PDA

View Full Version : 976 tuna trip 7/1/07 report spitfire 3/4 day

hartattack13
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
alright heres my report:

got my payment confirmation email from 976 tuna and it also stated that we would be fishing for yellowtails and wsb's. i think they forgot that they said that. total fish count on the boat was a whopping 15 fish (all calicos)for 30 anglers. :shock: not a single yt or wsb on the boat. not even bites from those guys. the last stop we made was where all the fish were caught. right before we pulled up anchor a HUGE school of yt's showed up (50+ fish) irons started flyin'(empty bait tanks) but as soon as they irons hit the water the fish gave us the finger :finger: and split. all i caught was a sunburn

:skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk:

hartattack13
07-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Forgot something- Jackpot winning fish was a 3lb calico :bang: WTF!!!!!

out of line
07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Hey, thanks for the report. I am new to Cali. and don't know anything about fishing the big blue, but now I know who not to go with. Any suggestions for a newbee?

jplee3
07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
alright heres my report:

got my payment confirmation email from 976 tuna and it also stated that we would be fishing for yellowtails and wsb's. i think they forgot that they said that. total fish count on the boat was a whopping 15 fish (all calicos)for 30 anglers. :shock: not a single yt or wsb on the boat. not even bites from those guys. the last stop we made was where all the fish were caught. right before we pulled up anchor a HUGE school of yt's showed up (50+ fish) irons started flyin'(empty bait tanks) but as soon as they irons hit the water the fish gave us the finger :finger: and split. all i caught was a sunburn

:skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk: :skunk:

Sorry man, I totally feel your pain. I was out for YT and WSB this wknd as well and got nothing.

Now I want sweet vengeance! :evil:

hartattack13
07-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Hey, thanks for the report. I am new to Cali. and don't know anything about fishing the big blue, but now I know who not to go with. Any suggestions for a newbee?

yeah dont let yourself get to frustrated cuz there are way more good days than bad ones. :wink:

hartattack13
07-02-2007, 12:52 PM
hey jplee when you goin out again and where to? let me know maybe we can hook up.

victor101
07-02-2007, 01:32 PM
sorry bout the skunk man. i was out this weekend too. on an overnighter on the liberty. the yt were WO for about 20 mins but i didnt manage to Land any. all i cought were some short calicos, 1 keeper, and a handfull of perch. i need to get out there again soon.

troutdog
07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the less than stellar fish catching day....I have always liked the Spitfire, although I have never fished w/the976 crew. The only thing I can say is Catalina is usually a zoo on the weekend and puts quite a bit of pressure on the exotics,you have to take into account that all the overnight boats get first shot at the prime spots. The other thing is we just had a full moon Saturday, don't know about you guys but I have never had a "great catching" day on the water just after the full moon for whatever reason. I usually wait until until at least 4 days aftyer the full moon before fishing salt if at all possible....think I'm going on the Spitfire Wednesday morning, hopefully I will have a good report for you. Good luck out there and keep casting!

TD

hartattack13
07-02-2007, 02:31 PM
no complaints about the crew on the spitfire at all, not sure if the capitain got the memo about the yt's and wsb though, he kept parking the boat on rocks and reefs, i thought i was on the wrong boat for a while.

JapanRon
07-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi hartattack13,

Sorry to hear about the trips' catching results. You hit Catalina is my guess. How was the fishing. Squid or finbait?

Again thanks for reporting ..... even a tough trip!

JapanRon

Wingnut
07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Sorry about the tough day, you'll kill em' next trip! :wink:

hakaveli
07-02-2007, 07:35 PM
wow im glad i didnt go on that trip . would have been a waste of money with no action. Sucks u got skunked especially on a boat

SanDimasLMB
07-02-2007, 08:58 PM

Since you stated that you were a newb, just because you don't catch fish on a boat DOES NOT MEAN THE CAPTAIN SUCKS!!! :evil: Its more like you choose the wrong day to go fishing.

As for the report, sorry for the :skunk: Was Craig the captn? Craig tries hard to find the fish but the fishing is only just starting to heat up. Wait awhile and you should get sweet vengeance

hartattack13
07-03-2007, 11:34 AM

Since you stated that you were a newb, just because you don't catch fish on a boat DOES NOT MEAN THE CAPTAIN SUCKS!!! :evil: Its more like you choose the wrong day to go fishing.

As for the report, sorry for the :skunk: Was Craig the captn? Craig tries hard to find the fish but the fishing is only just starting to heat up. Wait awhile and you should get sweet vengeance

dude im a noob to this site, not to fishing. craig wasnt the capt. he was actually workin the deck though he's a way cool guy. im not complaining about the crew at all just a bummer trip. u win some u lose some, but when a 3lb fish wins the jackpot?!?!?! CRAPOLA.

sansou
07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I feel your pain on the phantom YT.

Seems to me they tend to stick around a little more when they have a paddy to hang under coupled with liberal chumming from the deckies. Otherwise, out in the open water, just like the tunas, they tend to dissapear fast once they crash whatever baitball they were chasing.

jeff4321
07-03-2007, 11:18 PM
you should of kept a sardine out of the bait tank and entered it into the jack pot.

ghetto dad
07-03-2007, 11:30 PM
speaking of tuna, you guys hear they are picking albacore a ways off china (clemente)

2quikmotorwerks
07-05-2007, 08:15 PM
you should of kept a sardine out of the bait tank and entered it into the jack pot. :lol: :lol: :lol: