PDA

View Full Version : Redondo Beach Pier !!!

Owner626
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Been A while since I fished at Redondo beach Peir..So I decided to take the Girlfriend on A basic fishing trip....
She actually enjoyed it....but aferd the fog kicked in it kinda killed the day.....
but was A great fishing trip after all...

Fishing 15lbs.
Spinning combo..
All Fish landed with squid.

shovelnose
10-12-2009, 08:33 PM
next time you go try to fish in the corner in front of the Redondo coffee shop.
i got my limit of bonitos in one throw :Big Grin:

victor101
10-12-2009, 08:36 PM
nice reports...

theyre in the wrong section btw... belong in harbor/pier/bay section

Keep it up G.

Owner626
10-12-2009, 08:40 PM
next time you go try to fish in the corner in front of the Redondo coffee shop.
i got my limit of bonitos in one throw :Big Grin:

I Fished there almost every weekends Long time ago..I dont have much time now.used to be much much better back in the day...HUGE makrel.. Pulling up some wierd *****... What do you use out there???

Owner626

Owner626
10-12-2009, 08:41 PM
nice reports...

theyre in the wrong section btw... belong in harbor/pier/bay section

Keep it up G.

My fault "G"
Im kinda new to this website....
it's been A while..

shovelnose
10-12-2009, 09:03 PM
what do you mean?

Owner626
10-12-2009, 09:05 PM
what do you mean?

What bait do you use? And your set up?

shovelnose
10-12-2009, 09:36 PM
mackerel (chuncks) most of the time.
set ups:(2) seeker 20-30, Newell c220-5 with 20 mono and Avet MXL 30 mono.
shimano teramar 20-40,Saltis 20H with 20 mono , green and white feathers

Owner626
10-12-2009, 10:20 PM

You make these rigs?
Because I seen a few feather rigs out there but never sure if they really worker....

Owner626
10-12-2009, 10:20 PM

You make these rigs?
Because I seen a few feather rigs out there but never sure if they really worker....

shovelnose
10-13-2009, 06:54 PM
yes i do and they work really good
i use them to get mackerel and bonito, so i don't have to spend money on bait:Big Grin:
also you can get Sting rays n' thresher shark

Owner626
10-13-2009, 11:42 PM
yes i do and they work really good
i use them to get mackerel and bonito, so i don't have to spend money on bait:Big Grin:
also you can get Sting rays n' thresher shark

Damm...Nice.....

Well right now im kinda confeused with two types of feathes..lol you have any pictues?

Simplyeman
10-13-2009, 11:58 PM
They are called "bonita feathers"....a lot of locals make their own, which at times works reallly well......I buy mine from "Johnnies Sport Fishing"...

I kill 'em with this model....although I havn't been able to use it this season.

shovelnose
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
They are called "bonita feathers"....a lot of locals make their own, which at times works reallly well......I buy mine from "Johnnies Sport Fishing"...

I kill 'em with this model....although I havn't been able to use it this season.
how much do they go for?
this are the kind i use
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/th_CIMG0638.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/?action=view&current=CIMG0638.jpg)http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/th_CIMG0635.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/?action=view&current=CIMG0635.jpg)

Owner626
10-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Got it..
They actually look like they have much potential...
How many feathers do you use on u the line?

And also ...
Do you apply bait to the feathers ?
Ot just like that?

Simplyeman
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
I've had mine for years, i bought several of them but I think they were around 3 or 4 (not sure). Johnnies doesnt have the BEST prices but certainly a good variety.

shovelnose
10-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Got it..
They actually look like they have much potential...
How many feathers do you use on u the line?

And also ...
Do you apply bait to the feathers ?
Ot just like that?
i use 4 feathers but be careful getting 4 bones :Shocked:on one line is really difficult.
for bonitos i don't put bait on them n' for macs only if they are picky:Rolls Eyes:

shovelnose
10-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I've had mine for years, i bought several of them but I think they were around 3 or 4 (not sure). Johnnies doesnt have the BEST prices but certainly a good variety.
good quality feathers for 3-4 bucks

bsp
10-15-2009, 08:41 PM
4 or 5 feathers with a large chrome tape Krockodile spoon as the weight knocks the bones and mega macks dead.

ToadsToadsOnly
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Did you happen to see anyone catching any spider crabs on redondo pier yet?

