PDA

View Full Version : Apollo park trout derby

fishfinder
10-13-2009, 09:03 PM
november 6th is the first derby of the year at this lake. any-one plan on attending?

smokinflies
10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
is this gonna be a fishing derby for the kids?

B@$$[P][M][P]
10-14-2009, 09:04 AM
is this gonna be a fishing derby for the kids?

Cuz if it is I'm in!!!!!! lol jk..

The Angler
10-14-2009, 11:29 AM
[M][P];397509']Cuz if it is I'm in!!!!!! lol jk..

Lmao :ROFL:

B@$$[P][M][P]
10-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Lmao :ROFL:

Tell me about it http://www.fadzter.com/smilies/clappy.gif

fishfinder
10-14-2009, 01:46 PM
youth derby is the first saturday of may. this is for the big boys. so go claim your 2 square feet of shoreline.

smokinflies
10-14-2009, 02:40 PM
youth derby is the first saturday of may. this is for the big boys. so go claim your 2 square feet of shoreline.

cool. thanks for the 411.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-14-2009, 08:46 PM

bring two rods...one with aheavy throw away lead...cross em up...make sure you cross people you can handle on your own like women, children, old folks and wussy lookin guys....then get your kick ***** rod out and cast away till you get your limit...lol..

Uneekguy27
10-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I am planning on going to the derby. its going to be a little differnet though without dad. he passed away in march of this year. so hopefully i will see a few of our buddies out there ( Curtis, Andy, Tony, Archie, Steve and the rest of whom i forgot to mention). I also am planning on taking my little brother Anthony. he turned 16 and is ready to go!

B@$$[P][M][P]
10-19-2009, 08:44 AM
bring two rods...one with aheavy throw away lead...cross em up...make sure you cross people you can handle on your own like women, children, old folks and wussy lookin guys....then get your kick ***** rod out and cast away till you get your limit...lol..

That just might work , so they weren't accidents dam!

Indo-angler
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I am planning on going to the derby. its going to be a little differnet though without dad. he passed away in march of this year. so hopefully i will see a few of our buddies out there ( Curtis, Andy, Tony, Archie, Steve and the rest of whom i forgot to mention). I also am planning on taking my little brother Anthony. he turned 16 and is ready to go!

Sorry to hear about your dad passing away Louie.
Our dad, who was living with me, passed away at AV hospital of a heart attack on Christmas Day some time ago.

Arch will make it, but I can't make it since we are having a fundraising event for earthquake relief for Padang, West Sumatra Indonesia. We have friends there. I will be thinking of you guys.

Sure could use some money for DVL boat rental though!

fishfinder
11-05-2009, 12:48 AM
see you all at the derby saturday, or at 1pm anyways. save us some fish.

tpfishnfool
11-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Get ready for a fight !! 2 square feet per angler.. Elbows and Buttholes casting accross your lines.. Idiots throwing lures from behind you..
Have fun Ill pass.

lil Rick
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
That derby is a joke they have kids working there that don't know what's going on and don't know the rules. I was there with my buddy these kids they hire are just walking around not ever watching fish count on people. The guy that won the derby, we watched him throw back about 10 fish. Ya if you can shake them off the hook ya ok. But he was catching and releasing them. On his 20ish fish he get the big one 14.5lbs and $2000.00. Hate to be the hater but I hate cheaters, when others play by the rules in pass years they had people working that knew what was going on. Hopefully they will fix this for next derby and we will all be playing fare.