PDA

View Full Version : *lake skinner*

catfish 17
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
hey every one,i was wondering if i could get any info on this lake because it will be mi first time going to it and i seriously don't wanna waste my time for nothing.lol. i wanna fish for catfish and stripe bass. where the secrets at? oh and by the way i am going on sunday! :Big Grin:

sansou
10-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Have you tried using the "search" function? It's not like we don't have 500 reports from Skinner....

Looking forward to your FIRST report after 50 straight questions....:Wink:

LunkerLover
10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
17:

Check it .... there is a "channel" running from launch ramp #2 almost straight out to the intake on the NW side of the lake ... This channel is chock FULL of fat hungry kitties that would LOVE a flylined chunk of fresh stinky mackeral or some fresh FAT shrimp ... flyline, mah brother, with a tried-and-true 15+LB mono....

Also - the inlet area on the "other" side of the buoys and "this" side of the buoys is full of kitties and linesides too ... try trolling some whole chovies for the stripers...

old post below:

Skinner's bluestone effects should be over now .... no prob there... I would say, for largemouths, stay off-shore and focus on drop-offs, holes, submerged foliage, and rock piles in the DEEPER areas. If you have a finder, that'd be killer. With the water temp in the 70's around the shallows, the fatties wont be there...

Find the deeper channel running from ramp #2 over to the inlet and you'll find the bass along the fall, AND the stripers, AND the cats. Good luck! Once you find the deeper drop-offs and structure, I'd focus on C-rigging larger worms and MAYBE some deep cranks, try vertical jiggin some spoons too ... talked to a guy who KILLED it last august mid-lake with some shiny spoons

HEMAN
10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Have you tried using the "search" function? It's not like we don't have 500 reports from Skinner....

Looking forward to your FIRST report after 50 straight questions....:Wink:
dang a little rough on him, arent ya?

catfish 17
10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
so it wont be worth it fishing from shore?

pasadenafishin
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
so it wont be worth it fishing from shore?

no one said that, its always worth it to get out fishing!!

catfish 17
10-16-2009, 08:50 PM
so whats the best thing that's biting right now?i wanna catch some cats and some stripey's! is it better on shore or boat?im going on sunday so im ready to see whats up.

samgann93
10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
GO FISHING!!! time on the water will give you much more insight on fishing than what anyone on this board could tell you. Try fishing shore with chicken liver for cats, something that replicates a shad or something for stipers.