PDA

View Full Version : Skinner is Hot!!

kenmac33
10-10-2009, 07:59 PM
If you read my last report from saturday the 3rd, I had a pretty good morning out there and even managed to catch a pretty good sized one to top off my bag. I haven’t posted since but I will tell you that I was out there for a little bit on Monday and to my surprise, I caught ANOTHER Big Bass in the exact same spot as Saturdays’ Big fish, along with the “Wide Open” striper bite all over the lake in which I managed to boat 3 or 4 of them as well.

Back to the report, We met up at my house at 6:15am. took the short drive down to the lake. Classic early fall weather, Dark, cloudy skies, parking lot had no more than 4 boat trailers in it, perfect, couldn’t ask for a better start of a the day!
So, we hit our first spot, not far from the launch and the striper were boiling there again. I got a small one right off the bat on the small swimbait. Jeff, gets nailed big time only to come unbuttoned at the boat. I believe he nails another one at that spot not long afterwards.
Then Jeffs on again, he sets on the fish and into the boat he comes, a healthy Lake Skinner largemouth bass, about 3lbs or so. Andy’s not on yet, he’s been busy tying that “Double Rig” preparing for “What’s to come in a little while”. Also, on a side note, this is Jeff’s first time bass fishing and he’s off to a good start
Next spot the bite changed a bit, they were off the swimbait, I got one one the senko, Andy managed to boat a keeper striper on the double rig, and Jeff got hammered again and broke off. We worked the bank in some key areas that had been producing lately and managed 4 or so more, nothing big but enough to keep our interest. Made a move and I decided to experiment with a couple of rigs and do a bit of fine tuning and to my surprise
quickly narrowed it down what literly turned out to be almost “A Fish Every Cast” for the next hour. Our last spots fish count was right around 25 or so bass. But the Highlight of the day was Andys’ BIG BASS that nailed his bait right in the tules on 4lb line and a very light rod. This thing was HUGE!! Great day out there everyone and as you can see, the bite is HOT!! right now. www.basstaxi.com/blog/ (http://www.basstaxi.com/blog/)

GdHkSet1
10-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Well done slaying the Green Fish and Stripers, 4 boats in the lot- Fall pattern boating fish what more can you ask for... Congrats on your friend getting his a chunky LMB on light gear

fishmounter
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
NICE! Looks like that one bass got hit by a bird or something when it was little. Has a nice scar between it's dorsal fins.

newbefisher
10-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Nice job. :Thumbs Up:

fishntime
10-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Yeah! Way to killem. Its amazing how skinner produces fat largies.

kenmac33
10-12-2009, 02:34 PM
NICE! Looks like that one bass got hit by a bird or something when it was little. Has a nice scar between it's dorsal fins.

I agree, that fish definitely had a chunk out of it at one time.

tight lines,

ken
http://www.basstaxi.com/blog/