PDA

View Full Version : My DVL "baby monster Striper" w/dropshotman!

kewlwhip
10-14-2009, 09:02 PM
So the story goes...Still the Jewel, minus the big holdovers...so far.

Was out looking for the killers of DVL fish- Stripers! While getting the Castaic striper fiend blood imbeded in me, I decided to take advantage of the storms going- and called up dropshot man to see if he was in- Game on.

Water level low, work on ramp- great!

We got to the tackle/lake by 1130am, in the water by 1201pm- got the usual rental, minus fish finder :Wink:, and got some good insight from FA, and called up uncle B and Trolly to let em know what was up. FA says do it, its "your day", and more...Uncle B says do it, and why were we playing in his "other" home lol *ps while killlin it at mammoth*, and Trolly thinks i was crazy (king of the cats slayer, the vine)-yada yada from the buddies-lol,,

Get to tossin/pullin DSM's lure- Gets slammed, feels like a tree trunk- i tell whit to hold it while i back the boat up to "save" his lure design... I say its a tree trunk, and he says.....it feels like...a huge...he gave me my rod back as we gained line on it...i told DSM, if its a tree trunk, its coming in-- then i see the side...@#$^ grab the net, its big! After a few solid runs, tired it out, and DSM did the net duties- put er in the boat!

23 1/4lbs fresh on the rapala scale (actually read fail at first)
got to the tackle at the end of day (fish barely fit in the bass bait tank) and weighed it at the tackle shop-after spitting out handloads of shad-and other goodies... 17.9lbs

this is my personal best- and a fight of all fights in the fresh so far...thinkin of doing somethin with it (Bob/T.O. had good idea of measuring it, thanks!)-

36" (just over 3' length)
24 3/4" girth
8" width tail
8 3/4" mouth to gill plate end

Thanks DSM (dropshotman) for doing the better 1/2 and netting this trout+more, killin monster! lol,,,

BLOOOOOD- i shall return

(photos coming...)

,,,,,,,,,dont worry, we will have some more trout trolling out there very soon, and some real striper killers coming around to thin them out,,,,,,,,,,bob

kewlwhip
10-14-2009, 09:14 PM
....mmmmmm

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/25lbDVLstriper101409.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/25lbDVLstriper101409_1.jpg

more photos later- sickness bloooood! lolz

Fire Ball
10-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Nice fish! Just looking at it makes me want to go slay some stiper! That thing is a beast!

Troutman65
10-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Nice going out there Kewly. Thats a WHOPPER !!!!! Congrats . Its about time your luck turned . :Wink: Thanks for the report .

Greg Madrigal
10-14-2009, 09:23 PM
HOLY SCHMOLY!!!!! Nice fish! Didn't even know DVL was holdin stripeys. Nice work.

GM<><

calico killer kevin
10-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Nice fish Kewly. A BEAST!

HOLY SCHMOLY!!!!! Nice fish! Didn't even know DVL was holdin stripeys. Nice work.

GM<><
Where you been for the last 2 years?:LOL:

sansou
10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Great looking fish!

18lb/23lb striper is no joke!!

Frenchy
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
sweet fish good job out there we gotta go soon

Thisfool
10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
wow beautiful fish buti dont think i would call it a baby i think its just a regular monster def not a baby monster

kewlwhip
10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice fish! Just looking at it makes me want to go slay some stiper! That thing is a beast! thanks! it fought like a beast in the fresh...felt like yellowtail/tuna in the salt x3 in the fresh too!

GM<>< neither did i :Wink:

Nice fish Kewly. A BEAST!

Where you been for the last 2 years?:LOL: thanks CKKevin

Great looking fish!

18lb/23lb striper is no joke!! man..you said it Sansou- I seriously thought i had hooked a tree trunk...with tails, head and more lolz

Nice going out there Kewly. Thats a WHOPPER !!!!!.time in the water and more pays off always-

sweet fish good job out there we gotta go soonget out there and get er done!

wow beautiful fish buti dont think i would call it a baby i think its just a regular monster def not a baby monster hey thanks- i've seen similar units around or getting hauled out...so i called mine a baby...though i agree def not a baby monster..nor small fight-

kewlwhip
10-14-2009, 10:45 PM
spitting bait and more in the livewell- fish couldnt fit-

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/gulletdvlmonster.jpg

NoHo ART
10-14-2009, 10:55 PM
WTG bro keep it fresh for sat lol :Secret::ROFL:

kewlwhip
10-14-2009, 11:01 PM
aye, thanks art- for sure ahhaah..you have no idea! BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD lolz

Wingnut
10-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Bad a** Lineside Kewly! :Envious: My 41" was only 20lbs. :LOL:
Got your text earlier but I was... preoccupied. :Wink:
This weather is wacked, not sure where to go this Sunday.

