PDA

View Full Version : Pro Gear Reel....

murrieta angler
10-17-2009, 11:32 AM
A buddy told me about a reel for sale, he said it is a Pro Gear 30 or 40, Is this a good reel for the tuna and also how well does it cast out?
Any info would be of help.

Oh, his buddy is asking $150 for it!?!

Ricky-Ray
10-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I've never used Pro Gear reels before, but from what I hear it's good, however if you don't know yet, they are out of business.

IMO there are other reels out there for about the same price that will do the same job and the company is still in business.

Nessie Hunter
10-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I think thats a Lever drag???

Excellent made, Quality reels. Think Avet & Accurate Reels.

They are going for $350 on Ebay..
If you dont want it,, Hook me up!!!!

Oz
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
pro gear reels are good. i used 1 b4 when YT fishing a couple years back. pulled the YT in with ease. but like said they are out of biz. so if u have probs with the reel u kinda SOL.

samgann93
10-18-2009, 07:15 PM
pick up a daiwa saltist 30T. better reel IMO.

tenderloin
10-18-2009, 10:08 PM
If it is one of these and in good shape BUY IT! If not I'm right behind Nessie

http://www.progearreelsllc.com/thereels.html

GeordyBass
10-18-2009, 11:26 PM
get it... those reels are awesome a buddy of mine had an oceanus and I regret not buying it off of him for about the same price..... I also have a Pro-Gear Pacifica 3000 which is and awesome reel.... haven't used it for big game fishing yet but it was pretty smooth and drag was strong. I also love the handle w/ 50lb Jerry Brown and 40lb Blackwater Leader..... Have it paired with a 700M Graphiter.....

murrieta angler
10-20-2009, 07:36 AM
I've never used Pro Gear reels before, but from what I hear it's good, however if you don't know yet, they are out of business.

IMO there are other reels out there for about the same price that will do the same job and the company is still in business.

That explains why I cant find a website for them. Thank You

murrieta angler
10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
I think thats a Lever drag???

Excellent made, Quality reels. Think Avet & Accurate Reels.

They are going for $350 on Ebay..
If you dont want it,, Hook me up!!!!

Let me talk to my buddy again and see if it is the Oceanus or not and let you know.

murrieta angler
10-20-2009, 07:38 AM
pro gear reels are good. i used 1 b4 when YT fishing a couple years back. pulled the YT in with ease. but like said they are out of biz. so if u have probs with the reel u kinda SOL.

I see what you are saying. It would suck to buy it and it break down. The one thing is, the guy never used it and is still in the box.

murrieta angler
10-20-2009, 07:39 AM
pick up a daiwa saltist 30T. better reel IMO.

But can I buy it for $150..:Smile:

murrieta angler
10-20-2009, 07:40 AM
If it is one of these and in good shape BUY IT! If not I'm right behind Nessie

http://www.progearreelsllc.com/thereels.html

Pefect post! This is exacxtly what I was looking for but couldn't find on the internet..Thanks

murrieta angler
10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
get it... those reels are awesome a buddy of mine had an oceanus and I regret not buying it off of him for about the same price..... I also have a Pro-Gear Pacifica 3000 which is and awesome reel.... haven't used it for big game fishing yet but it was pretty smooth and drag was strong. I also love the handle w/ 50lb Jerry Brown and 40lb Blackwater Leader..... Have it paired with a 700M Graphiter.....

Yeah, I've been wanting a decent reel to cast out the irons for YFT, Yellowtail, etc...Thanks for the input..:Smile:

Ricky-Ray
10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I see what you are saying. It would suck to buy it and it break down. The one thing is, the guy never used it and is still in the box.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it ever needs service I would send the reel to Alan Tani. IMO the best reel repair guy around. http://alantani.com/index.php

murrieta angler
10-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it ever needs service I would send the reel to Alan Tani. IMO the best reel repair guy around. http://alantani.com/index.php

Added to favorites. Thanks again Ricky Ray...:Big Grin:

sesgia
10-21-2009, 12:26 AM
pro gear are good reel but hard to find them the company is still around but there not really into fishing now but more into medical supplies now. i heard that there fishing department is targeting the ASIA market instead of the us
your should check out there reel call blue heaven