PDA

View Full Version : The ghetto challenge results!!

WARRIORMIKE
10-11-2009, 05:18 PM
First off I would really like to give a big thanks to everyone that attended today. :High Five:Without the 10 participants that showed up, we couldn't have made today possible, thanks guys and one girl! :Envious::Envious:

After waking up this morning, I knew it was going to be a nice and cold chilly morning. Well we had the morning meeting about 0530:Group Hug:.Talked about some rules and regs, after that it was on to fishing! :Twisted: For the most part of the morning it was like what I expected,a tough fairmont bite. I had a nice blow up on a buzzbait, and that was about it till about 1100 hours, where i landed a nice little dink bass. For me that was it :Crying::Crying:

Here are the final results!

BGH
warriormike
basslady
steveg1980
danny300
ghettofisherman's son
skylarjames2009
all tied for last place
:Skunk::Skunk::Skunk::Skunk::Skunk::Skunk:

However it seems we had three individuals that weighed in some fish.

3rd goes to
cl smooth
:Dancing Banana:

2nd went to
capt kirk
:Applause:

1st goes to
ghettofisherman with I believe a whopping 4.10 lbs

:Not Worthy::Not Worthy:
:Thumbs Up:

Way to Ghetto Fisherman!!!!!

Here are some highlights

danny300 working the bank
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDgtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTMzN.jpg

basslady and bf on the docks
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTMtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTM1N.jpg

basslady still working the dock
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTItMjAwOTEwMTEtMTM1M.jpg

ghettofisherman and daughter on the fish
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTAtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTM0N.jpg

CL keeping it Smoooooth
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDktMjAwOTEwMTEtMTM0N.jpg

ghettofisherman fishing in the jungle
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTYtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQyM.jpg

capt Kirk driving with lunch only for himself I might add :LOL:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTUtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQyM.jpg

ghettofisherman's ghetto son! :LOL:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTQtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQyM.jpg

basslady and BF coming in for weigh in, It looks like the BF had a bad day of fishing, and he didnt even fish!! :LOL:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjMtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQ1N.jpg

capt kirk getting his lure unstuck
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTgtMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQ1M.jpg

ghettofishermans CFO, waiting to get a hold of that dinero!:ROFL:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjItMjAwOTEwMTEtMTQ1N.jpg

ghettofishermans daughter, she knows that dad is going to take her to Chuck E.Cheese now!! :Big Grin:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/IMG00021-20091011-1457.jpg

Still keeping it smoooooooth :LOL:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/IMG00019-20091011-1453.jpg

Like to mention that it was unfortunate to not have fishmounter fish today, Jeff we all missed you today, except ghettofisherman :Big Smile:

skylarjames2009 cant wait for the video

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
goodtimes brother

smokinflies
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
congratulations ghettofisherman.

and great job setting up this tourney WARRIORMIKE. looks like everyone had a great time out there. i wish i could of made it out there.

BTW, where are the pics of the catches?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-11-2009, 05:46 PM
congratulations ghettofisherman.

and great job setting up this tourney WARRIORMIKE. looks like everyone had a great time out there. i wish i could of made it out there.

BTW, where are the pics of the catches?

MIKE?????i want my ten back...:ROFL:

CPT.Kirk
10-11-2009, 06:39 PM
I had a great time caught three fish one short all where caught on a red eye shad, in the early morning. After losing the only two lipless crank baits that I brought, I started fishing various plastics without any more luck.:Smile:

No one never remembers who came in second.:Crying:

steveg1980
10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Good fishing with all of you and congrats to Ghetto Fisherman.

