PDA

View Full Version : FNN's Got Talent...

troutdog
10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
A few of you have fished with my buddy Alan aka Dodger Doggy here on FNN and I have been bustin his gnads about not going fishing with me lately, but he has been pretty busy trying to make things happen with another expertise he has a passion for.....check it out!

(This was recently shot at the Johnny Mercer Foundation benefit for brain cancer research at Schoenberg Hall at UCLA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3uBN0j6HM&feature=channel_page (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3uBN0j6HM&feature=channel_page)

He is going to ring my neck if he sees this post! :LOL:

TD

olfishergal
10-09-2009, 10:34 PM
very cool. one of my fav old songs WTG DD

sansou
10-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Dodger Doggy definately can lay down some oldies. Very nice.

Sue
10-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Dodger Doggy, can I be your Evita to your Che??

smokehound
10-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Sue, you may very well be the first person i ever saw spell nads with a G.

That guy's great!

hbomb
10-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Definitely some talent, thank for sharing.:Cool:

Troutman65
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Thats all great . Trout Season is just around the corner and he better be up for some FISHING. :LOL::Wink:

Granny Fish
10-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm swooning over that performance. Wow! :Applause:

lalo56
10-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Loved it. He sings really good. Kinda reminds me of Frank Sinatra.

2quikmotorwerks
10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
great job dd, u got some skills bro

crappiemike
10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
you rock dude!!!!! what about fishing????

cm

fishmounter
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
That's very cool! Great voice man! Anyone that has a musical talent like that can fish in my boat any day. Now if I just had a boat...

J. Owen
10-30-2009, 04:41 AM
man dude can sing

Dodger Doggy
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, thanks everyone! (And no, Aaron, you aren't in trouble. I have to come to terms with the idea I'm "that old dude crooning old songs" instead of the young guy I keep thinking I still am! :LOL: )

Troutdog let me know he posted this a week or two ago (after having put it up earlier), and I tried a response before but was having - am having - computer issues and the response didn't "take". Hope this one does!

That day was a special day for me. I got the call "last minute" to do that show, and even more last minute I got my good friend of less than a year to play trumpet (Max) and my dear friend of over a decade - Howlett Smith - to play the piano for the show! They had never met each other, but I knew how well they'd do together musically, and how they'd react with each other as far as just being cool human beings! I was sure right. We rehearsed for the first time at Howlett's for about 10 minutes when I picked him up to go to the venue, and maybe 10 more at the hall itself - and that was it. On stage you go! Got an amazing email back from the producer of the event - Dari Mackensie - that really brought tears to my eyes too........so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life!

I'm glad some of you got "something" out of that. For me, the "moment" was the moment.....and anything else that comes from it just is what it is - and I'm happy if one person got a smile out of it for any reason. (Even if it was to laugh at the old dude with a rooster on his head playing an imaginary left handed banjo for no apparent reason! :Wink: )

I look forward to seeing many of you - and I cross my fingers that circumstances will allow me to do exactly that! I need to drop a line or two, dangit! (Sheesh!)

-Alan, the Crooning Fisher Dog

:???:

:ROFL:

Dodger Doggy
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
By the way.......here's a link to the other song we did that day - Come Rain Or Come Shine. It starts out "black" with Max playing the trumpet while the piano was being moved on stage and such (and there's a funny story there too - but I guess not funny enough to explain here).....but it kicks in after a bit. I'm no Ray Charles - but then again, even though I was (am) humbled by the comparison, I'm really no Frank Sinatra either!

:ROFL:

(I will be, though, "Che to your Evita" Sue! LOL I had no idea that was you posting the comment on You Tube! Very cool.)

Thanks again, everyone. Your responses were humbling. I really appreciate your kindness. (Now don't "rip me" on this one either, ok? lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCgNNHr0Us&feature=channel

-Alan (Dodger Doggy)

P.S. Check out Max's "mute". It's a plastic cover for a 50-pack of blank CDs! :ROFL: That was pretty inventive I thought - and it sure suits Max's inventive creativity of getting the type of sound he wants!