PDA

View Full Version : Surround Sound

Gossamer
10-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I want to get surround sound for my TV. I have a 18 x 15 room that it will go into.

Do I get a system that will be able to fill a bigger room later on? Do I just get something that will fill the room I have?

If I do get a bigger system will it be to loud for the room I currently have?

Can I get a decent system for like $500 bucks?

Simplyeman
10-10-2009, 12:48 PM
You dont have to get a crazy setup. You can just stick with a "simulated" home theatres system. Sound is projected in a way where that simulates surround sound. Stick with these three companies: harmon kardon, denon, onkyo.....I would probalby wait for Black friday and just pick up a sick deal on a home theater system.

victor101
10-10-2009, 02:09 PM
If you get a bigger system...it wont be too loud if you dont turn the volume too high...

I picked up a decent onkyo system for around $500 at Fry's...but If i had the money I would of built my own. Fry's Electronics always has some good deals on home theater....

lalo56
10-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I got an Onkyo 7.1 setup. Like Victor said. Its better to build your own but will run you more. I would recommend a receiver that passes hdmi both video and audio.

victor101
10-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I got an Onkyo 7.1 setup. Like Victor said. Its better to build your own but will run you more. I would recommend a receiver that passes hdmi both video and audio.

I also have a 7.1...might be the same one. What I dont like about it is that the HDMI only passes thru but it doesnt convert all of your other inputs into HDMI...so you need to run a HDMI cable and the AV cables to your TV.

fishfinder
10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
make sure you get 1000 watts