PDA

View Full Version : Castaic weds from shore

FINSMACKDOWN
10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Hit the lake this evening from 4-6 pm. I just missed some crazy Striper boils dut landed a few in open water. Kept the 2 biggest and let the 3 runts go. the largest was 8 1/2 lbs. KpN topwater and silver flukes.
see ya saturday! oh ya, ALL from shore so if you dont have a boat you can still come to STRIPER FEST

trail blazer
10-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Way to stick it too them bro,,,and even from the bank,,,you are the mannn!!!!!

CL SmooV
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM
shoooot! if usc and nd werent playin i'd be there!

think i'll shoot for sunday.

nice fish, way to slay.

smoov

cutbait
10-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Hit the lake this evening from 4-6 pm. I just missed some crazy Striper boils dut landed a few in open water. Kept the 2 biggest and let the 3 runts go. the largest was 8 1/2 lbs. KpN topwater and silver flukes.
see ya saturday! oh ya, ALL from shore so if you dont have a boat you can still come to STRIPER FEST

Nice.

two more days

koifish
10-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks for report. did you fish at west ramp or main ramp side? I try to go out there next week. Thanks

Owner626
10-15-2009, 07:55 PM

what did u use???

bsp
10-15-2009, 08:07 PM
He used a KPN topwater, and silver Zoom Flukes. KPN is a local lure brand that can be purchased at Gallion's Corner in the Alliance Gas Station by Castaic lake. They are hand made by a member here who is named KPN, and come in topwater walk the dog baits and a lipless crankbait. Zoom Flukes are soft jerkbaits that kill on the dropshot, worked weightless on a texas rig, or thrown on an underspin head (very good on schooling bass and stripers).

Also, nice stripers man! Striper fishing from shore is something I really need to get into. I am more of a swimbait guy myself, so I think I'll give 6in or 8in Lunker Punkers a shot soon.

Panfish Junior
10-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Way to go! You did an awesome job out there. Congrats!

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Congrats on a well earned slay, it's nice ta watch you come into your own, there will be many may more before this bite is done.

Very nice work.....Slayage !

Gary

He used a KPN topwater, and silver Zoom Flukes. KPN is a local lure brand that can be purchased at Gallion's Corner in the Alliance Gas Station by Castaic lake. They are hand made by a member here who is named KPN, and come in topwater walk the dog baits and a lipless crankbait. Zoom Flukes are soft jerkbaits that kill on the dropshot, worked weightless on a texas rig, or thrown on an underspin head

Way ta supply the info ...