PDA

View Full Version : Hooping first time tonight

JL
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
About ready to head our to try hooping. My wife, one of my sons, and a friend are as prepared as we can be. Six hoops, bait, waterproof pants, maps, life vests, measuring tools, Lobster cards and license for all, plus all of the advice we could muster up from FNN and others, over the last several weeks, Many of you have been awesome in giving us advice. Typical of those of us who fish, the advice is sometime contradictory. For example

Use stinky old mackeral, cat food, crushed anchovies, sardines.

Or from another. Go and catch fresh bait, works best!

And from another.........fish in 20 feet - 40 feet

another.......fish in 40- 60 feet

another.........get at close to the rocks as you dare....

Well we will try it all if we can tonight.

If you are out tonight and see a Tan Triumph 210cc Center console T top with the word caous on the side say hi. If we are in your way let us know we don't want any enemies on the water.

and again thanks and Bless you all

ahhvtec
10-15-2009, 01:23 PM
I will be there, want two extra hoops?

~larissa
10-15-2009, 01:26 PM
good luck!! dont forget to take lots a pics. looking forward to your report

fisherman from long beach
10-15-2009, 02:12 PM
good luck.enjoy the time on the water

done-it-again
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Have fun.

Another tip. Bait the hoops good, as much bait as you can fit.

HESBROS
10-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey were you out in LB last night? And Had two older boys and your wife? You were setting gear close to ours? (Green glow sticks) in the water jug? White Walk Aroud Cuddy with a big 47 on the side? If it was you we tried to motor over and talk to you before you zoomed off towards South Shores?

bassoff
10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I think we saw both you and Hesbro out there. You guys were at Chaffee Island right? Im pretty sure it was you guys. Just like you guys, my cousin and I didnt do so well. Looks like Hesbro was the only one cause the other PBers there didnt do well either.