PDA

View Full Version : Trout Season

Hate2Fish
10-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Here in Southern California the water too gosh darned warm. Every year it is the same old thing--stockers are easy prey for nets along the shoreline because the water temps are WRONG.

Me. I like going trout fishing when the weather is dreadful 20-30 temps with rain or snow freezing my hinney off. You'll find a old fool using a ultra lit throwing a Super Duper, when others stay inside & damned near frozen to death

Hint hint: Stockers think they're getting fed when raindrops hit the surface.

I view Power Bait as a commerical hype. If everyone is using PB, the trout will have to eat something. Fishermen used other baits before this joke bait

Hate2Fish
10-19-2009, 12:59 AM
If you didn't have Power Bait what would you do friends?

jig fish
10-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Jigs and crawlers is all I like to use

poolman1
10-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Great!! Your an old guy that doesn't use powerbait. This was a very useful report.

castlekid
10-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Is this guy a purist or what. People have been using whatever to catch fish forever. And your point is...

OKTubin
10-19-2009, 07:24 AM
I think he's calling you all mainstream puthies.

Simplyeman
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Sounds like you need to learn how to flyfish.

Trout 1
10-19-2009, 10:59 AM
PB is okay but jigs, lures, and worms work best I think.

troutdog
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Zekes and velveeta fo life :Wink:

TD

jrockn
10-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I like to use night crawler, tomas boynt, and rooster tail. Its a lot more fun and less of a stinky mess!

smalweld
10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Sounds like you need to learn how to flyfish.

yup nothing like using fur, feathers and a hook to catch fish..

Troutslayer620
10-19-2009, 04:25 PM
As like anything else in life, the times change and so does the fish! Back in the day we used to mix up velvetta cheese and crush fresh garlic and try to make a formula that would stay on the hook long enough to catch fish. Yes it did work, but companies like Berkley perfected the formula that does work! It is much cheeper to buy it already made and less of a mess. Go with the times, it used correctly, that Powerbait stuff does work, very good by the way, same as power worms and the new techniques used today by pros like Marlon Meade. Just roll with the times, stop complaining and just fish! :Cool:

BIGRED KILLA
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
They are stalked trout they will hit anything.

Bigred

troutdog
10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
They are stalked trout they will hit anything.

Bigred

Most stocked trout will hit anything, but not all "stalked" trout are as easy to catch Lucas :Wink:

TD

fishinone
10-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Here in Southern California the water too gosh darned warm. Every year it is the same old thing--stockers are easy prey for nets along the shoreline because the water temps are WRONG.

Me. I like going trout fishing when the weather is dreadful 20-30 temps with rain or snow freezing my hinney off. You'll find a old fool using a ultra lit throwing a Super Duper, when others stay inside & damned near frozen to death

Hint hint: Stockers think they're getting fed when raindrops hit the surface.

I view Power Bait as a commerical hype. If everyone is using PB, the trout will have to eat something. Fishermen used other baits before this joke bait

Stockers think they are being fed when pebbles hit the water too!:Secret:

fishfinder
10-19-2009, 05:03 PM
how about using the pellets they feed them at the hatchery?

pasadenafishin
10-19-2009, 06:10 PM
how about using the pellets they feed them at the hatchery?

google powerbait hatchery chews

fishfinder
10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
google powerbait hatchery chews

have you ever tried these? i got some pellets from the hatchery over the weekend, was trying to figure out a way to utilize them best

pasadenafishin
10-19-2009, 07:17 PM
have you ever tried these? i got some pellets from the hatchery over the weekend, was trying to figure out a way to utilize them best

ive never used them, but i just bought a bag to try out at the irvine opener... im going to have a rod out with them and i will write a review on them in the tackle section of the forum.

Ya, its funny that you dont see more people fishing with the hatchery pellets (purina trout chow).. i was fishing in massachusetts once and an old man told me that it was the best bait ever, better than powerbait. i am not sure how well they stay on a hook though.

fishfinder
10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
ive never used them, but i just bought a bag to try out at the irvine opener... im going to have a rod out with them and i will write a review on them in the tackle section of the forum.

Ya, its funny that you dont see more people fishing with the hatchery pellets (purina trout chow).. i was fishing in massachusetts once and an old man told me that it was the best bait ever, better than powerbait. i am not sure how well they stay on a hook though.

i was thinking of putting on powerbait and stuff one in it.

GET DA NET
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM

try crushing the pellet and mix it with the PB.....

pasadenafishin
10-19-2009, 07:39 PM

yes, i was thinking about that... my idea is to fish it with a water bubble about 2 feet above the hook, this will make it fall slowly through the water (much like how the feed would fall through the water during feeding i would assume)

Troutslayer620
10-20-2009, 01:07 AM

Powerbait makes a version of it, they are called Hatchery pellets, i tried them, they don't work!

That Dang Guy
10-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I hate haters.

<3 Self-loathing.

Troutman65
10-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I love Trout Fishing :Big Grin: