PDA

View Full Version : culling bass question

J. Owen
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
ok stupid question but when tournament fishing do i wait to aply my ardent culling system when i have a limit or each fish caught??
i asume when i catch each fish so i only have to weigh the fish once and mesure once right??
thanks for the tips

J. Owen
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

WARRIORMIKE
10-11-2009, 06:58 PM
ok stupid question but when tournament fishing do i wait to aply my ardent culling system when i have a limit or each fish caught??
i asume when i catch each fish so i only have to weigh the fish once and mesure once right??
thanks for the tips

Talk to the tournament director for the tourney. Some tourneys cull at 4 fish, or five, depending on the lake rules:Wink:

bruce watson
10-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Some folks cull at number six in a tournament and that is against state law. When number 5 hits the livewell, you have taken your limit.

J. Owen
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
really so having 6 n the boat but oly 5 in the well with planns to cull out the runt is illeagal?? so you are only aloud 4 to cull then a kicker for your limit?? even if your plan is to release a smaller one to only keep a 5 bass limit. wow not doupting you at all but i may have to research that one ive seen every bass tournament angler have 5 in the well and cull out the smaller ones for an up grade but this is not the first tme ive herd that once you got 5 your done so i may need to do some homework i belive that you are only aloud 5 in the well at a time that upgrading is ok as long as you do not have more than 5 on board???

bruce watson
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
If you have 5 in your livewell, the question the game warden is going to ask you is "If you have your limit, why are you still fishing?"

J. Owen
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
and the anser is for a weight ugrade looked it up and dfg law is once you get a limit of bass 5.
you may continue fishing as long as
you return each extra bass alive to the water
or replace it with one in the well that is alive
you may not cull dead bass
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Administration/Permits/FishingContest/Culling.asp
here it is man thanks for that advise though could have saved me a heafty fine

bruce watson
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Very good information. So that is only in permitted tournaments. I take it that if a group of fishermen get together and have a tourney but don't get a permit from DFG, then the old rule is in effect. I know of some special tournaments where the bag is three fish. Now I know why.

Socal Bassman
10-16-2009, 05:07 PM
I weigh each fish before I put them in the livewell. It's a lot more hassle and stress on the fish if you try to weigh them after you catch the 6th one. Not to mention the amount of time you burn chasing each fish in the livewell. Just have your scale handy, measure (if needed), weigh, tag, then put it in the well. Don't forget to write down the weight along with the tag color. So when it's time to cull, it's easy to identify the smallest fish by the tag color.

J. Owen
10-16-2009, 09:44 PM
thanks bassman ive got the system where you dial it in on the boey so no need to write it down (seemed easyer and faster to do) so im set thanks alot man
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageARDACC-ARSMC.html
this is what im working with

Socal Bassman
10-16-2009, 11:27 PM
thanks bassman ive got the system where you dial it in on the boey so no need to write it down (seemed easyer and faster to do) so im set thanks alot man
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageARDACC-ARSMC.html
this is what im working with

How's do you like that system? I was thinking of buying a set too.

J. Owen
10-17-2009, 10:27 AM
dude its sick no markers, boards, to worry about especialy durring night tournament just weight it dial it in and go when its time to cull grab your ball lol :Embarrassed:and check your weight for the samallest no need to find your board to figure out what is what its alot faster