PDA

View Full Version : How do you preserve your lobsters?

skimstr
10-17-2009, 05:26 PM
For those of you that return home at 3am and dont want to cook your catch until the next day...what is the best way to preserve them? Can you just stick them in the fridge?

BIGRED KILLA
10-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I put em in the sink or bucket with a damp towel over them make sure they are not up side down. They should last for a while like that i also clip them and vacum pack em that same night. If they are dead i clean them asap.

bigred

Granny Fish
10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
They last fine in the frige overnight (but only if they are alive).

Troutman65
10-17-2009, 06:01 PM
I have never hooped for Lobster but why can't you cut the tail off and bag it and freeze it ?

fisherman from long beach
10-19-2009, 07:51 AM
I have never hooped for Lobster but why can't you cut the tail off and bag it and freeze it ?you can do this but you alot of meat in the head area, what i did is just put it in the freezer.

done-it-again
10-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I keep them in the bait tank till I wake up the next morning. Then I put them in a big roasting pan and lay towels that have been dipped in sea water over them and store them in the fridge for day... Then I'll decide what to do with them.

JL
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Kept ours from Last night in a cooler with sea water until this morning. We took off the tail this morning and wrapped it in sara wrap and placed it on a try of ice in the Fridge. If we were not using it tonight we would wrap it again in Freezer paper and freeze it as is.