TrouTracker
10-15-2009, 12:22 AM
To Kewly- Great picture of that monster. Congrats on your PB at the Jewel. There's more of those monsters out there for you and the crew to take care of. While we're waiting for the holdovers to come up, keep on catching those stripers. There's a bunch of 30 lbers out by the I/O Tower. Can't wait to get back into some of those big holdovers. See you on the water with the crew really soon!
Barry A. Ogawa

HelloBendo420
10-15-2009, 01:05 AM
wtf.....niiiiiiiice:EyePop:

fishing_freak
10-15-2009, 04:47 AM
godd dane i gotta catch me one of those

kewlwhip
10-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Bad a** Lineside Kewly! :Envious: My 41" was only 20lbs. :LOL:
Got your text earlier but I was... preoccupied. :Wink:
This weather is wacked, not sure where to go this Sunday. this thing was a sick fight Arthur, and when we got it too the boat- it was a full adrenaline rush lol

To Kewly- Great picture of that monster. Congrats on your PB at the Jewel. There's more of those monsters out there for you and the crew to take care of. While we're waiting for the holdovers to come up, keep on catching those stripers. There's a bunch of 30 lbers out by the I/O Tower. Can't wait to get back into some of those big holdovers. See you on the water with the crew really soon!
Barry A. Ogawa Hey Barry- Thanks! We're gona try and "thin out" the pop, so the holdies can come out to play again! lol- We ran the lake to find the fish, i heard that spot produced, but nothing there yesterday. Sure they're tryna terrorize all species in the lake at that size...Deff diff than pullin in a 7lb holdover!

wtf.....niiiiiiiice:EyePop:thanks-

godd dane i gotta catch me one of those get out there and get er done- saw some shore anglers getting some on the sidehill by the docks

trollmiester
10-15-2009, 07:21 AM
wow thanx for the phone up dates right when u caught it. never caught one that big. wow again. see you saturday.

fishinone
10-15-2009, 08:31 AM
That's a nice one!

So, where do we get these DSM lures?

HuskerRod
10-15-2009, 08:44 AM
If that is a "baby monster" I'd hate to see a monster. Did you get a raffle ticket from the marina store? I carry a stringer with me at DVL now. Those big striper units don't fit in those little shoe box live/dead wells. I just drag the Striper around on the side of the boat and usually forget to bring it in whenever we run to a new spot.

huskerrod

fishincrave
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Time on the water sure pays off specially a day like yesterday.
Nice moster you got there Kewly:Worship::OMG!:
Sean

MAVERICK27
10-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm stoked for ya kewly!! You deserve it!! We need to hit castaic on my boat. Holler!!

CPRfisher
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM
damn dude nice fish. I was out there yesterday but didnt have near the luck that you did! way to go. i remember meeting you on that lake a long time ago when you were fishing for some holdover bows.

GdHkSet1
10-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Congrats on your pb at DV.

THROWBACK RANGER
10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks DSM (dropshotman) for doing the better 1/2 and netting this trout+more, killin monster! lol

what did he do, wind it in for you??

PONTOON
10-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Kewlwhip that is amazing! Way to go Dude!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
I had no idea you got that fish until you sent me the text. I had to check it out at work and couldn't beleive it, that thing is a giant.
See you this weekend for more details.

fishmounter
10-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Kewlwhip... That's definitely a trophy fish worthy of being mounted! Big Stripers make a great mount. If you have it done, make sure you get a fiberglass reproduction molded from your fish. By the way, what size and brand of line were you using?

Indo-angler
10-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats on a really nice fish!!!
There gonna be some big stripers coming out once the trout stocking starts!

kewlwhip
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
wow thanx for the phone up dates right when u caught it. never caught one that big. wow again. see you saturday.Right on thanks Trolly- reminded me of you and Terrys BIG cat a few winters back-

That's a nice one!

So, where do we get these DSM lures? thanks fishinone- hit up dropshopman :Wink:

If that is a "baby monster" I'd hate to see a monster. Did you get a raffle ticket from the marina store? I carry a stringer with me at DVL now. Those big striper units don't fit in those little shoe box live/dead wells. I just drag the Striper around on the side of the boat and usually forget to bring it in whenever we run to a new spot.

huskerrodright on, thanks! I did get a raffle ticket for sure- this thing was a live for a minute!

Time on the water sure pays off specially a day like yesterday.
Nice moster you got there Kewly:Worship::OMG!:
Sean Whats up- yes time out in the water does pay off- dvl was a great spot for holdovers, and maybe by thinning these monsters out- they'll come out to play again.

I'm stoked for ya kewly!! You deserve it!! We need to hit castaic on my boat. Holler!! thanks mav- probably in a few weeks, i'll hit ya up!

damn dude nice fish. I was out there yesterday but didnt have near the luck that you did! way to go. i remember meeting you on that lake a long time ago when you were fishing for some holdover bows. CPRfisher- DVL has had great holdovers, and thats what a good handful of us guys were goin for. Ever since the introduction of stripers, the trout has declined...lots of talk on the boards about the changes, but the holdies are still out there.

Congrats on your pb at DV.thanks bud!

what did he do, wind it in for you??that was funny...read a bit and figure it out THROWBACK POWERANGER. Netting a big fish is 1/2 the battle, the other is the battle..i never forget the netman...that is part of the fun.

Kewlwhip that is amazing! Way to go Dude!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
I had no idea you got that fish until you sent me the text. I had to check it out at work and couldn't beleive it, that thing is a giant.
See you this weekend for more details. Hey Terry thanks- I thought of a handful of buddies to spread the word and you were one of them. It fought great~

Kewlwhip... That's definitely a trophy fish worthy of being mounted! Big Stripers make a great mount. If you have it done, make sure you get a fiberglass reproduction molded from your fish. By the way, what size and brand of line were you using? Hey thanks for the info/insight fishmounter! 17lb Trilene XL

Congrats on a really nice fish!!!
There gonna be some big stripers coming out once the trout stocking starts!
thanks- like all the other striper lakes...should be good.

muskyman
10-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Dang man, this is a nice striper dude. I can't tell you how many times I got broke off trolling P-sticks. Nice job man. Now when are you coming out here for some 20lb browns ? They are alllll you want out here dude !

HuskerRod
10-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Yah,

When DVL re-opens to private boats we defintely need to organize a FNN event to thin the heard. THe FNN 1st Annual "Striper round-up". It will be a heated competition for second place. Behind TO!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the weigh in!!!!!

If any FNNers will be at DVL this Saturday (tomorrow) give me a heads up and we can just have a for fun competition. And you can even have any stripers I catch. My wife will not allow me to take them home...............sadly!!!! Not even to show off to the neighbor kids.

Huskerrod

Shock
10-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Nice job on that PIG stripey Kewly!!!

That's a catch of a lifetime, now all you gotta do is show em how it's done at Striperfest!!!

kpn
10-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Very nice job there Kooly....Congrats on your PB bro.......That's a monster forsure........Bob just create a ..."Monster Striper Killer" :ROFL:.

KPN.

troutdog
10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
WTG Kewly!!! Congrats on a beautiful striper buddy....

TD

kewlwhip
10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Dang man, this is a nice striper dude. I can't tell you how many times I got broke off trolling P-sticks. Nice job man. Now when are you coming out here for some 20lb browns ? They are alllll you want out here dude !yeahh Musky-jalapeno! lolzz!, thanks Bud!! Was a lesson and a blast- pm me your contact- a month ago i fell in Castaic and lost my phone! lolz Down for those mean Browns-

Yah,

When DVL re-opens to private boats we defintely need to organize a FNN event to thin the heard. THe FNN 1st Annual "Striper round-up". It will be a heated competition for second place. Behind TO!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the weigh in!!!!!

If any FNNers will be at DVL this Saturday (tomorrow) give me a heads up and we can just have a for fun competition. And you can even have any stripers I catch. My wife will not allow me to take them home...............sadly!!!! Not even to show off to the neighbor kids.

Huskerrod hahaahah.. awesome

Nice job on that PIG stripey Kewly!!!

That's a catch of a lifetime, now all you gotta do is show em how it's done at Striperfest!!! hey thanks alot Shock- i've got some planst goin for striperfest!

Very nice job there Kooly....Congrats on your PB bro.......That's a monster forsure........Bob just create a ..."Monster Striper Killer" :ROFL:.

KPN. Kahn, man this thing was a TOAD and a half- hahaah Uncle B DID create a Monster Striper Killer lolz and you guys helped! ahhahahaa- plans are to "thin out the heard"

WTG Kewly!!! Congrats on a beautiful striper buddy....

