PDA

View Full Version : Early Limits 10/12 Castaic

Fishthewhaler
10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Went early to castaic since it has been a few weeks. Decided I was gonna chillax and just troll unless I saw some boils, then I would stop. I headed from the ramp towards Lizabeth . Picked up 4 before right within the first hour and had stready action all over the lake. Got into some nice action behind the buoy line but lifeguard made me leave. He said no fishing behind where the buoy line would normally be. I even hooked up after the told me to go and i putted out of there, of course I had a troll rod out. I shook off about 4 or 5 and released about six. Kept a nice limit for some ceviche. Highlight of the morning was striper/ LMB boiling up tight to shore. A coyote was walking by and even watched the boiling. I had too pull in both my rigs as quick as i could(not easy!!!)and ol Mr. KPN was more than willing to be the first one in the water!!! First victim first cast was a chunky LMB, second fish at the same boils was another LMB, and third one boiled on it 2 times but I missed. Fourth time stripey was all over it. All of this happened in a matter of casts, and no one around to get in on the action. The fisth were right outside of that pea soup that covers some of the coves. They were on the edge tearing it up!! Great thing to see, and the coyote was pretty cool too. Called it a day at 1230pm. Bummer of the day was losing an umbrella when I stopped on the boils. The second rod got snagged while bringing in #1 rod. Tip of the day: don't stop your boat when you got 2 rigs out, even when you hook up. 2 LMB in pics are on the KPN.
Good luck all...

trail blazer
10-12-2009, 03:11 PM
way to go bro!!!!!!!!!
nICE SLAY THERE!!

NoHo ART
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
nice report good to hear there are still boils can't wait for saturday.
boils = losing umbrella rigs :Envious:
fishincrace and i lost 3 in one day :ROFL:

RamboBoy
10-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Nice reports

Sorry about you lost it . . . If your umbrella were stuck in the rock and stop the boat, moves the boat and your pole points toward the test line that points down, and then pull it up hard. So you will get it back safety.

Lowe Boat
10-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Monday was a good day at Castaic. Lots of striper action. I didn't start fishing till about 11:30. Worked the right side of Ski Arm.
I try to stay away from the shore fisherman. I figure I can go anywhere on the lake with my boat, why disrupt and possibly anger them. I find that many times when I make a conscious effort to avoid the shore fishermen I get a hookup.
We are there to have a good time not cause problems. (Except for the stripers!)

Fishthewhaler
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Monday was a good day at Castaic. Lots of striper action. I didn't start fishing till about 11:30. Worked the right side of Ski Arm.
I try to stay away from the shore fisherman. I figure I can go anywhere on the lake with my boat, why disrupt and possibly anger them. I find that many times when I make a conscious effort to avoid the shore fishermen I get a hookup.
We are there to have a good time not cause problems. (Except for the stripers!)

I did 3 passes in front of a group and had 3 fish, not sure if they were too happy about that, but I stayed far enough away. Mondays don't seem to be a problem.
There were some nice fish behind buoy line but Lifeguard made me leave after 2 quickies..
I am trying to sort out some plans and fish saturday in the striperfset....

GeordyBass
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
nice report good to hear there are still boils can't wait for saturday.
boils = losing umbrella rigs :Envious:
fishincrace and i lost 3 in one day :ROFL:
n000000000b.:LOL:

Nice job FTW making us whaler owners proud!

sreykmao562
10-13-2009, 01:23 PM
nice!! the best eating size :ROFL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
nice work, another successfull day.....theres so many of those lately, I hope we all don't get spoiled.

Nice work on the fish and sorry bout the lost rigs but ya gotta break a few eggs ta make an omlette !

Congrats !

P.S.
Nice lure there.....

again I'll remind everyone to try a little flyline dressing on your line to increase action....

Nice work,
Gary

johnsfishing
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
nice report!! way to go out there and congrats on the successful outing.

johnsfishing

Fishthewhaler
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
n000000000b.:LOL:

Nice job FTW making us whaler owners proud!

Gettin her ready for saturday. Gonna be some fun!!

nice work, another successfull day.....theres so many of those lately, I hope we all don't get spoiled.

Nice work on the fish and sorry bout the lost rigs but ya gotta break a few eggs ta make an omlette !

Congrats !

P.S.
Nice lure there.....

again I'll remind everyone to try a little flyline dressing on your line to increase action....

Nice work,
Gary

I need to get some of these "hyper" collapsable brellas...thats the way to go!

nice report!! way to go out there and congrats on the successful outing.

johnsfishing

There's gonna be some bloodshed up there this weekend...Time to get out there.

TRY SOME OF THIS TERIYAKI ON YOUR STRIPER!!! YUMMMMM!