PDA

View Full Version : Jenks opening times?

peanut88
10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Howdy,

Does anyone know what time Jenks opens on Saturdays? Thinking of taking the kids up there this weekend & skipping swim practice. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Koshaw
10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
DUDE!!!!!! Today 10/15 is the LAST DAY of the season for Jenks :~(

IE till next March-April-May or so.

Ya may want to take the kids to Silverwood instead as they have stocked this week.

Good luck out there!

Chuck

billy b
10-16-2009, 10:11 AM
My understanding is that you can walk around the gate down the hill and use the lake ... if you and your kids are up to it. It's not to far for this OF ... does get a little challenging coming back UP the hill.

I don't believe there are any hours. I've seen people coming down the hill near sunset ... but they may not be legal.

You might want to consider it

Koshaw
10-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I talked to Raymond the cool guy who manages the lake for the owners. This week starting today I think the closed signs are going up all over the lake. The gates will be closed as well.

You may be able to walk down the hill and around the gates...

I think there are tow/ticket fee if you park there now and an adventure pass will not work...

You may want to call the ranger station up there to see if its legal/ok to park =) dont want ya getting towed/ticketed :(

Good luck out there!

Btw there has been no stocking in over a month, and tubers only got one fish or so...

They also Shocked the fish (the state) so they could do a count and Ray says the fishing has been very crappy since they did it.

peanut88
10-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey gents,

Thanks for the intel. Unfortunately plans have changed & swim practice is in the books this Saturday for an upcoming meet. Can't play hooky this weekend. Will try again soon.

Cheers!