TD Thanks TD- was fun to say the least

==========

ps- got more photos from that day/night, just have to get them off my Nikon camera-

and its belly...whoaa thats on the DL sorry! :Wink:

Shock
10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Hey Kewly check your PM....

diamondbear
10-16-2009, 03:31 PM
KEEP KILLING THOSE STRIPERS , Nice fish Kewly , it fought pretty good I bet , and taste even better . // db

RamboBoy
10-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I just heard that you caught a striper from the person of other forum, so I checked it out here .

Congrats on your catch striper, good job.

Stipah Killa, Bloodz! :Smlie:

kewlwhip
10-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Hey Kewly check your PM....thanks man-

KEEP KILLING THOSE STRIPERS , Nice fish Kewly , it fought pretty good I bet , and taste even better . // dbhey DB will do- and yes x2! lol

I just heard that you caught a striper from the person of other forum, so I checked it out here .

Congrats on your catch striper, good job.

Stipah Killa, Bloodz! :Smlie:all good, thanks - get em!!!

=====

ps thanks to THE MAN above- here's to constant fishing fun!

philippians 4:13

fishindude420
10-17-2009, 07:10 PM
baby monster my a@#! That things a beast bro. good job out there. im still waiting for my monster stripe on a swimmie! hopefully this trout season ill get a toad :)

TroutOnly
10-18-2009, 08:34 AM
GREAT FISH KOOLMIESTER LOOKS LIKE THE STRIPER LEARNING IS FINALLY RUBBING OFF ONTO YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT KILL HUBERT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

kewlwhip
10-18-2009, 11:45 AM
baby monster my a@#! That things a beast bro. good job out there. im still waiting for my monster stripe on a swimmie! hopefully this trout season ill get a toad :) lol, cool thanks man- you'll get yours, keep it up!!
dedication=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/25lbDVLstriper101409_011-1.jpg

GREAT FISH KOOLMIESTER LOOKS LIKE THE STRIPER LEARNING IS FINALLY RUBBING OFF ONTO YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GREAT KILL HUBERT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o
Uncle B, hahaha- rubbing off???... More like imbeded-soaking in my brain from FNN's finest fishing guides/fisherman- T.O./ troutonly.net! Thanks Bob, now your turn striperbowl master-driver, 2009...I gotta show you the other spot(s) :Wink:

DENEK
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Nice carp. :)

kewlwhip
10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
lol, thanks Bry- hahaha

DropShotMan
10-20-2009, 08:24 PM
you gota see the new bait kewly you will love it, its going to be deadly call me

kewlwhip
10-20-2009, 08:37 PM
done. blue grass- :Wink:

diamondbear
10-21-2009, 01:25 PM
That really is a big fish Kewly and a bigger trout eater . good job again .

DVL_Local
10-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Very nice fish kewlwhip. I sure am looking forward to getting back on DVL again.

kewlwhip
10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
That really is a big fish Kewly and a bigger trout eater . good job again .
Hey thanks db- and a bass, bluegill and more eater :Wink:

Very nice fish kewlwhip. I sure am looking forward to getting back on DVL again. Thanks DVL_Local- there are a ton of LMB's waiting to see you! lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Finally got to this post, thats a pig deluxe....nice job on that freagin TOAD !

Fat boy...trout and shad laden......gut buster !

Congrats...you are forever ensconced in stripey world now !

congrats on a job well done.

I will be making a trip up there sometime in the near future, looking for my 3rd outing tere, gonna round up the boys and get me sme o that action as well, can't wait for that RAMP !

again Huge congrats !Gary

ZplugJunkie
10-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Whats up 17lber... hahaha

When are you going to hit castaic again?

kewlwhip
10-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Finally got to this post, thats a pig deluxe....nice job on that freagin TOAD !

Fat boy...trout and shad laden......gut buster !

Congrats...you are forever ensconced in stripey world now !

congrats on a job well done.

I will be making a trip up there sometime in the near future, looking for my 3rd outing tere, gonna round up the boys and get me sme o that action as well, can't wait for that RAMP !

again Huge congrats !Gary

Hey man, thanks Gary- was practicing for the striperfest this day! hahahaah jk- lets do this soon! lolz bring yer GEEE-TAR!

Whats up 17lber... hahaha

When are you going to hit castaic again? ahahah..sup dude- maybe this weekend- i'll hit ya up!