On that note, I'd just like to say F**k Fairmont Park! Kudos to the locals who fish it and have success, but that lake has to be one of the worst out there. There's literally s**t everywhere (human and animal) and I saw more trash in that lake than fish. Not to mention the humongous trees everywhere that take lures like crazy from branches and roots. Some of those trees look like Christmas trees with all those lures and bobbers in them. Anyway, I just hate that place :)

WARRIORMIKE
10-11-2009, 07:04 PM

On that note, I'd just like to say F**k Fairmont Park! Kudos to the locals who fish it and have success, but that lake has to be one of the worst out there. There's literally s**t everywhere (human and animal) and I saw more trash in that lake than fish. Not to mention the humongous trees everywhere that take lures like crazy from branches and roots. Some of those trees look like Christmas trees with all those lures and bobbers in them. Anyway, I just hate that place :)

I did forget to mention a special thanks to Steveg1980, for helping to get the weigh in slips and the revised rules. By everyone contributing a little, it tends to go a long way! :Wink:

Steve next week at Fairmont! :Twisted:

B@$$[P][M][P]
10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Great job out there everyone. Contrats to the winner Ghettofisherman and fam. Better luck next time everyone, place looks nice to fish.

fishmounter
10-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow! Steve's a sore loser. The lake is not what he says at all... well there is duck crap in certain spots, but so what. Looked like everyone except Steve had fun, and I'm sorry I missed it. It was cool talking to the guys (and girls) afterward. Nice meeting and talking to Danny and everyone should give a big thanks to WARRIORMIKE for putting this thing together.

WARRIORMIKE
10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
The lake is not what he says at all... well there is duck crap in certain spots, but so what.

Jeff,we really did see some toilet paper and human dung by the golf course lake. Of course cl smoov did leave from that spot pretty fast!!!:Shocked::Shocked::ROFL:

Sorry Charles!! :LOL:

ghetto dad
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM

The name of the Event was "Ghetto Challenge"..wth you expect?? :ROFL:

Good job everyone....

GD

CL SmooV
10-11-2009, 07:28 PM
i want to say thanks to mike for doing a great job hosting GCFT #1. had fun fishin with all you dudes and dudette : )

.....looking forward to GCFT #2.

now as for my day: after we departed from the morning meeting i fished the golf course pond for no bites. i seen small ducks being attacked by bass in there but no love. i tossed buzzers, swimbaits, reaction baits, spinners, and dropshot some robos and senkos in there. nada!

next i went to the bigger of the lakes for a bit. i too lost my lipless crankbait, by rapala. damn i liked that lures flow through the water! but, its gone!

next i fished the docks for 5 minutes: no love. tossed swimbaits and crankers.

i met up with some dudes and we hit the smaller lake, it was said a nice sized lmb hit some crankbaits there. i got no love. then i headed over to the rose garden, and fished near there on the big lake. saw some action but got no love.

moved along the west side of the big lake, where you have the large trees and roots at the entry of the water, and then bam! caught one. beat the skunk on a natural shad swimbait that i carolina rigg'd. my goal was to land at least one, since this was my first time at this lake. measured out to be 14 inches weighing just under 2 pounds.

ghetto? hell yeah this lake is. my first spot i found a pile of dookie there, and a piece of t shirt used for t paper. even almost stepped in it. i toughed it out, stayed clear of it, and fished there anyway.

ghetto? yes.... twice this dude asked me if i had some weed....lmao. told his *** to beat it after the 2nd time.

ghetto? yup.... and i loved it. wouldnt have it any other way. lol

until....

the smoovster....

WARRIORMIKE
10-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Steve, I love it, you're getting ghetto! :Twisted::Twisted:

skylarjames2009
10-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I had a great time thanks Warriormike for hosting the First Annual Ghetto Challenge. Loved meeting everyone thanks for the hospitality. Maybe next time it can be in the Los Angeles Area. One of my lakes that I know, and you all have to learn.:Big Grin:

Video is is recording to DVD as we speak

Much Props Ghettofisherman:Applause:

Skylarjames2009:Big Smile:

WARRIORMIKE
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Video is is recording to DVD as we speak

Awesome, cant wait to see it, send it to my email please! :Secret:

Danny300
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
ghetto fisherman, I don't know if I should call social services for having your son go get that fish (fairmount water herpes) or congratulate you!

Great Job on your win! :Razz:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Mike did you get a shot of those mauled ducks????chupecabre...fairmonsters.

old pudd fisher
10-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Mike did you get a shot of those mauled ducks????chupecabre...fairmonsters.

Was their messed up ducks their? I went by the slum pond on the way back from getting oxygen tanks filled up around noon but didn't see any one their. But I think I seen Bass Lady huggin her b/f on the tank.

The Angler
10-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Looks like everyone had fun To bad I missed out, i will be there for the next one & get the win.

Congrats ghettofisherman:Beer Toast:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Was their messed up ducks their? I went by the slum pond on the way back from getting oxygen tanks filled up around noon but didn't see any one their. But I think I seen Bass Lady huggin her b/f on the tank.

yeah, but the city of riverside (community service..hahaha) had to scrape it up before the people got out there...

skylarjames2009
10-12-2009, 09:40 AM
If you were at the challenge and would like me to email you the video please pm your email and when I get home today I will forward to you. I wish I could up load on FNN.

Let me Know

Skylarjames2009

steveg1980
10-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm not a sore loser, I actually expected to lose since I never fish there. I told Mike before we even got started that I'd be happy just to not get skunked. I just don't like that lake. The water is nasty, you can't even see a foot deep in most places. The lake is loaded with trash (plastic bags, discarded food, shoes, etc). There really was human feces. Mike talked one of the community service workers into picking up the "wiping" materials and using a stick to move the turds under a bush. There was also dog crap, duck crap (no big deal) and various unidentified crap. There's homeless dudes running around everywhere with their dogs. Miscellaneous crackheads, tweekers and gay dudes cruising for action.

Then you have the overgrown trees all along every inch of the bank. Pretty much everyone there, including me, lost some tackle to those trees. And it's obviously not a rare occurrence based on the numerous bobbers and lures hanging from every tree. Obviously you adjust to it, but it makes the fishing frustrating and distracts from the enjoyment. Those trees are massive, I don't think it would do any damage to cut back some of the branches so they aren't hanging so low over the water, especially around the golf course lake.

Anyway, I did have fun meeting everyone and the weather was nice. Those lakes could be great if only the city did a better job of cleaning up and keeping the bad elements out. Mike will agree with me that if they spent as much time and effort patrolling for the addicts and litterers as they do for parking violations, this lake would be a lot nicer.

The Angler
10-12-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm not a sore loser, I actually expected to lose since I never fish there. I told Mike before we even got started that I'd be happy just to not get skunked. I just don't like that lake. The water is nasty, you can't even see a foot deep in most places. The lake is loaded with trash (plastic bags, discarded food, shoes, etc). There really was human feces. Mike talked one of the community service workers into picking up the "wiping" materials and using a stick to move the turds under a bush. There was also dog crap, duck crap (no big deal) and various unidentified crap. There's homeless dudes running around everywhere with their dogs. Miscellaneous crackheads, tweekers and gay dudes cruising for action.

Then you have the overgrown trees all along every inch of the bank. Pretty much everyone there, including me, lost some tackle to those trees. And it's obviously not a rare occurrence based on the numerous bobbers and lures hanging from every tree. Obviously you adjust to it, but it makes the fishing frustrating and distracts from the enjoyment. Those trees are massive, I don't think it would do any damage to cut back some of the branches so they aren't hanging so low over the water, especially around the golf course lake.

Anyway, I did have fun meeting everyone and the weather was nice. Those lakes could be great if only the city did a better job of cleaning up and keeping the bad elements out. Mike will agree with me that if they spent as much time and effort patrolling for the addicts and litterers as they do for parking violations, this lake would be a lot nicer.

Dude if you only knew lol This place is probably 20X cleaner and safer then it was about 5 years back. How do u know if the people running with there dogs are homeless? Or the guys driving by gay? stop stereotyping people you dont even know that kind of stuff will get you beat up at fairmount:ROFL:

I agree bout the trees though Belive me i have had countless backlashes because of those damn things but any good angler can adjust to the enviorment with a little practice. The Fairmount tree are legends They jack fools for tackle for fun then donate them to us locals on the regular:ROFL:

dfisher
10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
congrats to the winner! Hopefully next time it is somewhere closer! hehe

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-12-2009, 09:33 PM

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: see you on the lake bro, nice avatar i remember that....did that guy ever win that sandwhich????
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx200/motopuaina/BumFights.jpg

old pudd fisher
10-12-2009, 10:12 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: see you on the lake bro, nice avatar i remember that....did that guy ever win that sandwhich????

Don't know but he is my hero.

BassLady
10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
yea ol pudd fisher that was me :Big Grin:

I dont care about all the bad things people have to say about that lake/park; I love it. Those trees have been there since the begining of the park. You can look at books that have historic photos of Riverside, the photos of Fairmount park have those trees in them. Though i do agree that they could be trimmed a lil, theyve always been there so you would think people would get used to them by now.

And i dont know why so many people have to complain about the homeless and the tweekers there. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, theyre really nice and alot of them fish that lake and can tell you alot about how the bites been. I dont know why people always gotta hate on them, its not like theyre doing anything to you. I talk to those guys all the time and theyve always been so nice to me. And I know if i was homeless or blew all my money on drugs, I think fairmount park would be a hell of a place to live lol.

Really its the regular folks there that bug and bother me the most. They are the ones that leave all the trash. And every freaking guy has to stop and talk to me cause im a girl and usually fishing by myself and for some reason they seem to think that i might be interested in what they have to say. And every time they talk to me it seems to be for like 20mins and usually results in them asking for my number.ehhh :mad: One guy asked me a load of just idiotic questions "are there really fish in there?" ( no theres only 20 people with rods in the water just to look cool) "what are you going to do if you catch nemo?" , "why dont you call them to come 'here fishy fishy fishy'" , "what you catch fish and you dont even eat them!?!" my god and those were all questions he really asked me on Sun.

Eventually I called my bf and had him bring me breakfast and chill with the rest of the day just so people would stop. grrr. I think this sista needs to walk around with a do not disturb sign on her back.

Either way, thats my rant, I had lots of fun even though it was a long day.
and my catch for the day....
1- hair tie
1- red party cup
1- sock
1- cold (yippie)

I definatly do it again, skunk or no skunk. And to anwser your question Mike; if you decided to hold it at another lake I prob wouldnt go.

Fairmount builds character :Big Grin::Big Grin:

WARRIORMIKE
10-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I definatly do it again, skunk or no skunk. And to anwser your question Mike; if you decided to hold it at another lake I prob wouldnt go.

Fairmount builds character :Big Grin::Big Grin:

I have another idea in the works with fairmont! :Secret::Idea:

BassLady
10-13-2009, 12:14 AM
ps. nice meeting everyone it was a pretty cool bunch :Big Grin:
congrats to ghetto dad and kudos to your son. too bad he lost that big one :Sad:, welcome to the boards, it was a pleasure to meet you and you have a lovely family

btw skyler you should put that video on youtube and then post the link on the boards

WARRIORMIKE
10-13-2009, 12:21 AM
ps. nice meeting everyone it was a pretty cool bunch :Big Grin:
congrats to ghetto dad and kudos to your son. too bad he lost that big one :Sad:, welcome to the boards, it was a pleasure to meet you and you have a lovely family

btw skyler you should put that video on youtube and then post the link on the boards

:Idea::Idea: Good idea on that Amy. I agree put the link on youtube then post it.

Also its "ghettofisherman" not ghetto dad :Razz:. Although both ghetto! :Wink:

fishmounter
10-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks BassLady and Angler for standing up for me. It's cool if Steve doesn't come back. One less fisherman to worry about.... he might catch the next big bass that was going to be mine! And I don't want him to think that I am one of the "miscellaneous crackheads, tweekers and gay dudes cruising for action.", as I drive around the lake. Well, I am a happy person, and I do drive around the lake looking for bass action, so oh no! I must be gay! Steve, there are so many crackheads, tweekers and those awful homosexuals there that it makes it hard to fish. They are behind every tree, some are in the trees with all the hooks, lures and bobbers, just waiting to grab your a**. And they all have big mean Pitbulls, etc, etc. So hey bro, if you don't like it just don't go there. Like I said before, it's not that bad. Enough said. Good night, it's 1:50 am, time for bed.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Thanks BassLady and Angler for standing up for me. It's cool if Steve doesn't come back. One less fisherman to worry about.... he might catch the next big bass that was going to be mine! And I don't want him to think that I am one of the "miscellaneous crackheads, tweekers and gay dudes cruising for action.", as I drive around the lake. Well, I am a happy person, and I do drive around the lake looking for bass action, so oh no! I must be gay! Steve, there are so many crackheads, tweekers and those awful homosexuals there that it makes it hard to fish. They are behind every tree, some are in the trees with all the hooks, lures and bobbers, just waiting to grab your a**. And they all have big mean Pitbulls, etc, etc. So hey bro, if you don't like it just don't go there. Like I said before, it's not that bad. Enough said. Good night, it's 1:50 am, time for bed.

FISHMOUNTER SLEEPS IN THE TREES OF FAIRMONT..:ROFL:...steve's a cool cat com'on guys one mans opinon dosen't mean that it is so...fairmont is trashy jus like anyother free lake...people don't take care of it...as long as us as anglers pick up after ourselves and after others then we shouldn't mind others opinions...i love the mont there is no ohter lake like it, the regulars are helpful and informative even if it's not about fishing...

BassLady
10-13-2009, 05:27 AM
lol i totally meant ghetto fisherman ha! i kept reminding myself not to post ghetto dad because i kept wanting to say that since his son was there. oopsa daisys, well i suppose ghetto fisherman is also a ghetto dad lol

its funny too cause the pitbulls those homeless guys have that are near the golf course seem all ferocious with the way they bark and yell at you but if you come up to them (of course with owner around) they just lick your face off lol

smokinflies
10-13-2009, 08:24 AM

it's Rufus the Stuntbum!!! lol

steveg1980
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Like I said, kudos to you regulars who fish Fairmont and have success. I'm just expressing my opinion that I'd rather not fish somewhere that I have to watch out for stepping in human feces. I really don't have a problem with the homeless guys, except that some of them obviously don't use the proper toilet facilities. The same guy with the dog that was barking like crazy at BassLady also walked over and pissed in the golf course lake. He and his dog might be nice, but I don't want to fish in his bathroom...

Again, I'm not being a jerk or insulting the people who fish Fairmont and love it. I'm just expressing my opinion of the park and lake. For me, there are plenty of other places where the fishing is better, the area is cleaner and safer and the fishing experience is more enjoyable because you don't have to deal with all the bad aspects of Fairmont.

The Angler
10-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Like I said, kudos to you regulars who fish Fairmont and have success. I'm just expressing my opinion that I'd rather not fish somewhere that I have to watch out for stepping in human feces. I really don't have a problem with the homeless guys, except that some of them obviously don't use the proper toilet facilities. The same guy with the dog that was barking like crazy at BassLady also walked over and pissed in the golf course lake. He and his dog might be nice, but I don't want to fish in his bathroom...

Again, I'm not being a jerk or insulting the people who fish Fairmont and love it. I'm just expressing my opinion of the park and lake. For me, there are plenty of other places where the fishing is better, the area is cleaner and safer and the fishing experience is more enjoyable because you don't have to deal with all the bad aspects of Fairmont.

I understand your points, I guess It just doesnt matter to me cause i have never seen anything that u have mentioned when I was there fishing.

smokinflies
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
So when is the next ghetto challenge WARRIORMIKE?

WARRIORMIKE
10-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Steve very valuable opinions and yes I did see some of the things mentioned here.

We all know the stories of FP and what its about. Personally I have seen way to many homeless crackheads at the park to count. On that note Steve is only voicing his opinion on a lake that does have a reputation to be a real "ghetto lake" If it wasn't for Steve and his efforts towards this challenge it wouldnt have gone as smoothly as it did. Thank you steve for the help! :Wink:

steveg1980
10-13-2009, 10:09 PM
No problem, I was happy to help. And I'm definitely looking forward to more of these events... just not at Fairmont :)

WARRIORMIKE
10-15-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0x3dKTQ1I4

skylarjames2009
10-16-2009, 11:20 PM
I have been so busy at work that I haven't had time to post video, glad you were able to post it for me. Hope everyone enjoys the video.

Just a little footage of fellow fisherman during Challenge:Skunk::Razz::Big Smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUkgjatUP4

skylarjames2009
10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUkgjatUP4