs don't like to hang out together. Crab are territorial I believe while bugs are not and are community animals.

Have fun and be safe!

If I said too much, feel free to pm me and I will edit or mods can move or kil. I know how frustrating this process can be. I used to hoop alot prior to diving. You can search back to reports dating back to 2006.

Dammit Duc, you let te cat out of the bag:LOL:

BIG0FISH
10-22-2009, 01:29 PM
do i smell haters here???? Bassoff, please continue to post your report dude.....fk what others say. This is a fishing,lobster,etc forums if you dont like what you see, go somewhere else dont bother to click on the report cuz no way in hell anyone would give you their spot. Secret spots? Theres no secret, just go find yourself a rock and drop your nets/divers down and you'll get some

i agree 100%

BIG0FISH
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
crazy, schaffee still produces huh? As far as secret locations, boys, i have locations some of you would never even think of dropping any hoops but yeah, can't tell ya. If i showed you how we did last night much more drama would be born and then it's no fun to put up reports anymore.

I can't remember the last time i launched out of davies and not see at least 6 boats all around the island and with glow sticks all over the place. I caught my first 11lb 8oz bug three years ago and the island is still just as pressured today as it was then. Not sure how anyone can even work around all the floats without getting caught up. But you guys are doing well and know what you're doing for sure.

Bassoff, good work btw, secret or not your efforts have paid off. It's all about presentation. Case in point, hesbros hooped right next to jl and limited while jl got a dozen crab. Like bass, tide movement is a huge factor. Barometric pressure is also a huge factor. Full moon or not has nothing to do with it guys, all a myth. The light from the moon is nowhere near powerful enough to even reach 20 feet of water. Anothe hint would be that where calicos hang out, this is where bugs hang out. Sandies don't follow the same rule. If you hoop and get spider crab consistently, move your stuff. Spider crab and bugs don't like to hang out together. Crab are territorial i believe while bugs are not and are community animals.

Have fun and be safe!

If i said too much, feel free to pm me and i will edit or mods can move or kil. I know how frustrating this process can be. I used to hoop alot prior to diving. You can search back to reports dating back to 2006.

duc, i know your secret spot. Lol. You and duy left 1 too many hints. :)

BIG0FISH
10-22-2009, 01:38 PM
why do lobsters bring out the drama? Its only bugs people......

ur right but its just that some people are way too protective about their spots but understandable. We're all different which makes everything intresting.

HESBROS
10-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Do I smell haters here???? bassoff, please continue to post your report dude.....fk what others say. this is a fishing,lobster,etc forums if you dont like what you see, go somewhere else dont bother to click on the report cuz no way in hell anyone would give you their spot. secret spots? theres no secret, just go find yourself a rock and drop your nets/divers down and you'll get some

Ok, this has nothng to do with haters. And everyone knows that there are not too many secret spots in LB. But there are spots that not a whole lot of people hoop or dive at, not that this thread has anything to do with that. The point is that some places produce and some places dont. When you tell the world that a certain place is producing, it wont be long that it is not. If I were a hater, I certainly would not have gave JL or Bassoff any kind of advice or for that matter any others that have ever asked me questions. But since I have been given advice from others on this board I will do the same.