PDA

View Full Version : Farmer bob got worked today

TroutOnly
10-13-2009, 07:28 AM
WENT TO WORK AN HOUR INTO IT GOT SENT HIME BECAUSE THE PROJECT WASNT READY TO GO ,SO I WAS HOPING TO DO A SHORT SESSION AT CASTAIC. HIT THE WATER AT 930 UNDER CLOUDY SKIES AND DRIZZLE, PERFECT CODITONS FOR BIG MR STRIPEY,WORKED MY WAY UP THE FISH ARM HIT AN AREA WERE I GOT WORKED LAST TIME AND THE SAME THING, BIG TIME HOOKUP THEN HALF WAY IN HE SHOOK THE HOOK ,DID A OVAL LAP RAN THRU THE AREA AGAIN AND SAME DEAL ,I GOT HIM A ALOT CLOSER BUT HE SHOOK THE HOOK.THE THIRD PASS I WAS GOING THRU THE AREA AND THE BOILS BLEW UP, ROLLED UP THE RIGS ,AND STARTED THROWING MR SPOOK ,ALMOST INSTANTLY HOOK UP JUST BEFORE THE NET SHAKE OFF, I GOT HOOKED UP AND SHOOK OFF FIVE MORE TIMES IN THE AREA, THE FISH WERE VERY BIG , IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE HAT I WAS WEARING BECAUSE AS SOON AS I THREW DOWN ON THE DECK I GOT HOOKED UP AND LANDED THE FISH THE TWO BIGGER UNITS WERE OFF THE BOILS. WHEN I LEAVING I TALKED TO A BASS PRO PAL OF MINE HE HOLD ME TO SCALE DOWN THE SIXE OF MY LURES SO THEY CAN GET THE WHOLE LURE IN THERE MOUTH,I WASNT SOLD TILL HE OPENED HIS LIVE WELLS AND I SAW HIS TAKE FOR THE DAY 8 FISH ALL AT TEN LBS, LITTLE LURES YOURE GETTING SOME ACTION,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NICE SEEING YOU TODAY DAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/100_0453xxxxxxxxxxxxxx---1111111111.jpg

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-13-2009, 07:44 AM
dang t/o...i guess it does pay to get out of work early...do you run a guide service? wtg on stripe action..nice catches..

fishinone
10-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Nice going Bob.

See you Saturday.

CAPT'N
10-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Beautiful fish BoB !

See you this weekend...............................

Capt'n

GeordyBass
10-13-2009, 09:05 AM
dang t/o...i guess it does pay to get out of work early...do you run a guide service? wtg on stripe action..nice catches..

Yes go to: http://www.troutonly.net.... He has an Ad on the top of the forum..... Nice Job Bobby Baaaaybeee,,,lol,,, keep on slayin' kiddo,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Bob is your go to guy for some guide fishing action !

Big Game Hunter:
If ya wants da "Lernin'" he's your man

His rates are very reasonable as well...

Look at the top of the page here for his ad "trout only's guide service" he definately does stripers as well.

Get on it while the action is hot hot hot..

Nice work Bob even though you farmed a few ....you still got on the fish and thats whats most important !

PLUS....by farming those big critters....you left them there for me on my next outing..

Ha ha ha ha ha..

Congrats Bob....nice work as alwas !
Gary

HuskerRod
10-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Bob,

You are the master. Good advice on the size of your presentation. I'll take it to heart, but I'm sure I'll still only catch largemouth. Probably just more. Im to the point now where I'm shaking those suckers off at the side of the boat.

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Bob,

You are the master. Good advice on the size of your presentation. I'll take it to heart, but I'm sure I'll still only catch largemouth. Probably just more. Im to the point now where I'm shaking those suckers off at the side of the boat.

I'd say you just need to keep searching new and better areas, I've been tearing the stripey up and I too catch LMB from time to time but the stripeys...when target correctly come in I'd say at a ratio of about 30 stripes to 1 or so LMB....if you seek and destroy for stripes only...if it's seems to be higher conentrations of LMB....move on to a new zone if you do not desire the mossbacks.

the small bait makes sense to a certain degree as many of the shad are of smaller variety but there are many larger shad as well.
I'd hate to see everyone downsize there bait religiously and possibly miss out on a larger unit that is seeking a larger meal, I run a 4" KPN Mini shad and I catch fish of all sizes, I think that size probably fits into the middle sector where its not downsized too much but it's not the huge Spook type bait..

Good luck

anyway....my 2 cents

Fishthewhaler
10-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Boils boils boils, fish fish fish, slay slay slay!!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Boils boils boils, fish fish fish, slay slay slay!!!!!

Have the striper been boiling ?

Ray Lopez
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
i was up on the west ramp today doing lots of fishing with no catching. It was just too windy and raining and cold to really fish hard like i normally do. good job punking that skunk bob!

karlow
10-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Hot dam Bob get and get um good!
If the weather sucks I will be there on Sat for the event!
Smaller is better, who knew. I ordered some toys from your friends and they should be here in time to play. I have got to do a better job, you are still catching ten fish for ever one that I get!
The good news is last time I fished circles around your friend Joe! On the troll and with bait. My bucktails out fished the storm 3 too one. It could be a color thing. The last time it was the other way around. I should tell Joe, then he will run down to Wally world and blow $60!

Bob as always, just trolling in your wake.

HuskerRod
10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Bob,

Good points, Gary. I guess catching largemouth ain't all that bad. One particularly good day I got 49-largemouth, 1-smallmouth, and zero Stripers. What the #$%^!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna need FarmerBob to show me the ropes before I give up and throw all my Striper gear overboard.

Trout 1
10-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Dang nice stripers!!!:Big Grin:

cutbait
10-14-2009, 03:41 PM
You da man Bob. Looking forward to seeing you Sat.

hamneggs
10-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Boils in the rain??????:EyePop: The striper Gods have always been good to you. I'll bet those fish tacos will taste even better after a chilly day of fishing.

CRESTLINER16
10-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Impressive as usual Bob. I have yet to hook up on stripers with a topwater. that's is still a long awaited dream. One of these day I'll manage. your posts are always so inspiring, thanks for the awesome report. thanks again for taking the time to share your awesome tips that other week!

byron

kewlwhip
10-16-2009, 08:18 AM
ssssllaayyer u-B hahahhaah BLOOOOOD see y'all saturday-

TroutOnly
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
THANK YOU CRESTLINER 16 , MAN I LOVE THAT NAME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o