PDA

View Full Version : san clemente

fisherman from long beach
10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
one of my co worker offered up his spot to go on private boat out to san clemente,there was 7of us and the capt of the boat.he stopped by and got dines thats all they had.off we went 2hr ride to the island and calm as could be,we started to get some action on the bonita and some calicos dinks.i was workin the bottom i didnt was bonita or bass i was huntin the butts,i was soakin a sardine,so i decided to tighten my line just a little and bam fish on,one solid run drag peelin,and then steady dead weight ,draggin him up i look over and see dark brown and the white bottom,i have my halibut gaffed him and threw him in the ice chest.so now i have both jackpots first keeper and biggest fish,then my cousin gets on a yellow tale he catches it with my new rod, crucial with 12 lb test,the pole is a bad ***,he gets wrapped up in the kelp and brings kelp and fish in together(did imention it was on 12lb test) so he took the jackpot for 5mins.then my coworker got on ,and he wins jackpot with 36inch butt,my ran 32inches.great day on this private boat,bloody marys,gentle man jack,all the coronas and coors light you can handle ,capt served cold cuts,all for free .the greatest fishing day for me by far for sure,hope i get invited again.my computer is acting up so i cant post pics,as soon as i fix computer i will post for sure,im using company computer so got to run,fisherman from long beach.

BIG0FISH
10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
sounds like you guys had a great time out there. i wish i have a bigger boat to go offshore.

Ricky-Ray
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Sounds like it was a fun day for sure. Can't wait to see some pics.