PDA

View Full Version : LB Limits 10/15

HESBROS
10-16-2009, 02:34 PM
The Bro and I decided to get out in the nice weather for some hooping so we met up with John (Klocked) at Davies in LB about 1500. In short order we were on the water and out at our spot, the wind was up and it was kinda choppy. No Big deal though. At about 1600 we noticed other boats starting to gather for an evening of hooping too, so we decided to drop our gear on the spot at 1630, as we were dropping them, with no bait John suggested we drop some with bait, what the heck who knows right?
We at 1730 we decided it was time to pull the gear and bait it all and set it where we really wanted it. On the second net my bro was saying it was heavy and had alot of drag as if there was a rippin current. I thought great, thats what we need. Then it came up and to our surprise it had two lobsters, one legal and one short.

Here is the legal! (Thanks for sending the pic John)
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/Richandbigbug.jpg

The pic was taken later in the night. For those that dont know, Jonn is a big guy! The bug weighed in at 11 lbs on the digi scale.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1815.jpg

Big male
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1816.jpg

Next to a average legal.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1818.jpg

We stayed at from dark till about 0130 when we pulled legal number 21 and were done. We had to makesome moves with changing conditions but we got it done.

This is part of loot!
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1821.jpg

Thanks again John for all the hard work and your idea certainly paid off!

Late!
Eddie

flyngby
10-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the call!!!!!!!!!:Beat Stick:
We might have have been able to get 4 Limits!!! :Guns:
I do have a Card you know and am willing to pull all night!!!!!!!!!!:Angry:

Well that would have worked if I was able to get some time off. :Rolls Eyes:

Maybe this week if I am still wellcome aboard the HESBROS???:ROFL:

Great job all!!!! Look forward to my first session of the season! Hopefully I can relieve you at the wheel without making to many U-Turns!!!:EyePop:

Steve

Wildhorse1966
10-16-2009, 10:01 PM
nice job out there! did you say limits for 2 or 3 ? cuz the pics only showed 13 bugs

either way good to see you guys back out on the water slaying the bugs

HESBROS
10-17-2009, 06:50 AM
It was 21, limits for three! I took the pick as were counting them and putting them back in the tank!

ahhvtec
10-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Congrats! JL was hooping in the exact same area from 5:30 to 1:30am and got 10 crab, not even one short and you guys got 3 limits, amazing! What were you guys using for bait crack? LOL.

Wildhorse1966
10-17-2009, 12:33 PM
It was 21, limits for three! I took the pick as were counting them and putting them back in the tank!

nice .. i thought you just mistyped

diamondbear
10-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your MONSTER BUG , really good hoopin again guys . I enjoy reading your posts .

HESBROS
10-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Congrats! JL was hooping in the exact same area from 5:30 to 1:30am and got 10 crab, not even one short and you guys got 3 limits, amazing! What were you guys using for bait crack? LOL.

Yeah, they were just outside of us, if I knew it was them, oor they knew it was us we could have shared some info!

Yes you are right, we are using Skip Crack!

I tried calling you on the radio Duc, but I guess you were already done.

ahhvtec
10-17-2009, 05:36 PM
I tried calling you on the radio Duc, but I guess you were already done.
Most likely. Nice work

bassoff
10-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey were you out in LB last night? And Had two older boys and your wife? You were setting gear close to ours? (Green glow sticks) in the water jug? White Walk Aroud Cuddy with a big 47 on the side? If it was you we tried to motor over and talk to you before you zoomed off towards South Shores?

Wow... You boys did very well!!! We were out there also at Chaffee Island in a little 16' skiff and saw both you and JL. But like JL, me and my cousin didnt do so well. We were there from 7pm to almost midnight. Had a couple of shorts (3-4) and about a dozen spider crabs. Nothing like what you guys got, jesus christ. If I knew it was you guys, I would have asked for some advice. Maybe next time

klocked
10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Wow... You boys did very well!!! We were out there also at Chaffee Island in a little 16' skiff and saw both you and JL. But like JL, me and my cousin didnt do so well. We were there from 7pm to almost midnight. Had a couple of shorts (3-4) and about a dozen spider crabs. Nothing like what you guys got, jesus christ. If I knew it was you guys, I would have asked for some advice. Maybe next time

Chaffee was ok. We hit other spots too though and that helped:Wink:

HESBROS
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM

Dont know if I remember seeing the Skiff or not, three days out there all run together. Persistance pays off, that is all I can say. Oh, and dont play follow the leader (your leader may not be catching either), explore your own spots and try diffirent things if you are not catching, such changing depths, changing the bait out, etc. Dont be afraid to come talk to us, all the FNNers are welcome.