PDA

View Full Version : Havasu/needles still too hot

FiFTyONeFlSHY
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Hit Havasu channel this weekend fly lining cut anchovies hoping to land at least a decent striper w no luck. ended up c/r over 30 dinks. fly lining lining produced more than the c-rig . just dinks. got to the channel at 11pm fished til 8am plus d 4.5hour drive. :Twisted:
The next day stop by needles to try our luck on d river. my buddies and I hit this spot called Jack something park, i'm sure its not hard to find in needles. posted up at a beach clearing area on d right of an abandoned looking boat dock/launch and found some better action. lots of nibbles probably crawfish or maybe d beavers which stopped by a few times to let us know whos territory we were invading. those things are pretty big. ultimately I landed three stripers 1.5-2lbers and one channel cat about 2lbs, my buddy landed two nice cats 2-3lbers(channel), w my other buddy catching a cold:Big Grin: got to to the park by 7pm left at 11pm. .
NO PICS of this trip but imma throw a pix in here from last year. (my first report gotta have a pix) ahaha