PDA

View Full Version : Little Rock Res.

tpfishnfool
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Getto Rock Res opened up on Saturday so thought I'd go check it out. Long short water level is full but only managed two small Bass. Conditions are prime, no trash (give it a few days), to bad they won't plant any fish in there anymore. That could be a great little lake if they leave the water level full and dump some fish in there. FYI

INDOANGLER2.1
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
tpfishnfool - Thanks for letting us know, i'll be throwing my plastics out there soon. I read somewhere that this moretorium on stcoking could only be until January. Hopfully they;ll start it up again next year.

fishfinder
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
great to here it is open again. maybe friday :LOL:

JimmyFSU
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
ive been there everyday since it opened. ive been doin good untill today. i guess it too cloudy, i had bites and one on the hook, but they didnt stay:(. i'll be there sunday morning, if you guys wanna meet up or something.

BuzzBait
10-12-2009, 11:13 PM
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! Finally!!! I've been driving up there almost every week end to go home disappointed. So, lately we have been hitting up Piru. I'll post a report.

INDOANGLER2.1
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I fished a couple of hours yesterday afternoon caught 5 bass up to 3lbs. I was pleasantly surprised. I met the guy that runs the store, his name is Rick real nice man. There are no boats allowed because the water goes to FNF and Palmdale Water District has banned boats due to the mussel thing. There are several boats you can rent, Rick is still putting the rental pricing together. You can also get your ADventure pass there. Stop by and see him.

BuzzBait
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
ive been there everyday since it opened. ive been doin good untill today. i guess it too cloudy, i had bites and one on the hook, but they didnt stay:(. i'll be there sunday morning, if you guys wanna meet up or something.

We'll be there this sunday! See ya there!

BuzzBait
10-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I fished a couple of hours yesterday afternoon caught 5 bass up to 3lbs. I was pleasantly surprised. I met the guy that runs the store, his name is Rick real nice man. There are no boats allowed because the water goes to FNF and Palmdale Water District has banned boats due to the mussel thing. There are several boats you can rent, Rick is still putting the rental pricing together. You can also get your ADventure pass there. Stop by and see him.

Oh that's not good! No launching???? That's not good. We've been fishing there all year. That's totally not cool. I'll have to check with the county to see if launching is still allowed. This lake is the only reason why we bought an adventure pass. grrrr...

fishfinder
10-13-2009, 04:43 PM

Are there signs posted to this effect? This is just another bunch of bull crap. if i had some of those muscles i would dump them in the FNN, and any other lake that does this, just so they would have no reason to kick us off the lake, or keep us out. ( wouldn't seriously do that, but this pisses me off)

JimmyFSU
10-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh that's not good! No launching???? That's not good. We've been fishing there all year. That's totally not cool. I'll have to check with the county to see if launching is still allowed. This lake is the only reason why we bought an adventure pass. grrrr...

im in the same boat as you, i only got my boat going and bought an adventure pass for this lake too... the launch ramp is blcoked off, with K rails.

INDOANGLER2.1
10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
I know no boats, i was really bumped, I am pretty sure but not 100% if that includes tubes as well. Yes the ramp is blocked, if anyone has any questions here the phone number to the store that runs the place. It called The damn Store 661-533-1923.

BuzzBait
10-15-2009, 01:16 PM
tpfishnfool - Thanks for letting us know, i'll be throwing my plastics out there soon. I read somewhere that this moretorium on stcoking could only be until January. Hopfully they;ll start it up again next year.

I checked the dfg for their schedule and Little Rock Looks like is on the will not stock list.
Check it out! http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/stocking/

tenderloin
10-15-2009, 01:21 PM
I hope it doesn't get worse.

Endangered Arroyo Toad Gets Big Increase in Proposed Critical Habitat
Endangered Arroyo Toad Gets Big Increase in Proposed Critical Habitat

VENTURA, Calif.— In response to a lawsuit brought by the Center for Biological Diversity, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service today proposed just over 109,000 acres of protected critical habitat for the endangered arroyo toad in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, and San Diego counties, California.

“Once a common species in Southern California, the arroyo toad has lost 75 percent of its historic range and needs all of the protected habitat it can get if it is going to survive,” said Noah Greenwald, endangered species program director with the Center for Biological Diversity. “Today’s proposal represents a hop in the right direction.”

This is the third critical habitat designation for the toad since its listing as endangered in 1994. Fish and Wildlife Service proposed designation of 478,400 acres of critical habitat in June 2000, which was pared down to 182,360 acres in January 2001. In response to an industry lawsuit, the agency then proposed to designate 138,713 acres in April 2004 and finalized the decision with just 11,695 acres in April 2005, a reduction of 98 percent. Today’s proposed designation restores many of the acres removed due to political interference by the Bush administration.

“The Bush administration did its utmost to ensure that endangered species like the arroyo toad received as little protection as possible,” said Greenwald. “Today’s proposal is part of the long process of cleaning up the mess created by the past administration.”

The severe reduction in the past designation of critical habitat was in part engineered by Julie MacDonald, a disgraced former official who was forced to resign after the Department of the Interior’s own inspector general issued a scathing report detailing her interference with, and bullying of, agency scientists. Overall, the Center for Biological Diversity has sued to overturn Bush-era decisions covering 52 species, including a number of other Southern California species, including the California red-legged frog, California tiger salamander, and Santa Ana sucker. To date, the Obama administration has been settling the majority of these suits by agreeing to reconsider decisions that limited protection