PDA

View Full Version : jess ranch

troutguy26
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
how has it been lately? thinkin about goin sunday.. any info would be helpful : )

pasadenafishin
10-15-2009, 06:07 PM
paging yama fish!!

troutguy26
10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
paging yama fish!!

huh? :ROFL:

pasadenafishin
10-15-2009, 07:19 PM
huh? :ROFL:

PM the screen name yamafish, he knows jess ranch better than anyone

troutguy26
10-15-2009, 09:16 PM
oo gotcha...lol

Rooster
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Last time i was there.. Funtimes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz5v_rpyt04

troutdog
10-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Classic play by play, you should call the ALCS bro! :LOL:

I remember that post well, good times...

TD

duce
10-16-2009, 06:45 PM
last week on friday I limited out in 3 hours. On sunday my 8 year-old caught 5 in about 7 hours!

troutguy26
10-16-2009, 08:10 PM
nice thanks for the info..any big ones?

troutguy26
10-16-2009, 08:20 PM

i dont wanna b a jerk..cuz that looked like fun..but that fish wasnt that big..aha what did it weigh in? maybe 5?? 5 and a half?? nice fish tho

duce
10-16-2009, 09:00 PM
they were ok. I did see a couple 2-3 pounders.

troutguy26
10-17-2009, 01:13 AM
they were ok. I did see a couple 2-3 pounders.

o fer sure man..thanks fer the info..the people there watch and make sure u only catch ur limit? even if u have been there fer like an hour?lol they are big on that?

duce
10-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Yea. They drive around and check you every half hour and mark your wristband. What I did last friday when the trout bite was hot I switched to catfish. You can throw catfish back. So I hammered a few cats went back to limit out on trout and left.

troutdog
10-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Yea. They drive around and check you every half hour and mark your wristband. What I did last friday when the trout bite was hot I switched to catfish. You can throw catfish back. So I hammered a few cats went back to limit out on trout and left.

Nice...what size were the kitties 1.5-2lbs?

TD

2quikmotorwerks
10-17-2009, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz5v_rpyt04damn it took that long to land that lil babie? also why didnt everyone pull there lines out while homie was fighting that fish, total bs when u gotta go up and over up and over, if that been me lines woulda been getting cut , i guess people rather get tangled up then just be able to recast after the fish is landed

troutguy26
10-17-2009, 10:39 PM
damn it took that long to land that lil babie? also why didnt everyone pull there lines out while homie was fighting that fish, total bs when u gotta go up and over up and over, if that been me lines woulda been getting cut , i guess people rather get tangled up then just be able to recast after the fish is landed

thats what i was hinkin..lol it wasnt THAT big aha

Rooster
10-18-2009, 12:20 AM
thats what i was hinkin..lol it wasnt THAT big aha
It probably was my play by play that made it appear bigger then it actually was :ROFL: I actually dont remeber the weight but i know it was his PB and he had a great time out there at Jess. Great lake for tossing jigs.

MAN VS WILD
10-18-2009, 02:00 AM
damn it took that long to land that lil babie? also why didnt everyone pull there lines out while homie was fighting that fish, total bs when u gotta go up and over up and over, if that been me lines woulda been getting cut , i guess people rather get tangled up then just be able to recast after the fish is landed

That lil babie was 5 lbs of pure muscle!!! He had 2lb test and if you ever have been to Jess Ranch than you know why it took long to reel that one in. The fish there are the hardest fighting trout you will come across. Tailwalkers etc. don't fight as hard as these babies. Even a 1lber give a good fight. Irvine, SARL, Laguna Niguel, Hesperia don't produce this quality of a trout. If you haven't been to JESS RANCH make it a point to get out there this trout season. Mid-November to Feb is the hot time. Check out any of my post from there and you will see.

FISH ON!!!

troutguy26
10-18-2009, 10:09 PM
yea i found out today that the jess ranch fish are fighters! even the lil guys..so im sure that bigger one had to fight pretty well

Juventino
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
you have any pics?

troutguy26
10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
you have any pics?

naw sorry man..but i would say that u should try out the lake.its an awesome lake..well kept

Ultralight
10-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Wondering if Jess stock their larger trout there regularly or do their largest trout go to places like Santa Ana lakes that's advertising 'Jess Ranch' trout....

I visited once and liked it for it's environment and the fact that it's a bit closer than the other paid lakes for the most part.

Thanks,
UL

seal
10-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Wondering if Jess stock their larger trout there regularly or do their largest trout go to places like Santa Ana lakes that's advertising 'Jess Ranch' trout....

I visited once and liked it for it's environment and the fact that it's a bit closer than the other paid lakes for the most part.

Thanks,
UL

7lbs plus landed there last week. I think they take pretty good care of stocking the lakes at Jess.

troutguy26
10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
well they do have HUGE trout sittin in the ponds over by the hatchery...

i as well am wondering when they put those big guys in.lol i love the lake tho..i think im goin again this sunday... 2 weeks in a row aha

troutdog
10-22-2009, 09:42 AM
well they do have HUGE trout sittin in the ponds over by the hatchery...

i as well am wondering when they put those big guys in.lol i love the lake tho..i think im goin again this sunday... 2 weeks in a row aha

Try and make it out Saturday if possible, looks like the list is growing...if not good luck Sunday I hope you crushem!

TD

troutguy26
10-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Try and make it out Saturday if possible, looks like the list is growing...if not good luck Sunday I hope you crushem!

TD

i will try man..if i dont have baseball practice i prolly will.... how can i find u?

troutdog
10-22-2009, 05:00 PM
i will try man..if i dont have baseball practice i prolly will.... how can i find u?

I think most of us are going to set up shop at Lake #3(the one on the left as you enter I believe) next to that big log everyone keeps talking about....we will be the group wearing either the white or blue TEAM57 shirts. We are going to be hard to miss, but just in case I PM'd you my cell phone!

Hope to see you there TG26,

TD

MAN VS WILD
10-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Nobody has a Team 57 flag to bust out and let everyone know that TEAM 57 IS HERE!!!! That would be cool.

troutguy26
10-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Nobody has a Team 57 flag to bust out and let everyone know that TEAM 57 IS HERE!!!! That would be cool.

lol yea that WOULD b cool...well goodluck out there fellas..ill be out there the day after u guys.. so dont scare all the fish off! aha