PDA

View Full Version : New Del Mar Boat - 6/30

dmk112
07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Went out on the New Del Mar coming out of MDR on Saturday (6-10Pm) twilight trip. My 1st time fishing out on a party boat out here in the west coast. On the 1st stop the bass were biting quite well, got many hits but only landed a perch and nice 14" calico. The Cuda's showed up soon and several people cought them. The 2nd stop (near Malibu was quite slow). Good trip overall and next time I think I will do much better now that I know what technique/setup to use!

One thing that pissed me off was that someone took my calico out of my sack! At the end when I was ready to get it filleted, the deckie said there was only a perch in my sack. He told me that this happens quite often as people help themselves if fish aren't biting all that well. The jackpot also seemed sketchy as they had the winning bass for about 10 minutes and out of no where some dude pulls out a monster which no one saw him catch... hmmmm... you be the judge.

happy fishin'!

PS I'll have some pics next time!

hakaveli
07-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Went out on the New Del Mar coming out of MDR on Saturday (6-10Pm) twilight trip. My 1st time fishing out on a party boat out here in the west coast. On the 1st stop the bass were biting quite well, got many hits but only landed a perch and nice 14" calico. The Cuda's showed up soon and several people cought them. The 2nd stop (near Malibu was quite slow). Good trip overall and next time I think I will do much better now that I know what technique/setup to use!

One thing that pissed me off was that someone took my calico out of my sack! At the end when I was ready to get it filleted, the deckie said there was only a perch in my sack. He told me that this happens quite often as people help themselves if fish aren't biting all that well. The jackpot also seemed sketchy as they had the winning bass for about 10 minutes and out of no where some dude pulls out a monster which no one saw him catch... hmmmm... you be the judge.

happy fishin'!

PS I'll have some pics next time!

seem like alot of people are getting there fish jacked lately read another report and someone took his sack.

victor101
07-02-2007, 08:14 PM
thanks for the report. the new del mar is one of my favorite cattle boats to go on. great captain and crew. the only downside is the big crowds on the weekends. good job on the calico and maybe ill see you out there one day.
-vic

JapanRon
07-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi dmk112,

Atta trooper !! twilight for a first trip ..... that's brave !!

By all means take some week-day trips and sample a number of landings that are close to and fish Horseshoe Kelp and the Flats in the Long Beach~Huntington Beach stretch.

Nothing against SMB mind you. Next boat you might try on the SMB side might be the Spitfire.

JapanRon

dmk112
07-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi dmk112,

Atta trooper !! twilight for a first trip ..... that's brave !!

haha...why do you say that??!?

hartattack13
07-03-2007, 11:39 AM
seem like alot of people are getting there fish jacked lately read another report and someone took his sack.[/quote]

i'd kill a guy if he even thought of touching my sack

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sansou
07-03-2007, 01:30 PM

I don't even have to be on a boat for me to feel the same way! Ha ha!!

victor101
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM

I don't even have to be on a boat for me to feel the same way! Ha ha!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: