PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake next weekend

golfish
10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok, I'm going to do my best to head up there next Thursday (the 22nd) after work. The only way the wifes going to agree is if I go cheap and tent camp. The best place I can think of is French camp (Tom's place). Am I seeing things or is the weather report wrong. I got Fish Camp's lows on next Wed at 43...Bishop at 38 and Mammoth at 29...The numbers don't seem right.

If any of you plan on going next week shoot me a PM...maybe we can hook up out on the lake. I'll be the old guy at leighton Springs in the old green WoodRiver V tube.

Flying
10-16-2009, 03:43 AM
I'll be there Fri and Sat(again :Envious:). The weather report looks good. I was up there last weekend and had the same weather. Chilly early in the morning but as soon as the sun comes up its really nice.

Have you thought about camping at the lake? I know you're not supposed to but I always see someone doing it.

Leighton was pretty nasty to launch when I did it late Sept. Shoreline was a major mud bog/quick sand. I sunk down to my knee a few times before giving up on the shoreline attempt. Go all the way to the left to the rocks to launch. The water is down at least another foot since then so it should be worse.

May I suggest the other side. Six Bays and all the way up north have the best tube access right now. I did Green Banks to the weeds last weekend. Quantity was low but quality was nice. Every fish went straight to the reel.

I should be pulling into Green Banks around sunrise Friday. You should come on over. I'll be semi old guy in the old faded blue Bucks Bullet.

golfish
10-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I've always thought about camping at the lake but its nice to have the fresh water, bathrooms and food that Toms Place offers.

I've fished Green Banks and Six Bays many times but it always seems that Leighton Springs works best for me, maybe because I know that area so well and its less time on the dirt roads. I learned my lesson a long time ago to walk down the rocks to launch. Its pretty much a given every time I go.

I'll be driving a Gray Nissan Titan that you can probably hear from across the lake. Big sticker in the back window that says Big Bear Choppers.

Thanks for the info...hope to see you up there.

golfish
10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
anybody have a report from Crowley?

Looks like I'll be heading out around 4pm tomorrow or 2am Friday.