PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys think of a monthly fishing clinic at castaic lake?

Ray Lopez
10-13-2009, 07:59 AM
So I've been kicking around some ideas with some friends and family as to what they think about a monthly fishing clinic at castaic lake lagoon. Each month focusing on a different subject and some one on one fishing lessons with some of the local fisherman and hopefully guides. I just figure with all the knowledge that my friends and I have on this lake that we would love to share these tips and tricks to help the fellow fishermen and women to land fish at some of our local lakes here in northern LA county. Also to focus on the wee ones because whats better then teaching kids how to catch fish? (or helping the parents of these kids to teach them how to teach their kids lol) I don't know of many. After this last Saturday helping out Gary, Hiro, and T.O with the castaic days event i noticed that there was a decent amount of people of all ages and sizes that were really interested in learning some tricks here at castaic.

I'm also thinking about either starting a web blog on fishing tips here in southern California and possibly a newsletter that would be passed around for free.

Mind you this is right now just some ideas i have kicking around in my head. Just wanted some feed back as to what you all think about this idea. This could also branch out to the local saltwater fishing focusing on the harbors in LA and Ventura. Also surf fishing clinics.

My goal with this project is to help others like i have been helped over the 20+ years i have been fishing. I have a wealth of fishing knowledge that i would love to share with others.

So let me know what you think.

Thanks you for your input...

Fire Ball
10-13-2009, 10:56 AM
I would definitely go if it wasn't too crowded, but if there were too many people, then I just wouldn't go at all. It might interfere with my normal fishing days though. Maybe you can teach me more abut catching LMB on the Lagoon. I haven't caught a legal size one in a while!

Thisfool
10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
you sound like you have some really good ideas I would defiantly look forward to going to a clinic reading a blog or a news letter it all sounds great

dfisher
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
great idea, sign me up!

fishraider
10-13-2009, 05:51 PM
theres been fishing clinic with fish n game there just the park always wants too do it them self

Ray Lopez
10-13-2009, 07:37 PM
theres been fishing clinic with fish n game there just the park always wants too do it them self

i've persoanlly never heard of a fishing clinic done at castiac lake and guided towards castiac lake and tricks of the trade sort of say.

i would also be running this past F.O.C.L.(Friends of Castiac Lake) and gonna get my foot in the door with them and run it past them as a monthly thing