PDA

View Full Version : you got truck? I got boat! for striperfest

CRESTLINER16
10-16-2009, 12:37 AM
I'd like to make the striper fest this saturday but don't have a vehicle to tow my 16 foot crestliner this week. I'm all rigged to troll. dying to try out some tips from Bob.
if you want to get on and have a vehicle that tows, maybe we can hit it together. Ideally if you know how to fish Castaic it's even better. I'm in Pasadena and my boat is stored in Monrovia.

Byron

Troutman65
10-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I am sure my 09 Toyota Tacoma would pull it. I need a reciver for my hitch. I really got to get around and doing that one day so I could help another fisherman out.:LOL::Wink: Good luck. Hope you slay the Linesides !!!

cappo
10-16-2009, 09:05 AM
dam tempting, i just need a reciever also.

CRESTLINER16
10-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I am sure my 09 Toyota Tacoma would pull it. I need a reciver for my hitch. I really got to get around and doing that one day so I could help another fisherman out.:LOL::Wink: Good luck. Hope you slay the Linesides !!!

by reciver do yu mean the thing with the ball? I have that. The electrical connector is a flat 4 pin type. not sure what you have. send me an email if you have that and are interested in going tomorrow.
my email is byronleedesign@mac.com

lalo56
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I would love to do that but the bad part is, i have made plans already. Good luck!

fishinone
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM

I've got a Tacoma. The bumper on mine has a hole for the ball covered with a plastic plug. The load rating is lower for the bumper than for a receiver hitch but it should tow an aluminum boat. Check it out in your owners manual.

lalo56
10-16-2009, 09:28 AM
by reciver do yu mean the thing with the ball? I have that. The electrical connector is a flat 4 pin type. not sure what you have. send me an email if you have that and are interested in going tomorrow.

The receiver is where you insert the hitch. You might require an adapter for the electrial to go to 4 pin.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/drophitchreceiver.jpg

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2009, 10:05 AM
now thats what I like ta see, everyone networking...sweet !

Hope to see ya out there !
Gray

goodguy
10-16-2009, 10:16 AM

I have a blazer with the 4 pin connector and it's all ready to go... What time are you planning on heading out?

CRESTLINER16
10-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Email me your number and we can go over the details.
Thx

goodguy
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Nevermind... i jus realized this is for tomorrow... I can't do it tomorrow... Sorry for the confusions...

CRESTLINER16
10-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I guess I'll be missing this striper fest, good luck all who's going. have fun guys!