PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 10/18

Fire Ball
10-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I arrived at the lagoon around 6:30 am and started walking to my normal spot with the people I took along with me. After I rigged up my own own gear, my brother had already caught a decent LMB, but it threw the hook when he got it on shore, so I didn't get a look at it. I thought we were going to have a good day at this point. Then after about 15 minutes, I caught tiny LMB, which was the smallest one I have ever caught! I don't even know how it got hooked! About 30 minutes later, my friend hooked a small LMB. That was the last fish we would end up catching today. A little after that, some kids starting slowly encroaching on our area, which we didn't see as a big deal because they weren't so close at first, but after a little bit they were IN our spot! It was too late to tell them to get lost because they had been there a little while and they starting get annoying by slowly taking up more and more room. At this point, we had only seen 5 bluegill (big ones) in the entire lake, but there should have been a LOT more like we saw and caught last week. I think there weren't any bluegill around because of either the heat, the low water level, or the increasing amount of weeds almost completely covering the area we fished the week before. Worst day I have had at the lagoon in a long time. The water level has decreased so much for just one week and the amount of weeds increase way too much in only a week. Anyone else have any luck today?

Simplyeman
10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
the water level has gone down BIG TIME, not exactly sure why. It's gotten so low that they started planting dead plants where the water has recited in some areas. I noticed the large amounts of weeds to, it's running real thick.

Fire Ball
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
the water level has gone down BIG TIME, not exactly sure why. It's gotten so low that they started planting dead plants where the water has recited in some areas. I noticed the large amounts of weeds to, it's running real thick.

The weeds are unbelievable. I saw those dead plants and things that they planted out past the pier, but they also cut down a ton of other vegetation! The water level is depressing!

Panfish Junior
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
You'll get them next time. Thanks for sharing!

Simplyeman
10-19-2009, 09:38 PM
The weeds are unbelievable. I saw those dead plants and things that they planted out past the pier, but they also cut down a ton of other vegetation! The water level is depressing!

A positive thought would be they have less places to hide:Twisted:

Juventino
10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
haha yeah i guess soo maybe easier to catch trout in there on the tube, that would be fun and worth the drive.

Owner626
10-22-2009, 02:30 PM
fly line senko.

Drop shot a 6 inch robo worm.

t rig senkos

spit shot a straight tail

SWIM BAITS !

good luck!

owner626

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM
trout stocked tuesday.....trout swimbaits...my 2 cents !

Fire Ball
10-22-2009, 10:00 PM
trout stocked tuesday.....trout swimbaits...my 2 cents !

Nice! Who told you it was Tuesday? I thought no one knew and they just stock it a random day.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Nice! Who told you it was Tuesday? I thought no one knew and they just stock it a random day.you'll never know, I went there for my lunch break and I found out they stocked it that morning

Fire Ball
10-23-2009, 10:40 AM
you'll never know, I went there for my lunch break and I found out they stocked it that morning

Nice. Is it easy to catch trout from shore or a tube? What should I use?

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Nice. Is it easy to catch trout from shore or a tube? What should I use?
FORGET ABOUT THE TROUT....leave them there for chum......go for the BASS !

Fire Ball
10-23-2009, 10:50 AM
FORGET ABOUT THE TROUT....leave them there for chum......go for the BASS !

Alright, lol. Are the big bass going to be feeding like crazy because of all the trout snacks?