PDA

View Full Version : World Series.... Who's it gonna be?

jlgarciaiii22
10-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm going with the Dodgers v.s. Yankees.... Classic!!!!!

GET DA NET
10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Los Doyers Y Los Angelitos

Lightning
10-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Come on Angels!!

The Angler
10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Dodgers Yanks just like i predicted from the get go:Cool:

Troutman65
10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry Dodger fans the Angel's are going to win.

Fire Ball
10-12-2009, 08:56 PM
I think it is going to be Dodgers vs Angles and the Dodgers are going to win!!

Oz
10-12-2009, 09:34 PM
dodgers vs yankees all the way!!!!!!!

Hometown
10-12-2009, 09:37 PM
freeway series please GO BLUE

rusty6
10-12-2009, 11:55 PM
a freeway series would be epic!!!!! and what would be even more epic is if there was an earthquake like with the A's Giants

Git R Done
10-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Dodgers all the way!!!!

Sue
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Freeway series would be the bomb! Let's go Angels! :LOL:

smokinflies
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Freeway series would be the bomb! Let's go Angels! :LOL:

yup, a battle between LA & OC county would be cool.

i also wouldn't mind seeing NY vs. Brooklyn (just like the old days).

fishincrave
10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Hoping Dodgers vs Angels but if that dosent happen Dogers vs Damn Yanks is a classic w/ the boys in blue taking it all the way:Big Grin:

troutdog
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Saw this thread lastnight and wanted a chance to absorb it a little before replying, as the "final four" match ups should be epic....great story lines and drama are sure to unfold. I don't see either series going less than 6 games, but of course that is only speculation.

AL match up:
I grew up a Dodger fan, but always considered the halos as my #1 AL team...truth be told I don't really care for AL baseball as the DH pretty much ruins it for me. In my heart I am pulling for the Angels and I think the Nick Adenhart factor might just provide the "magic" the team needs to defeat the yankees, they have done it all year even with all the injuries they have had this season. At the same time I think the yankees having the home field advantage and the big bats are ultimately going to be the difference with NY taking the series in 6. Not sure if I subscribe to a "TV Revenue" conspiracy theory, but it sure looked like the twins got screwed on every call.....that being said a Cali Freeway series is not going to be good for national ratings as the left coast will be asleep by the end of every game played out West with the exception of a Saturday game.

Prediction Tankees in 6, but I really hope I am wrong.

NL match up:
It kinda concerns me that nobody has the Phillies winning this series...perhaps it is some West coast biased for the home team, but for for one the general public is usually wrong when it comes to predicting the outcome of an evenly matched game or in this case series. We are still talking about the defending champoins here and with a staff including Lee, Hamels, Happ and seasoned vet Martinez you have a formidable staff...now consider stud hitters Utley, Howard, Werth, Rollins, Victorino and Ibanez :Shocked: The team is down right SCARY and if I wasn't a biased Dodger fan I might even be convinced to believe Phillies in 6 is a very realistic possibility. BUT......

I am a Dodger fan to the core and "I BELIEVE" in this Dodger team and think they have that intangible mojo going for them this year. Don't get me wrong the Blue Crew had the best record in the NL for a reason...Ethier has been MVP material, Manny is Manny, Kemp is as solid as they come and can do just about anything with his combination of speed and power, Furcal has been solid all year, Belliard has proved to be a key pick up and basically took the job away from Hudson, throw in Loney and Martin behind the dish with Pierre, Thome, Loretta coming off the bench and the Dodgers are solid in the field and at the plate. The pitching is nothing to scoff at either...Wolf is a former Phillie and I am sure would love to beat his old team, Kershaw is amazing, Kuroda is solid, Padilla is making people wonder if he is another player in disguise and don't forget Garland is still in the mix as well. Scary to think the starting pitching staff conversation doesn't begin with Billingsly, hopefully he can make ammends for his horrible performance in the last NLCS. Give the nod to the Dodgers bullpen....if they keep it close or have a lead going into the 7th I like the Dodgers. Bellasario....Toncoso....Kuo....Sherrill...Broxton ....forget about it!

DODGER BLUE IN 6!

TD

Hometown
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
a freeway series would be epic!!!!! and what would be even more epic is if there was an earthquake like with the A's Giantsthat **** is not funny

troutdog
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
that **** is not funny

Rusty got hit on the head by falling debris when that happend so cut him some slack HT :Wink:

TD

duce
10-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Yea! Goooooo Tigers!

The Angler
10-13-2009, 08:46 PM
again its going to be Dodgers Vs. Yanks THEE OG Freeway Series.:Twisted:

Hometown
10-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Rusty got hit on the head by falling debris when that happend so cut him some slack HT :Wink:

TDI figured he was jokeing but in CALI its a distinct possibility I didnt want to sound angry just my opinion.I hope no hard feelings RUSTY. :HOMETOWN:

rusty6
10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
meh its not a problem...i have a habit of saying stuff before i think about it...my brain/mouth filter is broken from when i got hit on the head

Hometown
10-17-2009, 04:08 PM
meh its not a problem...i have a habit of saying stuff before i think about it...my brain/mouth filter is broken from when i got hit on the head

i have same problem at times my dad tells me its becouse mom dropped me on my head:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: