PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Jetties !!!

Owner626
10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Decided to hit up the Jetties one last time before summer was over.....
All fish landed on squid.
Fishing 15lbs. Spinning Combo.

HelloBendo420
10-11-2009, 07:15 PM
nice work.. wth did you do with that stingray?

SeaSick17
10-11-2009, 07:30 PM
keeping a batray??? Is that not cool?

sansou
10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
What did that batray taste like? Just curious...

Owner626
10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
nice work.. wth did you do with that stingray?
Cut off the wings and ate it.....my brother said it was actually tasty ! ..yeah sorry about that...usually throw all my fish back in the water...Sorry Guys.

Owner626
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM

Not Sure. it was my brother who tasted it . not me..but ill ask him and let you kno..

troutdog
10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Looks like you had a nice day out on the rocks, great way to spend the day in So Cal.

I guess as long as the ray didn't go to waste, but Taco bell and Wendy's has slammin deals right now so why? :Confused:

TD

Owner626
10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Looks like you had a nice day out on the rocks, great way to spend the day in So Cal.

I guess as long as the ray didn't go to waste, but Taco bell and Wendy's has slammin deals right now so why? :Confused:

TD

Absoloutly right.... we heard it was really good eating... so my brother convinced me to take it home and try it out.....he did say it was one of theeee best fish he has ever ate...so yeah not a waste at all...

saintarv
10-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice looking bat............:LOL:

Owner626
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice looking bat............:LOL:

Yup Thanks..

have any ideas how much it might weigh!??

Mojave River Angler
10-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Don't let these guys badger you about taking a legal fish under any circumstances. There is plenty of illegal stuff going on for them to gripe about. Once fishing is illegal for individuals these guys will all die for lack of someting to gripe aobut. Fish on.
MRA

troutdog
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Don't let these guys badger you about taking a legal fish under any circumstances. There is plenty of illegal stuff going on for them to gripe about. Once fishing is illegal for individuals these guys will all die for lack of someting to gripe aobut. Fish on.
MRA

MRA I think you reading into this a little too much, that or you're just looking for a batray ceviche' handout :ROFL:

TD

BIGRED KILLA
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I had it a few times (just to say i had it) some at China Town and a few places in Mexico they hit the fins with a sharp metal pipe and make poor mans Scallops. They taste good but they look to creepy for me to clean and eat but if you like em go for it we have to many in are waters. thanks for the report

Bigred

B@$$[P][M][P]
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Nice fish brotha, I had that exact fish in the picture. Hot Pot style with all kinds of veggies and hot sauce, to say the least it was BOMB!

sansou
10-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I guess you'd never go hungry if you were in to eating those things! You could catch as many as you want on any given night...

Owner626
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I guess you'd never go hungry if you were in to eating those things! You could catch as many as you want on any given night...

Lol yeah, But I usually just throw them back after I bring them up.
They put up A great fight!.

Owner626

Owner626
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM

"Nice fish brotha, I had that exact fish in the picture. Hot Pot style with all kinds of veggies and hot sauce, to say the least it was BOMB!"

kelpbasskid
10-13-2009, 08:23 PM
MRA

way to sound like an idiot. just because its legal doesn't mean its right. Go ahead, kill all the bat rays you want, beacuse its legal. oh, and by the way, saying stuff like that is really helping us appear to give a crap about the ocean we fish in. Come on MLPA, we're waiting for you, because you odviously can't use any sound judgement yourself.

Our fishing rights are on the cutting board, so before you start saying ignorant BS like that, why don't you remember that the ocean is our resource, and when its abused for the sake of eating a "tasty fish", its not helping our situation.

Sure sharks and rays might be trash fish in some peoples eyes, but remember, the general public doesn't take to kindly to us fisherman killing the touching tank pets.

You want to eat fish, catch something else. Maybe they taste decent, but they're people who think dolphins are gourmet, and sea turtle eggs are a delicacy.

To some of the more veteran anglers, how about we not encourage keeping batrays, and instead educate others on the better eating fish out there

come on, use some moral judgement. Rant over

shovelnose
10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Yup Thanks..

have any ideas how much it might weigh!??
just a guess 50lbs n' taste really good (Sting tacos):Big Grin: