PDA

View Full Version : wtf is up with camping prices?

gavin310
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I just reserved a camping spot at South Carlsbad State Beach... it cost $50 per night. What is going on?!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-13-2009, 03:16 PM
thank you to the economy problems, ever wonder why you see more people getting pulled over and cited...cops need to eat too..

Troutman65
10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, Its a bunch of crap everyone raising the prices with the way the economy is now

gavin310
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Just because our politicians are too pussy to cut costs in this state doesn't mean they should pass it on to us. That's BS.

Simplyeman
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
All the fees for ocean front camping are fairly expensive, and i recall they have always been

troutdog
10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
My buddy told me silverwood is charging $35 now...wth? Might as well get a motel with free coffee and continental breakfast!

TD

gavin310
10-13-2009, 05:06 PM
All the fees for ocean front camping are fairly expensive, and i recall they have always been

Used to be about $22 per night.

Frenchy
10-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Troutdog if i recall right wasnt silverwood only 8 bucks before or sumthing like that

sansou
10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Carlsbad Beach, to my recollection (the last 12 years I've been in CA) has always been (a) slightly pricey and (b) by reservation (for the best months).

Nothing has changed.

FYI, a good camping place right now before it gets too cold is out by Doane Pond or Cuyamaca. I would also venture Morena isn't too busy either these days. Hurry though, cuz it can get very cold.

Simplyeman
10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I would find it really weird waking up in the morning coming out the tent to see people lined up on the beach haha.....but with those prices chances are I will never find out first hand.

gavin310
10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Carlsbad Beach, to my recollection (the last 12 years I've been in CA) has always been (a) slightly pricey and (b) by reservation (for the best months).

Nothing has changed.

FYI, a good camping place right now before it gets too cold is out by Doane Pond or Cuyamaca. I would also venture Morena isn't too busy either these days. Hurry though, cuz it can get very cold.

Yeah, Carlsbad has been reservation only since I've camped there, but I've camped there a few time during peak summer months (where it's almost impossible to get a spot) and I'm pretty much positive it's never been $50 per day. This has to be new because I was shocked when I saw it. I guess I can't be 100% certain because I haven't camped there every month of the year.

Thanks for the other camping recommendations.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Just because our politicians are too pussy to cut costs in this state doesn't mean they should pass it on to us. That's BS.

yes it does, when people just vote on coolness and race...yes they do have the right to f**k anyone if they are in office....."sarcasim" i realy mean if these are the things you voted for than everything that happens to this nation pretty much deserves it...btw: obama thinks that kanye west is messed up for doing that to taylor swift...wow,he is really working hard on turning this tax thing around..

sweetfish
10-14-2009, 07:51 AM
I just reserved a camping spot at South Carlsbad State Beach... it cost $50 per night. What is going on?!

I went to San Onofre State Beach to go camping before the 4th of July and it was $25.00 a night. So after reading your post I went to check to see where the rates are now. They increased it to $60 a night. Wow, I could go to a Motel 6 for $15 more have hot showers.

BrownTrout
10-14-2009, 09:13 AM
dont know about anyone else, but i think camping at san onofre sucks. being woken up by a train going by at 5 am was a bummer, especially for the money we paid.

Granny Fish
10-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Old news. :Sad:

http://www.rvdailyreport.com/News/tabid/57/ctl/ArticleView/mid/372/articleId/1753/PageID/1925/RV-camping-fees-nearly-double-at-some-California-state-parks.aspx

Guess we are lucky that they remained open.