PDA

View Full Version : skinner 10-10-09

cklovetofish
10-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Unlike the report from Bluegill last week, we almost came home skunk. Only 2 small stripers for 4 of us for the whole day, from 6:15 to 4:30.
We did see some little boil scatters at places, some fish jumping, but that's about it.
Whole day only saw one striper landed by another person.
I think I saw Bluegill there across ram 1 for most of the day. We did not see any cat fish at all. Tried all kinds of bait, East end, channel, ram 2, etc, never saw any cat fish.
Talked to marina staff and they said only a couple of blue gills and another striper was reported to them all day.
Very slow and disappointing for everyone. Maybe the bluedstoning has its effect this week.

Troutman65
10-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Well, It least you spent the day outdoors fishing.

Thanks for the post

cklovetofish
10-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Well, It least you spent the day outdoors fishing.

Thanks for the post
Yes, I did. Besides the fish did not want to cooperate, the weather, wind, and traffic was ideal. Water did get a little choppy by the time we left.
When we showed up, it was 44 degrees out there. Cold and foggy.

Bluegill
10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Unlike the report from Bluegill last week, we almost came home skunk. Only 2 small stripers for 4 of us for the whole day, from 6:15 to 4:30.
We did see some little boil scatters at places, some fish jumping, but that's about it.
Whole day only saw one striper landed by another person.
I think I saw Bluegill there across ram 1 for most of the day. We did not see any cat fish at all. Tried all kinds of bait, East end, channel, ram 2, etc, never saw any cat fish.
Talked to marina staff and they said only a couple of blue gills and another striper was reported to them all day.
Very slow and disappointing for everyone. Maybe the bluedstoning has its effect this week.

2 is better then the skunk.... it's all about spending good time with goods friends. I guess I pick the right weekend to stay home. Can't wait to get back on the lake.
Where did you guys fish early morning and mid afternoon?
There is a pattern of where and what time to fish skinner

Bluegill

Mondo21
10-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry about the slow day out there. Nothing beats being out there with Friends. You'll get um next time. Cindy:Big Grin:

cklovetofish
10-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Early morning, we fished at East end, nothing. By 8 move to area across 1, nothing. Went to ram 2, got 2 stripers there by 11.
The rest of the day, ram 2, back to ram 1, East end, back to ram 2. Gave up by 4:30.

formosa
10-11-2009, 09:50 AM
when a lake was bluestone, i will wait for 2 weeks before fish there. from what i heard skinner been tough lately. u shall try it again next week.