Owner626
10-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Did you happen to see anyone catching any spider crabs on redondo pier yet?

Not while i was ther..
but i pulled them up my self..big ones and many of them > / why is that?

smokehound
10-22-2009, 06:54 PM
how much do they go for?
this are the kind i use
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/th_CIMG0638.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/?action=view&current=CIMG0638.jpg)http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/th_CIMG0635.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/gabriel-munoz/fishing/?action=view&current=CIMG0635.jpg)loving that jack-mack fly..

You can take a black sharpie and put some mackerel stripes on it, that might kill em..

ToadsToadsOnly
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Not while i was ther..
but i pulled them up my self..big ones and many of them > / why is that?

I want to go fish for them they are great eating. Well once you get out of your mind how ugly they are lolz. I actually prefer them over lobsters not really a lobster fan. You pulled some up recently owner?

Owner626
10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
I want to go fish for them they are great eating. Well once you get out of your mind how ugly they are lolz. I actually prefer them over lobsters not really a lobster fan. You pulled some up recently owner?

Yeah I pull them up all the time. Last time i pulled them out was about under A month ago. I would be going back mote ofter, But im not the driving time. Especially the long distance..But let me kno if you have any questions or anything. I pulled them out with Big Game 15lbs as big as the one on my post!

\Owner626/

ToadsToadsOnly
11-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah I pull them up all the time. Last time i pulled them out was about under A month ago. I would be going back mote ofter, But im not the driving time. Especially the long distance..But let me kno if you have any questions or anything. I pulled them out with Big Game 15lbs as big as the one on my post!

\Owner626/

Thanks Owner626,

Redondo pier holds some monster spider crabs I have pulled numerous crabs that would not fit into the hoop net. I used to fish Redondo pier quite often and have pulled quite a few out of there. I have not fished mush off that pier in the last three years or so kinda out of the loop. I tried it out last night the spider crabs were definitely not crawling but still managed 1, a local crab, and a tiny blue crab. I usually don't do well around the full moon Ill be back at it again maybe this week or next week.

2jackedLUNGS
11-27-2009, 07:41 PM
redondo is nice cuz its so close to me. have to go out there soon. thanks for the report.

NooB SaBass
12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Never fished for Bonito, but saw 2 guys kill in like a hour 6-7 fish and i been there bottom fishing for like 5 hours got 2 Rays lol... so I think i might try, so 4 fly's and what leads for the weight? "Cast-A-Bubble"? or ...? I fish Oceanside since its kinda my local pier being 30 min away, but if Redondo hooks up alot i have no prob making that mission...

DockRat
12-09-2009, 06:06 AM

Spider Crabs Blah :Dog Piss:

I got a big one diving once and the legs were hollow with some poor imitation stringy wannabe meat inside. Taste like :Dog Piss:

Worked on Redondo Pier at Castagnola's in 1977 and used to get them killer King Crab Legs sometimes mmm mmm Good. I would never touch food off a used plate when I was a busboy with one exception King Crab Legs.
'Can I take your plate' no doggy bag. Then stash the untouched King Crab legs and my mom would scarf them down when I got home :ROFL:
Learned spanish from the cooks and dishwashers that came in to play on Baja surf trips. Then met my Chilean wife later who spoke 10 words of english at The Red Onion :ROFL:
23 years later still tappin that puntang :ROFL:

I used to make up names for fishing spots on another site and one spot was called ' Punte de Brazil ' and ' Casa de Mapas ' :ROFL:

Punta de Brazil was La Samba next to the short pier.:ROFL:
Casa de Mapas was the Chart House at Redondo/Hermosa border. :ROFL:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/wittyncute2/redondo_pier_filt_b_copy.jpg Punta de Brazil (middle right) :ROFL:
DR

DockRat
12-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Never fished for Bonito, but saw 2 guys kill in like a hour 6-7 fish and i been there bottom fishing for like 5 hours got 2 Rays lol... so I think i might try, so 4 fly's and what leads for the weight? "Cast-A-Bubble"? or ...?

Cast a Bubble is old school. Guys used to cast them 1/2 full with a 5' leader to a blue/white feather, Pump and wind to make a splash for bonito over by Joes Crab Shack off the rocks.

Crocodiles blue/chrome or castmasters work good too. :Secret:
DR