PDA

View Full Version : Striper-er smallie fest w/Capt'n

CAPT'N
10-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi all,

first and foremost a heartfelt thanks to T/O, Grayfellthyselfsteel, and Hiro for putting on what will surly become an annual event. You all worked hard and it showed!

Now down to the fishing, I had my son Fishyboy, and Emillio on the Fishytoy and we were geared to draw blood. On the water just after 7 and off to a few coves that had been producing well in the AM.

We saw few boils, but the fish were there none the less. Saw the bloodletting team of Gary and Hiro, and Gordy and his dad in the same area. Kudos to Gary as he stuck 2 nice fish back to back within minutes.

I think I had some bad Mojo as we were 0 for 0 when we left the cove. We hit all the usual spots in the fish arm, and the ski arm. Trolled near Tony, Ray, Alan, Bill as they had a consistent pick on fish, but was had zip...

We finally had first blood on board but it was a mossback.............

Then another this time the right kind of stripes on the fish.............

Then it happened; we were trolling in the fish arm when the clicker went a buzzing, it was my turn at the rod, so I reeled in what felt like a decent size schoolie. Dam it was green, an LMB, nooooooooooooo A Smallie !
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCF5586.jpg
My first Castaic smallie !

We continued to troll, look for boils, troll from ski arm to fish arm and back. It was a long trying day, but what made it all OK was the company, and camaraderie on the boat.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCF5588_4.jpg

Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to the lake:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCF5587_3.jpg

Later at campground #3 we set up lights, generator, and out came the raffle prizes. It was like being in the candy isle at the drug store. Great donations by everyone!

Soon the raffle took place, my son and I picked. I chose Garys Striper First Aid Kit.
]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCF5592.jpg[/I

Now that I have Gary's secrets, I am ready for next year !
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/schiffmans/DSCF3625.jpg
Nice to see everyone!

Capt'n

Ray Lopez
10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
good seeing ya out there Capt.

tough luck on the slow fishing for ya.

but hey you plunked the very much praised Castaic Small mouth.

not many people can say they have done that so that in itself is a great memory

and boy was it tasty too....lol

FINSMACKDOWN
10-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Good to see ya again Scott and Arthur. nice job on the Smallie, dont see that often.

trail blazer
10-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Nice smally cptn!!!!!!!,,,,sure was a great day for all of us,,GREAT MEETING YOU ALSO,,,,,,WTG out there,,,,,,see ya next time

Lipripper93561
10-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Good job out there, my wife and I had a blast out there too. The group of of guys as gals was amazing and I can't wait to do it again.

cutbait
10-18-2009, 02:45 PM
good to meet you and congrats on the smallie

Native Gal
10-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Capt'n
Congrats on the Castaic Smallie, thanks for the Striper fest info looked like tons of fun.

Native Gal
:Envious:

kpn
10-19-2009, 12:02 PM
It was nice to see you two again Scott and Arthur. It was a great event. Congrats on the Castaic Smallie.

KPN.

fishinone
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
It was nice meeting you out there.

What did you catch that smallie on?

I want to try to catch some of those.

DEADROOTS
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
It was nice to see you out there Scott! Congrats on the Castaic smallie. I cant wait to get one my self. Till next time...

Tight lines,
DEADROOTS

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice job on the feesh, it proved to be a challenging day but there were certainly fair oportunities.

What a great time out there, nice talking to you guys after the event.
And congrats on the striper kit

I'm not sure if many knew about this but within that striper first aid kit I built (U need to post another pic- we cant see it !) I included a voucher for a Striper trip with me, You'll need to cash in that voucher sooner than later...plus, hopefully we can get fishyboy going on dem topwater fishies as well.

Nice report, good times, good fishing,
Gary

CAPT'N
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
The smallie was caught on a white buck-tail from an umbrella rig, as it was not our target species :Rolls Eyes:

Gary, can not thank you, and Hiro enough. The day was really a great time on the water. The night was a whole lotta fun as well.

Seeing you stick those two nice linesides in the AM was pretty dam cool!

I will take you up on the trip, how about the November 1???

I will post better pics of the "KIT" in the AM.

Capt'n

russ88
10-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Cool smallie Capt'n!!! Nice to see you and fishyboy out there. The fishing was brutal for me but the after party more than made up for it.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Gary, can not thank you, and Hiro enough. The day was really a great time on the water. The night was a whole lotta fun as well.

Seeing you stick those two nice linesides in the AM was pretty dam cool!

I will take you up on the trip, how about the November 1???

I will post better pics of the "KIT" in the AM.

Capt'n
Not sure how many of you noticed this but I had a "voucher" good for 1 striper fishing trip with me within my striper 1st aid kit.

Scott picked that kit....so...

November 1st it is !

Works out well cause I am running a Red Cross blood drive on november 2nd at my work so that will give me a warm up with the bloodletting's !!!

Ha ha ha

Your very welcome regarding the event, it was much fun, cannot wait for the next : )