PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 10/17/09

Lt25
10-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Finally convinced the wife to let me go fishing!! So my buddies and I got to Lake Skinner around 6:35am. We threw out anchovies, wax worms and night crawlers but none were biting. I did managed to hook up with a LMB but got off right when it got near the shore so I was kind of bummed. Around 9am, we decided to try our luck and rented a boat. Sorry guys, not too familiar with the lake but went to the corner of where the buoys were (close by the dam) and fished the shallow waters under the trees. We were using anchovies again along with some swimbaits and no bites. We were pretty close by the shore in the boat and a coyote walked by. We were probably about 10 yards from it so it was a pretty cool site. Anyway, my wife had bought me that 006 Banjo Minnow so I thought I would try it out. First cast and BAM!! hit the bait so hard it threw it out of the water. Out of the three of us, I was the only one catching fish. I caught 4 bass on 4 consecutive cast!! All ranged around 1-3 lbs but it was nice.. So I am for it! Go Banjo Minnow!! anyway, ended up with 4 fish (all released of course!) and headed home.. It was a fun day.

Bluegill
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
great job on the LMB...
Skinner was pretty much dead today....I caught most of my fish early morning then just 1or 2 here and there.

Bluegill