PDA

View Full Version : 10LB Monster Bass @ Lake Skinner W/ Basstaxi

kenmac33
10-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Met up with my friends this morning to do some fishing at Lake Skinner. We've been fishing the lake pretty much everyday for at least the last 2 weeks. This past week has just been some incredible bass fishing. It seems that one of us has managed to catch a BIG one each of these days and today was no different. Our buddy Jeff, Was the lucky one today with a Beautiful Bass that weighed in at TEN (10)pounds even! Now Jeff, as I mentioned in an earlier post, is pretty new to bass fishing but I can tell you this, He fought that thing like a "Seasoned Pro". Awesome job Jeff! After a quick photo op, and weigh in at the marina dock, she was released safely to fight another day!
So there's a couple of techniques that are REALLY working right now and here's what's been working for us. The drop-shot, If you want to catch Large numbers of fish, throw this rig, Color didn't seem to matter too much For us, the size of the bait was the key. (take note of what the size of the bait that's swimming around is.)
The Swimbait Bite is pretty good and getting better, you won't get the numbers of fish on it but they're always a much better quality fish. When they are on it, ANYTHING can happen! Today they were on it.
The scrounger, anyone who fishes this rig will agree, "It Flat Out Catches Fish!" I fished it yesterday with my son and I got 8 fish between 9am and 11:30am. nothing real big, but one was just under 5lbs.
The Senko, They are definitely still biting it. You could throw that rig every day of the year here and I'm certain you will catch fish every day.
So, there it is, this is what works for me and if you give it a try I'm certain it will work for you as well. I'm not gonna give up the spots, but that part is really the easiest part of it all. Just get out there and fish and better yet, teach a kid how to fish! Good luck and thanks for reading. ken

fishntime
10-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Killer report, Ill be out there on Thursday trying to nail some largies. Thanks for the info.

Fire Ball
10-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Very nice bass. I have yet to catch a big bass! I am so jelous. I am going to try drop shotting tomorrow at the Castaic Lagoon from shore. What size drop shot hook do you recommend for a 6 in Roboworm? I already have size 2 drop shot hooks or they might actually be octopus hooks that I used for something else, will those work? I also have size 4 or 6 drop shot hooks, but those are too small.

kenmac33
10-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Killer report, Ill be out there on Thursday trying to nail some largies. Thanks for the info.

Thanks bro, I'll look for you on thursday out there.

to "Fire ball" My preference on the hook size would be a #2 straight shank "re-barb" worm hook. I use it on the 4inch and the 6inch.

BuzzBait
10-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Great Job! :Thumbs Up: Nice Fish!

Bluegill
10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
great job guys, on the LMB:Smile:

Bluegill

INDOANGLER2.1
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for sharing your baits, not many guys are willing to give away thier personal succesful choices. Those are my favorites as well. Never fished that lake but maybe its time. Great job out there especially your buddy thats new to bass fishing and nailing a DD, awesome. Thanks for the report.

RedKnight
10-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Nice fish man...

Santa Fe Eric
10-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Awesome report! I'm not a Bass Fisherman, but I feel like I could go ot and catch one right now with these tips. You are cool!

samgann93
10-22-2009, 06:10 PM
nice fish. skinner has a lot of fattie bass

Lightning
10-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Really nice photos & report.Thanks.Is this lake very fiashable from shore (Bass),or do you really need a boat?

kenmac33
10-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Skinner has lots of shore access and you can get to the good parts on foot but a boat is just a whole lot easier altogether.

CASTAWAY
10-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Nice!!!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-23-2009, 10:38 AM
sweet toad.....congrats...

Nice work : )
Gary

kenmac33
10-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks again for the kind words guys, gonna try to get out there again in the morning and hopefully they are up again! have a Great evening....

http://www.basstaxi.com/blog/
951-634-7499- for the Basstaxi boat rental service

Big Ed
10-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Excellent report Ken;

Thanks for letting everybody know what is going on.

Later; Big Ed!