PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake 3rd rod

pasadenafishin
10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I just have an idea, i do not know if this has already been addressed, but i am curious if the irvine staff has ever thought of selling an extra rod stamp. So you can have a 3rd rod out. Maybe a little tag that you tie to the end of your rod so security can tell your third rod is payed for from a distance. Just an idea

thanks, PF

jig fish
10-15-2009, 07:01 PM
You don't need three lines in the water to catch a trout.

megafisher94
10-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Case and point.

pasadenafishin
10-15-2009, 07:18 PM

true.. your 100% right

Marley
10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
If you have to use three to catch trout, quit. And besides, they would then use four.

HelloBendo420
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
i once saw an old dude at prado with 17 rods in the water...
freeeaakin ridiculous

dfisher
10-15-2009, 09:20 PM
17 rods? wtf is the point of that. Might as well bring your scuba gear and spear the fish.

TShaffer
10-15-2009, 10:09 PM
freeeaakin ridiculous

Can you say...overkill??
geez

gavin310
10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
It's easier for the lake staff if there is a set number of rods you can use. it's just more work for them checking if people are using the amount of rods they paid for.

AND you don't need 3 rods :)

bassassassin
10-15-2009, 10:29 PM
i got an idea- use 1 rod and fish with lures :Cool:

dfisher
10-15-2009, 11:02 PM
or use 1 rod with 17 leaders

Troutman65
10-15-2009, 11:13 PM
There are these guys that come to Irvine lake and every time they would have like 8 rods out each. They also had other family members that would come out and they do the same thing. Simple amazing. Even when I asked them over and over for months to JUST USE 2 RODS EACH they still would not do it. Every time I would come by in the patrol truck or boat they would try to hide the extra rods. After many months of just warning them I finally asked them to leave the lake. They just packed up and said see you next week.:Shocked:

Troutman65
10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
I know of many people that use 8 rods each while fishing at Irvine Lake. Many that use 4 rods each. Then you have the guy that plays by the rules and just fishes with 2.

Beeracuda211
10-16-2009, 06:12 AM

Some of us do, especially since we haven't hit the water in 6 months... lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

bluehunter
10-16-2009, 07:37 AM
At one time I believe they use to allow a extra set, but you had to pay for it like an extra adult fee. I don't think its done anymore. I seem to remember that scenario used with some guys seen using extra rods a while back. But really though - 2 is all you need I agree with everyone else.

Ray Lopez
10-16-2009, 12:56 PM
freeeaakin ridiculous

yea there were these two asain dudes trying to at like they had no clue what i was talking about when i confronted them for having at least 15+ rods on thw west ramp. Too bad no one showed up when i reported them

Mondo21
10-16-2009, 01:15 PM
There are these guys that come to Irvine lake and every time they would have like 8 rods out each. They also had other family members that would come out and they do the same thing. Simple amazing. Even when I asked them over and over for months to JUST USE 2 RODS EACH they still would not do it. Every time I would come by in the patrol truck or boat they would try to hide the extra rods. After many months of just warning them I finally asked them to leave the lake. They just packed up and said see you next week.:Shocked:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Funny story Patrick! If anytime I need a laugh, just tune in to FNN. I do believe you, it's just very funny. Cindy:Big Smile:
P.S. You should hear Armando sometimes... I could have my bedroom door closed,and still hear him laughing at stuff he reads on this board.

Poxy Boggards
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Persoanlly I don't think it should matter how many rods that you want to fish with, as long as you are not keeping over your limit. Sometimes having an extra bait or two in the water may end up helping you kick the skunk if fishing is slow. If fishing is hot, then only one rod is needed.

I understand why they make that rule though, cause people would get carried away, take up too much shore space and get people angry with eachother over prime fishing areas.

Ricky-Ray
10-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Hypothetically let's just say they offer a stamp of some sort or some way you could have a third rod. Then later one someone could say we'll how about having a fourth rod or fifth or sixth rod???

At some point you gotta stand back and look at it being realistically what if all of them went off with a strike. How many rods would you be able to handle?

Troutman65
10-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Persoanlly I don't think it should matter how many rods that you want to fish with, as long as you are not keeping over your limit. Sometimes having an extra bait or two in the water may end up helping you kick the skunk if fishing is slow. If fishing is hot, then only one rod is needed.

I understand why they make that rule though, cause people would get carried away, take up too much shore space and get people angry with eachother over prime fishing areas.

You hit the nail on the head Wes. :Wink:

Sparky70
10-16-2009, 03:35 PM
If I had 3 RODS I'd be a proud Puppie! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

bruce watson
10-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Make it easy on the lake and just allow one rod.

2quikmotorwerks
10-16-2009, 08:10 PM
if im not mistaken if you buy an extra entrace pass u can fish 4 rods

Troutman65
10-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Boy this thread is going South fast.:Shocked:

sansou
10-16-2009, 08:56 PM

...only in conjunction with LIVE CRICKETS.

smokindrags
10-16-2009, 10:10 PM
omg i saw 2quick catch a dd with one rod in the water and bob hook one when i was in the john all you need is 2 rods in the water

calico killer kevin
10-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Come on now. I understand that Irvine Lake Staff reads your suggestions, but how about not bluntly throwing out the first thing that comes in your mind...:Rolls Eyes:

klymons
10-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Come on now. I understand that Irvine Lake Staff reads your suggestions, but how about not bluntly throwing out the first thing that comes in your mind...:Rolls Eyes:

. . .well, if you ask me--and believe me, nobody has--I firmly support less is more--more or less. . .

formosa
10-17-2009, 10:07 AM
freeeaakin ridiculous

the old dude just try snag fish with 17 lines in the water.

pasadenafishin
10-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Alright dude, i know i was just saying an idea

Hook, Line & Sinker
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I think its this simple, how many rods does the DFG allow you to fish???

Game, set & match

End thread!!!!

olfishergal
10-17-2009, 10:30 PM

this is correct information........wanna use more rods? Buy a second pass!

smokehound
10-17-2009, 11:13 PM
A strip-bar would liven the place up.

Ahhhh... titties and trout. Just a suggestion.

pasadenafishin
10-17-2009, 11:45 PM
ok you guys i get it, bad idea... lets just let this thread disappear beneath the archives

Joshua
10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I just have an idea, i do not know if this has already been addressed, but i am curious if the irvine staff has ever thought of selling an extra rod stamp. So you can have a 3rd rod out. Maybe a little tag that you tie to the end of your rod so security can tell your third rod is payed for from a distance. Just an idea

thanks, PF
half the jokers out there are using 3 rods already. It would nearly impossible to enforce the rod limit, if there were some folks with 2 and some with 3 legally.
I will restate, Half the jokers out there are soaking bait with 2 rods and will throw a lure with the 3rd rod. :Secret:

smokehound
10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
hahaha you all said "rod".

YellowSuge
10-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Didn't Irvine use to have a 3 rod maximum? (like 15 years ago or so) I vaguely remember a pay-lake that used to have it; can't remember which.

smokehound
10-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Man people are greedy.. two is all you need, its not gonna matter much.

Sheeit, if it were up to me, only one rod would be allowed. I normally only use one pole, and so far it has over 40 species on it's record, both salt and fresh..

I think some of you just need to practice fishing more. :P