PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 10/9/09

Rod Wynn
10-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Sup Guys..
Went up to Castaic today to check out this striper bite and hopefully scrape up some LMB along the day..

Had to get some work done to my truck this morning so we didn't get on the lake til 11am..

Having said that, we spent alot of time in Elizabeth and Eutopia in which there were some sparse striper boils but they did not stay up long when they came up and it seemed like we were just out of casting range when they did come up..

We started the day throwing all types of reaction baits in which my boy Louie picked up our 1st fish of the day on a new Strike King crankbait in Sexy Shad color.. That fish was about a pound and a half..

After that, the striper boils pretty much died off so we went around various spots trying to drop shot some fish up or maybe somemore crank or rip bait fish..
Well after a few hours of doing that we managed only one small fish on the drop shot..

Soon after that, we decided to go back to Elizabeth and wait out the boils and such until they kicked us off the lake..

It's safe to say it was worth the wait!

Right around 5:30 the fish got real active and began to boil around various areas in the cove!

So the action had began but the problem was, the fish seemed a little topwater shy so I tied on a Aaron Martens Scrounger head with a tiny fluke on it and Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam!!!
4 quick Stripers are in the boat and this was on just random fan/blind casting (while waiting for boils) in which worked out well..

So right around 5:45-6:00 alot more boils starting showing up and we really got into them.. The good part about it was that these fish were NOT stripers that were boiling..
These were wolfpack largemouth on the feed and we nailed them til we had leave for the ramp... We got those fish on BassTrix Swimbaits, Scrounger Heads and Sammy's..

Big Fish for the day was this 5Lb fish in which I caught on my favorite bait..
BassTrix Swimbait!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/RealityWynn/Castaic10_9_09004-1.jpg

Overall good day, great weather and great times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMZulI3C9rw << Quick video from today